Hong nor new 1/10 buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong nor new 1/10 buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks. I have driven it a lot on the street in front of my house. I runs great. I have increased the pinion to a 17t for my Ballistic 7.5t motor. I hope this isn't too tall. I was just gaging the performance on the street to a top speed that I like. It could even go faster. Also the larger pinion has helped with a little bit of cogging with the larger Mod1 gear teeth. I would love to look at other center diffs for this chassis but for now it should be good.

Final paint is complete and the car is ready for the track. I will be getting the Kyosho Flush wheels for a next steps as well as some thinner hexes.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all,
This is my version of the Hongnor 1/10 buggy.
Mine has a wheelbase of 282 mm and fully carbon chassis, shocktowers, batt cradle and wingmount.
The original wingmount is to high so I made som lower carbon wingmount
More pictures will come later..

John
Attached Thumbnails Hong nor new 1/10 buggy?-022.jpg   Hong nor new 1/10 buggy?-027.jpg   Hong nor new 1/10 buggy?-028.jpg   Hong nor new 1/10 buggy?-20130311_200859-1.jpg  

Last edited by JohnBuhl; 03-20-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

For all those interested I am updating my CR.5 to get ROAR legal and max WB. I did order the Kyosho DBX center shaft to atempt to getvto 291.5mm. It did't work. I am now looking for another option for a center dogbone that is longer than 82.5 and shorter than 102.5.

Also the Schumacher front hexes are 10mm. I wish I would havw known.

I am planning to us Kyosho ZX5 rear wing mounts. I will be installing the upgraded rear tower and drilling for the wing mounts.

Lastly, I plan to use Pin style rear wheels and machine down to get to 250 mm rear width. Th Kyosho Flush front fit well but the rear do not.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomErickson
Thanks. I have driven it a lot on the street in front of my house. I runs great. I have increased the pinion to a 17t for my Ballistic 7.5t motor. I hope this isn't too tall. I was just gaging the performance on the street to a top speed that I like. It could even go faster. Also the larger pinion has helped with a little bit of cogging with the larger Mod1 gear teeth. I would love to look at other center diffs for this chassis but for now it should be good.

Final paint is complete and the car is ready for the track. I will be getting the Kyosho Flush wheels for a next steps as well as some thinner hexes.

Now that's what a 10th scale 4wd buggy should look like.

Nice job....
Old 08-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks. I am starting to tune this car for racing. A lower wing, new chassis with longer wheelbase, and spring options.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

I have my conversion running well now and hope to tune it further. What springs, shock oils and diff oils are working for you? I am planning to change out the 7K front oil and go to 3K. That would get my diffs to 3-5-3. For shocks I am using the single hole pistons front and two hole rear which I plan to re-build with 30wt AE oil and hard springs all around as a base and tune from there. I am considering AE or Kyosho shocks as an upgrade for the future.

Rear track width: With AE wheels I am about 265mm rear and 275mm with Kyosho and Losi wheels. I will be getting a C-CVD kit from MIP for the Losi 22 and adapting the rear arms and camber links so get the rear within ROAR limits. The MIP set is only $37 and uses the 5mm shaft. The bone is 70mm long in place of the 82.5 stock bone so I should reduce the width 24.5mm. I would them be 240-250mm always. I can adapt the width with hex thickness in the future as well.

New Chassis: My first cut chassis was a test to get the car running. Now that I like what I am getting I am planning to cut a new Nexx10SC chassis and fit the HyperTT 93mm center shaft increasing the Wheelbase to 282mm. I will place the longer shaft in there rear providing more space for battery placement. I now have access to a nice Mill so I also plan to remove as much weight as makes sense. I expect that the chassis will resemble the Avid upgrade for the B44.1 when I am done.

I installed the Ofna aluminum rear tower and drilled holes to install the Kyosho Lazer ZX5 wing mounts bringing the wing lower. I looks pretty good now. I will post some photos soon.