R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Hong nor new 1/10 buggy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/480430-hong-nor-new-1-10-buggy.html)

SuperEk4 02-09-2011 04:51 AM

Hong nor new 1/10 buggy?

Looks like a CRT.5 or I maybe wrong.

http://www.buggy-sport.info/index.ph...ric-buggy.html

symmetricon 02-09-2011 05:06 AM

Looke pretty similar, but the motor is fliped around to the other side and the servo is moverto the opposite side too, giving enough room for saddle packs.
It looks pretty nice, but nothing that make me say ooooh.

badassrevo 02-09-2011 05:10 AM

Looks awesome... mini 1/8th scale :sweat:

SuperEk4 02-09-2011 05:15 AM

Looks like it's gears than ball diff, more durable! Arms, suspension n chassis looks like .5 CRT.

I wonder it can use stick pack Lipo. I hv too many stick Lipo:(

ShortCourseOnly 02-09-2011 05:43 AM

This makes me think about converting my SCRT10 to a 10th scale 4wd
buggy. All I would need is a new chassis plate, new dogbones, tires and wheels, saddle packs, wing and mounts, and a body. I think the stick pack would be difficult to package. A few people in my area have re-designed the SCRT10 for saddle packs. It makes the layout for a 10th scale buggy work.

SuperEk4 02-09-2011 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly (Post 8625214)
This makes me think about converting my SCRT10 to a 10th scale 4wd
buggy. All I would need is a new chassis plate, new dogbones, tires and wheels, saddle packs, wing and mounts, and a body. I think the stick pack would be difficult to package. A few people in my area have re-designed the SCRT10 for saddle packs. It makes the layout for a 10th scale buggy work.

That will cost almost the price of the buggy.

ShortCourseOnly 02-09-2011 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by SuperEk4 (Post 8625307)
That will cost almost the price of the buggy.

I checked a little and RC Monster offers a chassis kit for the CRT.5 that would make it fit the 10th scale buggy class. Without the motor mount it is only $85. So I would only need tires, wheels, body and rear wing mounts after that. I think I could get there for less than $150.

The only questions now is it worth the trip when you want to race it against B44, XXX4 and Other 4wd buggies. At our track the 4wd buggies are very fast with laps nearly as good as 8th scale buggies. I know the Jammin SCRT10 well and it runs good but it may not be as good as a B44.1. I may just do the conversion to see.

ShortCourseOnly 02-09-2011 09:57 AM

The RC monster chassis uses a stick pack so this is a key factor. I would not need any batteries. I would need a new motor...Maybe a 6.5 Ballistic.

simplechamp 02-09-2011 10:02 AM

That's all well and good, now let's see a HongNor/Jammin X3 buggy!

Vegatron75 02-09-2011 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There still selling the CRT.5 pro kit on ebay for $90. Everything you need. Here's mine.

I've been racing mine a little, I'm going to the races tonite. I'm going to ask to be put w/ the 13.5 4x4 buggys. We'll see how it/I does.

ShortCourseOnly 02-09-2011 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Vegatron75 (Post 8626465)
There still selling the CRT.5 pro kit on ebay for $90. Everything you need. Here's mine.

I've been racing mine a little, I'm going to the races tonite. I'm going to ask to be put w/ the 13.5 4x4 buggys. We'll see how it/I does.

Yes please post your experience. Will you change tires to match the buggy class?

I am going to measure the width with B44 tires and wheels this weekend.

Vegatron75 02-09-2011 10:54 AM

Will do. I'll run the stock bow-ties, rear buggy tires, all the way around. I do have another set of wheels, bought 2 kits, so I'll try something alittle more suited for the track I run later on.

My main focus is the SCRT10, the Crt.5 made sense because of the price, parts interchange, and it doesn't cost any more to run more than 1 class on wed. night. And the practice nights get split between 1/10 and SC/novice. Needless to say you ain't getting any good practice w/ the stock slashes on the track.

IMO everyone that races a SCRT10 should grab on of these kits, either build it and run it or just use the parts. $90 for a $300+ kit? Not a hard decision.

The Crt.5 actually even drives similiarly to the truck too, it does take a minute or two to re-adjust driving styles
between rigs.

I've taken it w/ my SCRT10 to the track a couple of times. I've been put in the novice class both times though. I've won that class both times but that ain't saying anything. I can't get enough laps in that class, too many kids crashing all over.

Theres' a couple threads about the crt.5, check em' out.

SuperEk4 02-09-2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly (Post 8626432)
I checked a little and RC Monster offers a chassis kit for the CRT.5 that would make it fit the 10th scale buggy class. Without the motor mount it is only $85. So I would only need tires, wheels, body and rear wing mounts after that. I think I could get there for less than $150.

The only questions now is it worth the trip when you want to race it against B44, XXX4 and Other 4wd buggies. At our track the 4wd buggies are very fast with laps nearly as good as 8th scale buggies. I know the Jammin SCRT10 well and it runs good but it may not be as good as a B44.1. I may just do the conversion to see.

You meant this one?

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...od=rcmcrt.5kit

rangerjkb 02-09-2011 11:14 AM

Wow, that's prety cool looking...a little baby 8th scale in a 10th scale package! would love to see one in action!

ShortCourseOnly 02-09-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by SuperEk4 (Post 8626769)

Yup! If I take the plung it will be with the RC Monster chassis without motor mount. The SCRT10 stock mount will work. I have checked a little more and it looks like the B44 body will fit with trimming. Body mounts should to be similar too. The wheel base with the RC Monster chassis should be 265mm (225mm + 40mm) while the B44 is 276mm. The front of the Jconcepts Punisher body would have to be shortened.

Once the SC10 4x4 comes I will start getting this built.