Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slash 4x4 worthwhile mods!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Two Stage Shock Pistons

any thoughts on these???

rpm Two Stage Shock Pistons (Medium-Heavy Dampening)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Richbear2
I'm just getting back in this sport after 15 yrs. I bought a traxxas slash ultimate and I'm looking for some worthwhile mods that make a difference on the dirt short course track. thanks.
the best worthwhile mod, would be to sell it, and buy a REAL short course 4x4 truck lol.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTSC10
the best worthwhile mod, would be to sell it, and buy a REAL short course 4x4 truck lol.
Whats the point of this lame ass post....
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

that comment has no social redeeming value.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

REAL short course trucks are hundreds of thousands of dollars. He's just trying to have a little fun with an RC shortcourse truck

But if the buyers purpose is mostly bashing with occasional racing, it's a great truck. But if he's planning on racing a lot, definitely better choices out there. Like the Losi 4x4 sc truck or the OFNA Hyper 10
Old 02-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
REAL short course trucks are hundreds of thousands of dollars. He's just trying to have a little fun with an RC shortcourse truck

But if the buyers purpose is mostly bashing with occasional racing, it's a great truck. But if he's planning on racing a lot, definitely better choices out there. Like the Losi 4x4 sc truck or the OFNA Hyper 10
i meant rc short course...

slash 4x4 is good for bashing eh? yeah i guess after you finish upgrading all the shoddy peices to aluminum, toss a new motor mount in it that doesnt destroy itself, and some electronics that wont poof on the 3rd battery...there decent trucks.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

i meant rc short course...

slash 4x4 is good for bashing eh? yeah i guess after you finish upgrading all the shoddy peices to aluminum, toss a new motor mount in it that doesnt destroy itself, and some electronics that wont poof on the 3rd battery...there decent trucks.
This post really could not be more false.....

Last edited by 92 vert; 02-26-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Richbear2
I'm just getting back in this sport after 15 yrs. I bought a traxxas slash ultimate and I'm looking for some worthwhile mods that make a difference on the dirt short course track. thanks.
Just drive it for a while, and get used to it. Tune it to your liking,.
Kingheadz motor mount would be first mod, and go from there. For a fun truck the Slash 4X4 is great. if you plan to race a lot, then maybe stepping up to something else might be better. If there is a class of Slash 4X4's at your track go for it. I have had mine for about 8 months and have had a lot of fun with it. The only mods so far was to put TiN shock shafts in my shocks. Other than that it is bone stock. I just got my kingheadz motor mount and it is going in this weekend.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 92 vert
This post really could not be more false.....
oh really? i see it all the time at the local track, not to mention some of the people i bash with, always have broken slash 4x4s...

myself i got sick of replacing parts, and constant upkeep, and crappy electronics..its not like what i said is a myth, or doesnt happen. you just must be a traxxas fanboy.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

oh really? i see it all the time at the local track, not to mention some of the people i bash with, always have broken slash 4x4s...

myself i got sick of replacing parts, and constant upkeep, and crappy electronics..its not like what i said is a myth, or doesnt happen. you just must be a traxxas fanboy.
I have owned the Slash,Hyper and Jammin and guess what they have all broke at least once. My Slash has been the most durable and thats because I race it and I dont beat it to death like alot of the 4wd sct drivers I see. Please bash the hell out of a hyper or sc10 and see how that goes for ya
Its not like I am a Traxxas nut either as the 4wd Slash all I would own from them...but its just my view as you seem to know it all already.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Suspended

I have owned the Slash,Hyper and Jammin and guess what they have all broke at least once. My Slash has been the most durable and thats because I race it and I dont beat it to death like alot of the 4wd sct drivers I see. Please bash the hell out of a hyper or sc10 and see how that goes for ya
Its not like I am a Traxxas nut either as the 4wd Slash all I would own from them...but its just my view as you seem to know it all already.
i owned at one point 6slash 4x4s, i got tired of robbing peter to pay paul...

i beat the piss out of my hyper10sc, and my jammin scrt..and honestly, aside from an arm or two...nothings broken.

My SC10 is a different story, but i use that truck to race with...it was never intended, nor designed to be a basher truck..

the slash4x4 is weak, terrible design, the electronics are poor{if they even work!}, and the upkeep is just to damn much! not to mention the terrible handling, and lack of tuneability!

there are far better choices out there, for much less money!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

i owned at one point 6slash 4x4s, i got tired of robbing peter to pay paul...

i beat the piss out of my hyper10sc, and my jammin scrt..and honestly, aside from an arm or two...nothings broken.

My SC10 is a different story, but i use that truck to race with...it was never intended, nor designed to be a basher truck..

the slash4x4 is weak, terrible design, the electronics are poor{if they even work!}, and the upkeep is just to damn much! not to mention the terrible handling, and lack of tuneability!

there are far better choices out there, for much less money!
everyone has their own opinion....I like the slash and it has been nothing but reliable.....and its fun beating all those other superior trucks with my crappy traxxas
Old 02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

On the original topic I would grab the STRC steering rack and aluminum threaded shock bodies to get rid of those plastic collars....
Old 02-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Suspended

everyone has their own opinion....I like the slash and it has been nothing but reliable.....and its fun beating all those other superior trucks with my crappy traxxas
i see your in illinois, you ever go to leisure hours or raceworld?
Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

i see your in illinois, you ever go to leisure hours or raceworld?
Been going to LH for a few years and have been to RW twice....I am racing at hobbytown now since its 10 min from my house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.