Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spencerracing00
so which servo would u recommend??
Personally I run Hitec servos. But the best bang for your buck would be the Savox 1258TG. At .8 for speed and 166 oz of tourqe it is a great balance between tourqe and speed. If you search that servo you will find alot of great reveiws.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Personally I run Hitec servos. But the best bang for your buck would be the Savox 1258TG. At .8 for speed and 166 oz of tourqe it is a great balance between tourqe and speed. If you search that servo you will find alot of great reveiws.
Thank you...i have saddle packs, chassis brace, clutch basket, alum hubs, front rear sway bar, what are some other good upgrades for the sc1044?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
So for those who have tried the new Jconcepts +6mm Hazard wheel over the standard wheel are you all convinced that it is "THE" wheel off-set to have?

I chatted with DE Racing about making a wheel with the +6mm off-set also but I personally have never used the Jconcepts wheel. I have been using spacers to add 3mm to my truck (as wide as I can go) with the standard DE Racing wheel and feel the truck is considerably better. I assume +6mm would be even better.

I will be honest i am running quicker laptimes with the narrow offset wheels. just got home from the track and that is one of the things i was testing and sure enough a solid 3 tenths with the narrow offset wheels. No more JC's for me, maybe on really high grip.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Weirdest thing ever just happened......
one of the motor screws came undone and went around the belt and got caught in the front pulley
Awesome.

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I will be honest i am running quicker laptimes with the narrow offset wheels. just got home from the track and that is one of the things i was testing and sure enough a solid 3 tenths with the narrow offset wheels. No more JC's for me, maybe on really high grip.
How does that make sense? Honest question.

Thank you...i have saddle packs, chassis brace, clutch basket, alum hubs, front rear sway bar, what are some other good upgrades for the sc1044?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

i am confused on your question!!! what are you asking?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

In the next couple weeks everyones pre orders for the center diffs will be sent to them and then we will see what people report and say about them. A couple people already received theres and say nothing but good things.

You have all the "good" upgrades I would pick up front and rear spring kits to dial in the suspension. Also since you are running saddles pick up some lead weights to balance the chassis out. And you should be ready to rock
Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 PM

i am confused on your question!!! what are you asking?
The Truck not having 6mm wider: Better Lap Time.
The Truck having 6mm wider, capable of Driving corners harder?: Worse Lap Time.

Sense? I'm asking why you think that is.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry already have the springs too......i was wondering about the kevlar belt...and alum pullies? and anything eles
Old 01-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
The Truck not having 6mm wider: Better Lap Time.
The Truck having 6mm wider, capable of Driving corners harder?: Worse Lap Time.

Sense? I'm asking why you think that is.
I cant really put my finger on it, with the narrow offset the truck is more agile and transitions better. if i go from narrow to wide i cant feel the difference except slower laptimes but when i go back to narrow i can drive the truck harder. Its weird, i havent tesetd on a loose track yet maybe they are better in that siutation.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
How does that make sense? Honest question.
Narrowing the track increases weight transfer, so I'd assume Mantis' truck is a little tight before he made the change. Jinx! Jinx!

I cant really put my finger on it, with the narrow offset the truck is more agile and transitions better. if i go from narrow to wide i cant feel the difference except slower laptimes but when i go back to narrow i can drive the truck harder. Its weird, i havent tesetd on a loose track yet maybe they are better in that siutation.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 PM

Interesting. I didn't think there was much to 'hurt' being wider and logically being able to drive harder.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nyk
Not a 100% but I think with airtronics servos you will need an extension wire...
Who wouldve thought six mm would make that much of a difference.

Hey marcus , ever though about goin with lighter shock oil with the wide setup?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnbugman
yes got 2 strc pulleys they are a must. oem plastic wear out really fast! there so cheap anyway. Also i noticed my nylon lock nuts dont really have any thread protrusion with hazard rims. so far so good though.
I got one of the first release kits and have at least a hundred packs through it original pulleys and belt and they are still good . I would say they are not a must .
Old 01-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Who wouldve thought six mm would make that much of a difference.

Hey marcus , ever though about goin with lighter shock oil with the wide setup?
the width doesnt effect jumping, any lighter and im going to slap everywhere! im just going to stick with stock offset wheels. i had a hunch about this a few weeks ago.....

i typically use shock oils for track surface tuning, anything to do with turning i tune via sway bars ,roll center, ACkbar etc etc. you dont want to use oil to make the car turn a certain way because you will lose out on another part of the track, its always a compromise.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Just got back from the local high bite indoor track (its cold here in Jersey) ran my truck with the center diff it was awesome . I have run my truck pinned and with the basket this blows them away great on power steering i need to work on my setup a little I need a little more off power steering . I let another guy who drives a SC10 4x4 drive my truck and he said it did everything better then his truck . I am running an Exotech chassis , RC Shox ackerman bar at -3 , FT shocks with 30wt in the rear 35wt in the front with blue springs front and rear , 5mm rc shims on front 0 on rear , blue sway bars front and rears . 5000 in the rear diff 7000 in the front . You can drive it much harder I ran five packs through it tried Rebars and Hole shots it really liked the hole shots . Thank You Marcus for making great products I guess i am going to have to try your pistons too everything else you have recommended has worked great .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.