Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
DEX210 Kit - Electronics Suggestions, Please? >

DEX210 Kit - Electronics Suggestions, Please?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEX210 Kit - Electronics Suggestions, Please?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default DEX210 Kit - Electronics Suggestions, Please?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the game and am hoping for some advice. I won a DEX210 Kit online and need to set myself up with electronics and 1/10 wheels.

I already have a Spektrum DX2S and extra receiver, so I am covered there. I also have the stock servo out of my Wraith, which I can use, but I am sure there must be something better for the style of driving of the DEX210.

I plan on racing indoor this winter, and for the two classes I want to enter I'll need roar approved 13.5t and 17.5t, so I would like for one of those to cross-over to my DEX210. I suspect the 13.5t will be the way to go.

Also need a recommendation on pinion, I suspect a pinion pack will be the way to go as well.

Anyhow ... looking forward to the advice.

Thanks everyone!

Luke
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lpittman
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the game and am hoping for some advice. I won a DEX210 Kit online and need to set myself up with electronics and 1/10 wheels.

I already have a Spektrum DX2S and extra receiver, so I am covered there. I also have the stock servo out of my Wraith, which I can use, but I am sure there must be something better for the style of driving of the DEX210.

I plan on racing indoor this winter, and for the two classes I want to enter I'll need roar approved 13.5t and 17.5t, so I would like for one of those to cross-over to my DEX210. I suspect the 13.5t will be the way to go.

Also need a recommendation on pinion, I suspect a pinion pack will be the way to go as well.

Anyhow ... looking forward to the advice.

Thanks everyone!

Luke
You should check out the TrakPower combo's. The 17.5 has won stock classes in several larger events this year, including stock SC at CRCRC! And an added bonus, they are currently on sale through Tower Hobbies, just search for TrakPower MS-1!

As far as gearing, you could start with 34/69 (does require an optional spur gear) or 31/75 (also requires optional spur gear) for 17.5. You might want to ask the gearing question in the DEX210 thread to get 13.5 gearing.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
You should check out the TrakPower combo's. The 17.5 has won stock classes in several larger events this year, including stock SC at CRCRC! And an added bonus, they are currently on sale through Tower Hobbies, just search for TrakPower MS-1!

As far as gearing, you could start with 34/69 (does require an optional spur gear) or 31/75 (also requires optional spur gear) for 17.5. You might want to ask the gearing question in the DEX210 thread to get 13.5 gearing.
+1 on ESC.

Brian
Old 09-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Cool, thanks, will look into it. Keep the suggestions and info coming though.