Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Well, just ran the SCTE with the castle 1415 / MMP combo on a 2S. With a 20T pinion, it may be good on a small track but needs more top end for Meium/bigger tracks. I have the timing set to normal (8*) now so gonna try turning that up and see if I can fit a 22T pinion. Hopefully those 2 will get me more top, cause otherwise, this motor is really good. It has a lot of grunt, able to clear jumps with little run up, and jumps that I could not clear with a 4.5 or 5.5. Temps were nothing on the motor, but the ESC fan did come on, probably as I was running full pin nearly all the way around the track.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
That was a pretty cool vid, it almost makes me miss bashing my old Slash 4x4. I've gotten so addicted to racing my cars/trucks on the track, that sometimes you forget how much fun just bashing around can be. Afterall, that's pretty much what got most of us into the hobby in the first place
Sorry off topic but a bell just went off. ScottKelly, eighte Now I know where I remember those names from. Slash 4x4 forum on Traxxas. My username was round on there.
Scott you are right, most of us started out as bashers!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsmax
Well, just ran the SCTE with the castle 1415 / MMP combo on a 2S. With a 20T pinion, it may be good on a small track but needs more top end for Meium/bigger tracks. I have the timing set to normal (8*) now so gonna try turning that up and see if I can fit a 22T pinion. Hopefully those 2 will get me more top, cause otherwise, this motor is really good. It has a lot of grunt, able to clear jumps with little run up, and jumps that I could not clear with a 4.5 or 5.5. Temps were nothing on the motor, but the ESC fan did come on, probably as I was running full pin nearly all the way around the track.
don't really need more timing I ran one of those for a while, timing just makes more heat, but going up on the pinion is a good idea just keep an eye on temps.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart
How much of a difference will the new HD lightened drives make over stock. I ordered them and I am going to try them out just curious what I can expect
Not sure you will totally notice the incrase in acceleration but loosing weight out of the drive train will increase acceleration. I think the best part of these outdrives is the reduced wear. They should last forever! (or close to that at least!)
Old 05-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
Not my vid, but thought I would post it. One of the best SCTE vids I've seen.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I soooo don't get the appeal of bashing and cannot imagine spending this kind of money without the competitive nature of racing spurring me on to buy the latest and greatest.

Guess that's why I'm a racer and really never drive my cars except short runs to test and tune. Other than that it's always on the racetrack.

One thing I did notice about that vid. To the few guys still complaining that the truck nosedives, I saw none of it in that vid with them jumping quite a variety of jump surfaces.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsmax
I guess I'm slow except on straights.... because the 20t on our outdoor track was plenty fast. I actually pulled away from people on straights. I had timing set to normal with no punch
Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
OK...dumb question. These are measured with truck on droop blocks, and wheels/tires off......correct?

Here's the issue I have. I measure the shocks center to center and get them same...then I go back and measure the blue area of shock from adjusting collar to cap and it is a very different measurement. If the shocks are the same length shouldn't this area be the same?

I messed with droop screws but measurement doesn't change when screwing in or out. Bear with me here, want to understand and get this right.
Measure droop as discussed, do this with the car on blocks. You can keep the wheels tires on if they don't get in the way of your measurments, you just want the car off the ground to measure the full extension as the others described.

Measure ride hight with full weight, body batteries etc.. basically RTR. This is the distance between the table and your chassis (I say table because you need a flat surface to be accurate). (28mm rear, 27mm front is what I use but obviously what ever you like)

and yes.. the droop measurement is the same with or with out the droop pads installed. The amount the grub will stick out of the a-arm will obviously change, but the actual droop measurement is the same. If you have the droop pads installed do not adjust droop with these.. drop some thread locker on them and seat them firmly into the chassis, only the droop grub in the a-arm should be used to adjust the droop setting.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I love when UPS and USPS come to my door on the same day!! Got my 2 Losi Xceleron Lipos 2s 40c 5000mah, and my new Iwata HP-CS airbrush for doing some kick butt paint jobs for the SCTE!! Where to start...maybe charge the Lipos's and do some painting in the mean time. Anyone know where to get some extra motor wires? I kinda wanna put some bullets on my Tekin motor so I can change back and forth between the Tekin T8 2650, and the Castle 1410, I tried both the local Hobby shops and all they had was some 16 gauge traxxas stuff too small for me.Also checked a few hardware stores with no luck.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
I love when UPS and USPS come to my door on the same day!! Got my 2 Losi Xceleron Lipos 2s 40c 5000mah, and my new Iwata HP-CS airbrush for doing some kick butt paint jobs for the SCTE!! Where to start...maybe charge the Lipos's and do some painting in the mean time. Anyone know where to get some extra motor wires? I kinda wanna put some bullets on my Tekin motor so I can change back and forth between the Tekin T8 2650, and the Castle 1410, I tried both the local Hobby shops and all they had was some 16 gauge traxxas stuff too small for me.Also checked a few hardware stores with no luck.
Funny I just got my two lipo's today as well.. got a deal on some IP 6200mAH 2s 60c race packs.. they come in at only 300grams as well. Nice weight for the size and C rating. For weight though I've found no lighter 'roar' race pack than the MA 5250 2s packs at 255grams not as punchy near the end of the pack as my other packs but it does the job with out any issues (as I noted before I'd rate these 40 maybe 45c vs other packs).
Old 05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

NIB SCTE located in Central FL, I have the Losi Hardened Diff pins. 300$ looking for local pick-up before i have to ship. 863-582-1077 Alex
Old 05-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Not sure you will totally notice the incrase in acceleration but loosing weight out of the drive train will increase acceleration. I think the best part of these outdrives is the reduced wear. They should last forever! (or close to that at least!)
They are also a bit tighter in the diff case so the fit is really good.

The 40c packs will work good in your truck, but they do get a little taxed given the amps we draw with these trucks. Should be good for your 1410, but might want to exchange for the 60c packs for that 8th scale motor.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Anyone know where to get some extra motor wires?
Wire is availible direct from Castle Creations via telephone order, I bought several yards of 10G last year.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I soooo don't get the appeal of bashing and cannot imagine spending this kind of money without the competitive nature of racing spurring me on to buy the latest and greatest.

Guess that's why I'm a racer and really never drive my cars except short runs to test and tune. Other than that it's always on the racetrack.

One thing I did notice about that vid. To the few guys still complaining that the truck nosedives, I saw none of it in that vid with them jumping quite a variety of jump surfaces.
I bash all my race stuff. I have two boys and getting R/C time with the kids requires I bash. I had both kids home recovering from a cold yesterday, we spent most of the day bashing R/C's and watching R/C videos. It was awesome, I would not give up there days for anything.

Most cringe when they see this but I call it durability testing lol. (I was trying to break the chassis)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And our track is riddled with douchebags, I would spend more time racing during the week but I can only deal with so many idiots at once.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Amain and Tower both sell motor wire I bought some 12g from Amain.

On a side note we are over 10,000 posts
Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Sorry off topic but a bell just went off. ScottKelly, eighte Now I know where I remember those names from. Slash 4x4 forum on Traxxas. My username was round on there.
Scott you are right, most of us started out as bashers!
Hahaha good memory and now that i think about it, i remember u from the traxxas forum too! Too funny. That was a good forum and served its purpose well, but RCTech blows it out of the water. This thread is a great example lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.