Wiki Posts
Search

Hong nor new 1/10 buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by dknottyhead
Good so it'll fit the class but now there's a matter of keeping the hard wing from the crt.5 and finding a body that will fit and mount properly. My E conversion is the rc bros version so the battery stands up. That may be a problem. A 3-diff 10th scale 4wd buggy will be crazy tunable! I'll have to check with dirtburners or nankin to do a test fit of their different 4wheel buggy bodies. I'm thinking it'll be dremel it up and go.

FYI the rear is too wide to be ROAR legal by 1/2" (needs to be 250mm) the B44 bodies fit perfect with a small amount of cutting in the front.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
FYI the rear is too wide to be ROAR legal by 1/2" (needs to be 250mm) the B44 bodies fit perfect with a small amount of cutting in the front.
The CRT.5 is specified as 279mm wide which is an inch too wide but that is with truggy wheels. I measured my JAmmin SCRT10 and the axle studs are 250mm tip-to-tip so a zero offset 4wd buggy wheel would be ROAR legal. I will re-check this but I am pretty certain.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you Mantisworx. I'll get a body and run a test fit friday. I'm now left with figuring out a way to lay the battery down so it fits the low pro body style. But then I'm worried about the battery width interfering. Hmmm I wonder if it'd be safe enough to get some industrial hook and loop tape in lieu of a battery box with straps...
Old 03-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
The CRT.5 is specified as 279mm wide which is an inch too wide but that is with truggy wheels. I measured my JAmmin SCRT10 and the axle studs are 250mm tip-to-tip so a zero offset 4wd buggy wheel would be ROAR legal. I will re-check this but I am pretty certain.

i have a customers car sitting and front of me and with buggy wheels it is too wide by 1/2" no doubt about it. but that is with LOSI,AE and CAster wheels. i am having some negative offset wheels machined right now but i dont think you can buy any on the market at least none that i know of. if you know of some that you can buy point that link in my direction, the customs ones are not cheap!!

Old 03-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Thank you Mantisworx. I'll get a body and run a test fit friday. I'm now left with figuring out a way to lay the battery down so it fits the low pro body style. But then I'm worried about the battery width interfering. Hmmm I wonder if it'd be safe enough to get some industrial hook and loop tape in lieu of a battery box with straps...

Much better weight distribution with saddlepacks, only had to twist two collars about 1 turn to balance the car with no additional weight. i just want to say that the conversion ROCKS in buggy form! within 10 laps "off of the trailer" i was able to beat my personal best time and the track record, and we have some factory sponsered drivers locally and get two to three heats of 4w mod. i originally took on this project because that is what i do but i am definately about to make another for me and use as my interim car til my new one comes in.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Much better weight distribution with saddlepacks, only had to twist two collars about 1 turn to balance the car with no additional weight. i just want to say that the conversion ROCKS in buggy form! within 10 laps "off of the trailer" i was able to beat my personal best time and the track record, and we have some factory sponsered drivers locally and get two to three heats of 4w mod. i originally took on this project because that is what i do but i am definately about to make another for me and use as my interim car til my new one comes in.

Wow! That thing looks great. I dont have saddle packs but probably 10-2s lipos of varying MAH and C rating. I love the customer saddlepack look of this conversion though. Do you think the right side would fit a battery tray? The balance may be off but I could also mount the esc to the servo side to offset the motor. I'm probably going with a Sidewinder SCT or my Medusa 3300. Also what did you use to change the body mount?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Talking

Wow! That thing looks great. I dont have saddle packs but probably 10-2s lipos of varying MAH and C rating. I love the customer saddlepack look of this conversion though. Do you think the right side would fit a battery tray? The balance may be off but I could also mount the esc to the servo side to offset the motor. I'm probably going with a Sidewinder SCT or my Medusa 3300. Also what did you use to change the body mount?
Looks good but is this still the .5 CRT arms or shorter arms?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

love it glad i waited to buy a 4wd
Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 PM
mof
Tech Adept

* deleted *

Last edited by mof; 04-19-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Lord

The kit is coming this June
Old 03-16-2011, 10:18 PM
mof
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
The kit is coming this June
So, any more details on the kit? Does it feature center differential or slipper? Seems a lot like slipper judging from the fact that the motor mount looks "a bit" like the one on Yokomo B-MAX4 Factory Kit...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mof
So, any more details on the kit? Does it feature center differential or slipper? Seems a lot like slipper judging from the fact that the motor mount looks "a bit" like the one on Yokomo B-MAX4 Factory Kit...
err i am not too sure, i know my hobbyshop is bringing in for me as soon they launch. We dont even know the name lol.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Champion

not sure if a battery tray will fit or not, its a tight fit, you can get saddle packs for 30bux from gen ace, and you really only need one pack maybe two, the performance advantage is just better. i velcro'd the rear and used a std body post to hold the front down. im using a center dif and there is no way im going back to a slipper, the tuneablilty is great, it will handle as much power as you can throw at it, in fact it feels better with a 4.5 than an 8.5 even though its ballistic!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Other than the wings, shock towers, buggy shell, 1/10 wheels not sure whether there are other things missing for the conversion if i were to get these instead?

Ofna OFN40925 Conversion Kit to Long CRT .5
Old 04-19-2011, 05:03 AM
mof
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ???man
Other than the wings, shock towers, buggy shell, 1/10 wheels not sure whether there are other things missing for the conversion if i were to get these instead?

Ofna OFN40925 Conversion Kit to Long CRT .5
Rear arms / drive shafts are most likely too long as standard to fit 1/10 buggy rules. So you would need to get shorter ones. Also at least on some the front driveshafts (or actually the wheel axles) are shortened a bit.

And for the long chassis conversion you'll probably need different length center shafts as well.

Not sure, but those are my thoughts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.