Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Buy a 4x4 Slash for that....cheaper and parts can be bought at almost every hobby shop.
I agree on the parts however the smile this truck has given me when I'm bashing compared to the slash 4x4 is no comparison. Sure I wouldn't do half of the stupid stuff I did with my slash but watching the way it soaks up the bumps and handles is amazing. Not only that but I now know I have one of the baddest trucks on the track. If I decide to race then thats what I'll do when I decide. If you are going to get a slash 4x4 and in a few months decide that you want a better racer or an all around better truck u will hate yourself later for it. So if you want a kick arse truck go for it if you can get your hands on one. my 2.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LRPO
I agree on the parts however the smile this truck has given me when I'm bashing compared to the slash 4x4 is no comparison. Sure I wouldn't do half of the stupid stuff I did with my slash but watching the way it soaks up the bumps and handles is amazing. Not only that but I now know I have one of the baddest trucks on the track. If I decide to race then thats what I'll do when I decide. If you are going to get a slash 4x4 and in a few months decide that you want a better racer or an all around better truck u will hate yourself later for it. So if you want a kick arse truck go for it if you can get your hands on one. my 2.
When it comes to shortcourse, racing is alot like bashing lol. The truck is great fun on a big outdoor track and even a tight indoor. Jumps so nice and handles the rough stuff like the real thing.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
I will be attending the j concepts race on july 1st through the 3rd at outback raceway. If you are close by come check it out. I wouldnt mind meeting some of the fellow losi guys. I will be on viper power, im so used to the crazy castle this should be good.
If you and Salad fly me out there, I'd be happy to come race with you guys

It's a bit of a drive from here though
Old 06-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LRPO
I'm simply saying this truck is not for everyone. $400 you have a RTR 4wd that in the hands of a good driver is just as competitive as our trucks are.
Bashing to me means water, weeds, sand, beach, drainage ditches...etc. There is no way in hell I'm taking my $1000 Losi to do that....$400 Slash, yes.

For a new person to hobby...I was one recently. The Slash is hands down the best option. Things will get broke...even your smallest shops have Traxxas stuff readily available. Race the slash 4wd...if you like it. Buy a Losi and bash the slash. That's what I ended up doing.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys just curious if anybody runs the Tekin RS Pro or everybody runs the RX8? Anybody out there run the Tekin Redline 4.5t motor? Just curious if anybody does and can keep their temps down?
RS Pro - Wrong
Tekin Redline 4.5T - Wrong

RX8 - Right
SC4x 4.5T - Right
SC4x 5.5T - Even Better.

The SC4x 4.5T has been plagued with heat issues (unless you do some ESC tweaking via hotwire) so I just can't see the RS PRo and a Redline 4.5T having any better luck. I'd go with what the experts say and also what's on the first page of this thread. Just my .02.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
So, I have settled on the Castle 1410 (3800) for reliability and ease of running it. That seems to be what most everybody is running at the local track without problems. What is the difference and would you guys run the Mamba Max Pro ot the Mambe Max Pro SCT version with the 1410 motor? I just want to keeps down and have a really reliable combo to run all day at the track.
I'm loving my 1410, I run it with a Mamba Monster esc. I definitely suggest running an 1/8th scale esc with this truck, whether it be Castle or Tekin. I chose the Castle because I had a spare. If I were buying one on a budget, I'd get the Castle because they're cheaper and can usually be found used for a pretty decent price. But if Budget isn't an issue, I'd go with a Tekin RX8 because once the 4-pole sensored Tekin motor comes out, you'll be able to run it with the RX8. Just gives you more options later down the road. That being said, I haven't had any problems with my Castle. In my opinion, Castle makes a great 1/8th scale esc, just limits you to unsensored like the 1410 (which happens to be an AWESOME little motor!).

I'm simply saying this truck is not for everyone. $400 you have a RTR 4wd that in the hands of a good driver is just as competitive as our trucks are.
Bashing to me means water, weeds, sand, beach, drainage ditches...etc. There is no way in hell I'm taking my $1000 Losi to do that....$400 Slash, yes.

For a new person to hobby...I was one recently. The Slash is hands down the best option. Things will get broke...even your smallest shops have Traxxas stuff readily available. Race the slash 4wd...if you like it. Buy a Losi and bash the slash. That's what I ended up doing.
Totally agree with you. I'm not taking my Losi off of 80'+ Jumps, I'm not gonna take it to the beach or Dunes and get sand in all the nooks and crannies, I'm not gonna drive it through puddles after the rain. I'd never treat my track queen like that. My Slash 4x4 on the other hand, it's seen 80'+ of airtime, thrown rooster tails 5 feet high while going through puddles and had wet sand plastered to the underside of my body at the beach. I agree for a basher, the slash 4x4 is the way to go. For a track, it's a great truck to introduce you to racing. However, once you get serious enough about racing that you start going 1 or 2 times a week, you eventually see the advantages of the SCTE. Me, I haven't done any bashing in about a year, I've become a total track junky and now the SCTE would be the only 4wd SC worth driving for my needs.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Has anyone seen these yet ??

The pins are 6-4 Titanium alloy, the collars with the set screw are aluminum. Together they weigh 10grams less than stock pins and nuts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have a set coming, curious to see how these hold up ?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure Chris Attebury is making those. Should be decent pieces. I'm elbow deep in Durango SCT right now... trying not to spend too much money until I decide which one to keep.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Thats what I thought at first but this guys name is JOSH ?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SaladFork
For the late night forum browsers... Some SCTe in this video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
always the best slow mo and soundtracks. Sick vid man.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

I hear ya. My bashing is basicly running the truck at construction sites or any other dirt surface I can find because there are only a handful of tracks near me. Not only that but going to the track 45 mins away with a 2 year old and a 1 year old at home with the wife just isnt happening. Water, weeds, and the beach are never and will never be bashing options for me. If you bash like that then get a slasher. for me bashing=no track to drive at.

oh and this truck doesn't really break. Maybe the pins or the chassis on a very bad landing; but I have landed on my lid several times from 5 to 8 feet in the air and my CF towers look new still.

Last edited by LRPO; 06-10-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add
Old 06-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
When it comes to shortcourse, racing is alot like bashing lol. The truck is great fun on a big outdoor track and even a tight indoor. Jumps so nice and handles the rough stuff like the real thing.
I agree. I have a new spot that may as well be an outdoor track. Great jumps and multiple conditions from loamy, to loose, and hardpacked.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

What, you wouldnt go do this? lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq3AZXVsomo
Old 06-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Those are the same pins I was selling. I bought a bunch through him. Not sure if I'll do that again though.

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
Has anyone seen these yet ??

The pins are 6-4 Titanium alloy, the collars with the set screw are aluminum. Together they weigh 10grams less than stock pins and nuts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have a set coming, curious to see how these hold up ?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Mamba Max Pro and Mamba Max Pro SCT are the same ESC just a different sticker . Personally I wouldn't run the MMP , I would save for an RX8 and be done with it .
I agree with this completely. I've ran the Novak SC and MMP before I invested in my RX8. The Tekin handles every motor I throw at it with zero heat issues, very limited cogging on the non-sensored motors and it is way more reliable than any ESC I've ever owned. I'll never own a Novak ESC again. Not bashing Novak or anything, just personally have had 3 fail. I love my MMP with the CM36 motors and it ran the Novak 2 pole 550 motors ok, but it didn't like the 4pole 550 motor I'm running. Or maybe I just couldn't get the set-up right with that paticular motor. jmo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.