Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb
I have not run it yet, but I just got the Jammin one because it came with screws. It looks to be high quality just like the others. I am sure the black anodizing is going to be wasted in short order, but I don't really care. It is a race truck. It is not supposed to be pretty all over.
Get the BCE chassis!! You won't be sorry. I've heard some come with screws but all I did was switch the rear mounting hardware with the center. I think the rear should be longer anyway.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

do they make 17mm adapters for the scte 4x4?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

After reading some of the posts I have learned some great information. That said I bought the Attebery Performance Engineering titanium hinge pins which he doesn't sell any more. I bought the extended version that can be held with c-clips that way I would not have to put a cover over my carbon fiber hinge pin holder, but after reading some mixed reviews about the snr hinge pin holders I'm a little nervous about buying them and wondering if I should cut my hinge pins down and buy the losi or do you think since they are longer they would work better with the snr over the stock version. Kinda a weird question just hoping some has dealt with this issue.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
After reading some of the posts I have learned some great information. That said I bought the Attebery Performance Engineering titanium hinge pins which he doesn't sell any more. I bought the extended version that can be held with c-clips that way I would not have to put a cover over my carbon fiber hinge pin holder, but after reading some mixed reviews about the snr hinge pin holders I'm a little nervous about buying them and wondering if I should cut my hinge pins down and buy the losi or do you think since they are longer they would work better with the snr over the stock version. Kinda a weird question just hoping some has dealt with this issue.
My personal opinion is that is not a place for carbon fiber. I have personally seen Goehms broken holders and popped pins on a few different occasions and with various different "designs" of the SNR holders. It just isnt worth the few grams savings over the far superior Losi Aluminums.

An alternative for you might be the M2C set, they use larger 4mm pins and have the capability of lengthening the trucks wheelbase by an 1/8" i think. I have seen a few people locally with these installed recently and they look solid.

Either way, you should sell those titanium pins (and get the M2C set) or cut them down and use Losi holders.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default scte runtimes?

Hey guys what kind of runtimes do you get with the tekin rx8 and novak ballistic 4.5 running on 5000mah 40c?I feel im getting like 6 or 7 minutes on these packs,is this normal?I picked up a trinity 60c 6200mah pack not to long ago but couldnt run the pack because the front center driveshaft came apart before i could test the new pack,anyone know what the runtimes are on 6200mah driving conservatively on a medium sized track?Any responses are greatly appreciated as i love driving the truck just want longer runtimes if possible.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Hey guys what kind of runtimes do you get with the tekin rx8 and novak ballistic 4.5 running on 5000mah 40c?I feel im getting like 6 or 7 minutes on these packs,is this normal?I picked up a trinity 60c 6200mah pack not to long ago but couldnt run the pack because the front center driveshaft came apart before i could test the new pack,anyone know what the runtimes are on 6200mah driving conservatively on a medium sized track?Any responses are greatly appreciated as i love driving the truck just want longer runtimes if possible.
Get a Hotwire, hook up your RX8 and turn down the power to about 80%, that will lower temps and increase runtimes and you shouldnt notice any loss in performance.. I was running 10 minutes on a 5200 turnigy pack with a 5.5 Tekin 550 motor, you should be able to ket close to 10 with your setup on those 5000's. I would get one of the 4 pole motors though, the castle 3800 is cheap, the Tekin Pro4 is obviously better, but costly. A 4 pole will increase runtimes also.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Never really got an answer. Anyone running a lrp esc in this truck? I know everyone suggest the rx8 but wanted to see if the lrp would work.

Tryed looking through the thread but 1600 pages is alot of reading!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedDevil13
Get a Hotwire, hook up your RX8 and turn down the power to about 80%, that will lower temps and increase runtimes and you shouldnt notice any loss in performance.. I was running 10 minutes on a 5200 turnigy pack with a 5.5 Tekin 550 motor, you should be able to ket close to 10 with your setup on those 5000's. I would get one of the 4 pole motors though, the castle 3800 is cheap, the Tekin Pro4 is obviously better, but costly. A 4 pole will increase runtimes also.
Will i lose topend on the novak or just gear up after i turn the speedo down to 80%?And money isnt the issue,i have the 4 pole coming soon,I have never been a fan of castle products.I have the 4600 coming this week,what pinion should i use?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

the competition series ones will run 550 size motors just fine.

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Never really got an answer. Anyone running a lrp esc in this truck? I know everyone suggest the rx8 but wanted to see if the lrp would work.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cm.stites
the competition series ones will run 550 size motors just fine.
Ok thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
I was wondering if anyone in here is running a 550 sized sensored Lrp motor in the Losi, I see alot of people running the Tekin 550 and Novaks but never hear much about the Lrp motors

I personally ran a LRP 5.5 before the Pro 4's were out and ran a Moster heat sink and geared it up a few teeth, Awesome possum.

Originally Posted by Speedy S
Getting ready to install new rx8 and tekin motor. Does it matter if the wires run over top of the motor or come behind the motor?

I personally go Over top of the motor for the fact the Solder tabs are now Riveted in place.

Originally Posted by AgroAMG
My scte, rx8 and pro4 are on the truck, prob be here in a few days and I'll probably know more bout how it goes together once i read the manual and look at it all. it looks like you solder your wires to the esc, but i am hoping that i can use some bullet style plugs on the other end possibly? I wanna be able to swap motors. If it doesnt come with something like that, i wanna look in to it. i dont want to have to unsolder.

As others have stated, Bullets aren't a wise idea, How long does it really take to Unsolder/Re solder a motor.

Originally Posted by Stanford55
Tekin folks recommend soldering the motor this way:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post9752429

Apparently this decreases the strain on the motor tabs.
This was more so for the T8 line of motor's which Weren't riveted in placer and very well could pull on the motor tabs and cause issues.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone know where to get the front center driveshaft?Its on back order at amain.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith

I know some that use the TC versions of the LRP speedo's in the SCTE. I would keep a fan on it though.

Will i lose topend on the novak or just gear up after i turn the speedo down to 80%?And money isnt the issue,i have the 4 pole coming soon,I have never been a fan of castle products.I have the 4600 coming this week,what pinion should i use?
Turning down the current limiter does not reduce top end. It might soften the bottom end just a little but most likely all it will do is reduce motor temps and increase runtime slightly with not noticable effect to feel. Reduces the amp spike under hard acceleration.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

BCE includes the screw with their chassis now anyway.

Originally Posted by elex300
Get the BCE chassis!! You won't be sorry. I've heard some come with screws but all I did was switch the rear mounting hardware with the center. I think the rear should be longer anyway.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Anyone know where to get the front center driveshaft?Its on back order at amain.
I'm in the same boat . Been trying to find one for weeks , already rotated my shaft on the coupler and it's already worn like crazy . This Is my only complaint about this truck . That coupler and pin wear extremely fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.