Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what wing is that
Old 09-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
The OFNA extended chassis or the RC Monster chassis work for this conversion. The SCRT10 chassis is too long.

I have analyzed all 4wd bodies and most will fit. The B44 bodies fit the best cause you can trim the nose. The "cab foreward" bodies may be more difficult with the OFNA extended chassis.
So the conversion is possible with the ofna ext chassis even though the wheelbase is only around 9 1/2 inches? Will the b44 body fit with the battery standing on it's edge or is a flat tray the only option?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by coaltrain
So the conversion is possible with the ofna ext chassis even though the wheelbase is only around 9 1/2 inches? Will the b44 body fit with the battery standing on it's edge or is a flat tray the only option?
I have not tried this but I think the battery can remain standing on end. I was looking at the bodies that have more space on the sides to ensure that I can stay with the stock CRT battery box.

The RC monster chassis is much better for this really but I have not been able to get one.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
I have not tried this but I think the battery can remain standing on end. I was looking at the bodies that have more space on the sides to ensure that I can stay with the stock CRT battery box.

The RC monster chassis is much better for this really but I have not been able to get one.
I sent mike at monster an email to see if the chassis will ever be in stock again. Not sure about the vertical battery mount, a HB D8 body won't fit on my Nexx10 with the battery tray installed and i would think an 1/8 scale body would have more clearance. I really think ofna/hong nor is missing the boat with this, a 1/10 scale 4wd with the handling and tuning of an 1/8 scale and all they really need to produce is a chassis an body, all the other parts are readily available.

I'm also considering converting to a lightweight 1/8 scale with 17mm adapters, scrt/nexx10 chassis and VE8 body since the SC chasssis puts the length at 1/8
Scale.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

I sent mike at monster an email to see if the chassis will ever be in stock again. Not sure about the vertical battery mount, a HB D8 body won't fit on my Nexx10 with the battery tray installed and i would think an 1/8 scale body would have more clearance. I really think ofna/hong nor is missing the boat with this, a 1/10 scale 4wd with the handling and tuning of an 1/8 scale and all they really need to produce is a chassis an body, all the other parts are readily available.

I'm also considering converting to a lightweight 1/8 scale with 17mm adapters, scrt/nexx10 chassis and VE8 body since the SC chasssis puts the length at 1/8
Scale.
I was also considering a coversion to 8th scale. The SCRT chassis fits and the Jammin X1 bodies work fine.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

What 1/10 wheels are 0 offset with 12mm hex mounting.....HB D4, Kyosho ZX5-SP? Not sure which ones I need.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What 1/10 wheels are 0 offset with 12mm hex mounting.....HB D4, Kyosho ZX5-SP? Not sure which ones I need.
dont think any are - - im holding a zx5 wheel in my hand and it is FAR from 0 offset (more like 10-15mm). if i remember correctly all the other 12mm hex wheels are the same way, so they resemble the old school losi and associated stuff

if anyone finds any that are 0 offset, let us know!!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know what wheels are on MantisWorx buggy?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 PM
mof
Tech Adept

I used JC Rulux B44 and Tamiya 4wd wheels on mine. Had a smaller hex at front and Tamiya driveshafts/axles, Tamiya alloy hub and modified CRT5/SCRT10 front arms with pin at rear. The front wheel axles were shortened a little bit to make the car legal width.

Chassis is custom with motor mount flipped around and moved, saddle pack layout.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

The Saddle pack design is clearly the best layout for this chassis design. It looks like a custome chassis can allow for the best layout. I may laminate two aluminum plates to make my chassis.

I was considering B44 wheels for my conversion. If it's a little more than the legal width I am not too concerned.

What motor should I use? I was considering a 540 6.5t Ballistic. Is this a good choice?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Can anyone give me wheelbase numbers for the various chassis? (ofna long, rcMonst., scrt10, etc)
Old 09-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Ofna long 9.4"
Scrt 12.75"
RCM not real sure but I think its between 10.5 and 11", good luck finding one.

On the subject of wheels. The Kyosho flush front wheel is -10 negative offset, like most other 4wd cars, the original Kyosho front wheel is +10, like the Kyosho rears that fit the zx5 and rb5. I'm going to try the HB D4 front and rear and see how they work. The Losi 22 wheels may be an option as well as they also have 12mm hex's.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mof
I used JC Rulux B44 and Tamiya 4wd wheels on mine. Had a smaller hex at front and Tamiya driveshafts/axles, Tamiya alloy hub and modified CRT5/SCRT10 front arms with pin at rear. The front wheel axles were shortened a little bit to make the car legal width.

Chassis is custom with motor mount flipped around and moved, saddle pack layout.

Are you still running this? What's the wheelbase with the custom chassis?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Ofna long 9.4"
Scrt 12.75"
RCM not real sure but I think its between 10.5 and 11", good luck finding one.

On the subject of wheels. The Kyosho flush front wheel is -10 negative offset, like most other 4wd cars, the original Kyosho front wheel is +10, like the Kyosho rears that fit the zx5 and rb5. I'm going to try the HB D4 front and rear and see how they work. The Losi 22 wheels may be an option as well as they also have 12mm hex's.
Thanks!

The Kyosho flush front make the truck legal if used front and rear, but that looks silly. If you find a rear width wheel that has the same negative offset as the flush Kyosho front, lmk
Old 09-29-2011, 11:07 AM
mof
Tech Adept

Are you still running this? What's the wheelbase with the custom chassis?
"No" on the first question. With modified rear arms on the rear the wheelbase was very close to Tamiya TRF501. I did not measure if there was a change when changing to the modified front arms on the rear, but I would imagine it is pretty similar. Using front arms in the rear allows the use of shorter and better shocks than the Hong Nor shocks because of different mount points on the rear arms.

JQ had an earlier prototype of this conversion chassis with Tamiya arms (rear arms flipped left to right) and Yokomo big bore shocks:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1023387...06136937641858

Video of Finnish national round #3 of 2010 with JQ running the car (8th scale track): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EVZFf9ro_8&hd=1#t=3m20s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.