Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
he told me the same thing, i didnt know about the sticker position either. are you putting chris pins along with the blocks/shims or just the pins?
Just the pins.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Just the pins.
oh allright. well my chris kit should be here tomorrow. new pins, blocks and sun gear shims will go in so hopefully that stops my truck from eating the sun gear shims
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

mine only says 45-899A not AA like yours.
I just verified that mine does say AA. Probably because it's from the 3rd shipment. Is yours from the 2nd shipment a few weeks ago?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

cool. im still running the stock pins since i got it 6 weeks or so ago and they are fine with approximately 40+- packs through it
What are you running in the diffs?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Mine is a "A" from the 2nd shipment. I haven't run it enough to wear anything out yet. I wonder if they did anything to the 3rd shipment.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just bought my truck last Friday, my LHS said it sat on the shelf for maybe 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Asharus
I just verified that mine does say AA. Probably because it's from the 3rd shipment. Is yours from the 2nd shipment a few weeks ago?
yup second shipment from 6 weeks ago

Originally Posted by Buzz3
oil wise? 5-5-3. may go to 5-7-3
Old 06-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyler hays
amen 8ight-e.

timannnn6. who cares how many pages it grows a day. not very helpfull info IMO over the last couple months.

i have been off the forums in the last couple months while my wife had our first child and i harvested our wheat crop and replanted soybeans in the wheat stubble and also helped neighbors recover from a EF5 tornado.

seems to me the thread has gone down hill. the last time i did get to run my scte. i managed to thrash the rear bumper. bend the chassis up directly in front of the rear diff. bent the rear drive shaft. also its time to replace my drive cups as they are about wore half into.

look forward to repairing my scte and resume racing
Wow, sounds like you've been busy, congrats on the newest family member and with your agriculture work, it sounds like you really haven't had a lot of time for SCTE related stuff. So in the months you've been away, you've missed quite a lot of stuff with this truck. Since it's a new truck, things do go at a pretty quick pace such as aftermarket offerings, or updates on factory run changes etc. which is why this thread grows so quickly as timannnn6 was pointing out, especially with the popularity and numbers this truck has sold. So him just being lighthearted and observant about it I'd say is a hell of a lot more useful than a lot of the banter that goes on. The fact that you pointed out that it has very little, if any, "helpfull" (by the way, helpful only has 1 "L" in it) just adds to the garbage often cluttering up these threads. He was just simply offering some kinda neat info that just might give us a slight chuckle or bead of pride about how popular our thread is. In all honesty, the stat that he stated about this thread shows that it has been a very helpful thread to many people. Now, instead of berating others for no good reason, how about you go ahead and get caught up in the latest info that is important to you since you own an SCTE and this is an SCTE thread. Here's one that directly relates and could be useful to you...BCE now offers a 7075 milled chassis that is significantly lighter AND stronger than the stock chassis. Since you bent your chassis, you could probably benefit from this

If you have any questions about what I or others think you should do to mod your truck and to keep some of this stuff from happening again that you experienced, I and others on this site can help you with that since you've been MIA for a few months. Also, keep an eye out for center cvd's in the not too distant future that will use set screws instead of the pins that many have had issues with popping out.

You had kind of a harsh tone to your post and it doesn't help anyone, so let's just chalk it up to sleepless nights from your new little one and long hours doing an often thankless but VERY important job. So, thank you for helping keep food on our plates as your source of livelihood, get some sleep and let's keep it friendly and informative Take care, man.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the revised rear bumper has a new part number or where to buy one? I need one, mine broke at the same spot as others mid mount screws.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Does anyone know if the revised rear bumper has a new part number or where to buy one? I need one, mine broke at the same spot as others mid mount screws.
It's a running change, so it has the same part number. I wish they added an X or something to the end of parts that have been updated like Traxxas does. That way you're always sure whether or not you're getting the updated part. You'll just have to look very carefully, which kinda sucks because if you're ordering online, it'll be nearly impossible to tell. In a few months it'll be a mute point as almost all stock will be the updated version, but right now, I'd double check since most is probably NOT the updated bumper. Ryan gave me a new bumper to test out and I have to say, it's been flawless! to give you an idea how much just that little extra material helped out, I broke my first bumper on my first weekend with the truck, this one is going on 4 or 5 weeks now.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Seriously, buy the Tbone bumper for the Ten T. It will likely never break and it is much smaller and lighter. Don't get the Tbone bumper for the SCTE, it is big, ugly and heavy. Regardless of how they strengthen the stock Losi one, it will always be vulnerable to breaking just like every SC truck out there because they are held together by screws and where the screws go through will always be a weak spot unless they make it just crazy heavy.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
Seriously, buy the Tbone bumper for the Ten T. It will likely never break and it is much smaller and lighter. Don't get the Tbone bumper for the SCTE, it is big, ugly and heavy. Regardless of how they strengthen the stock Losi one, it will always be vulnerable to breaking just like every SC truck out there because they are held together by screws and where the screws go through will always be a weak spot unless they make it just crazy heavy.
The Tbone Ten-T bumpers also incorporate nice slick and chunky skid plates on the bottom. Just a far superior design, imho. Lighter, cheaper, stronger, nothing not to love.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
5/5/3 or 5/3/3 depending on track.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowroad
The Tbone Ten-T bumpers also incorporate nice slick and chunky skid plates on the bottom. Just a far superior design, imho. Lighter, cheaper, stronger, nothing not to love.
Are they really lighter than stock? Front and rear?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
After listening very closely, I figured out that there was a 75% chance that the squeaking was coming from the center diff's front bearing, so I tore it down and cleaned up the center diff's bearings and reinstalled. Problem solved!

I figured the bearing would've been bad, but when I had it apart it was spinning just fine. Unbelievable how just having a little bit of dirty grease in there could make so much noise!
I started to recomend that but I thought the noise was only happening when you turned. Good to know you found the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.