Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

So has anyone had any issues with AE XP 1015 steering servo? Mine seems to FREEZE up sometimes when its fully cranked to the side while driving into bowl turn or sweeper. I have had to really dial down the end points to try to fix this issue and have sacrificed a lot of my steering. Seemed to help but every now and then I get a surprise...

Yes its 100% the servo nothing else. AE even gave me a new 1015 to try to help my issues no luck. I have the feeling this servo doesn't have the Toque that it needs to keep the wheels cranked to the side..
Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472
So has anyone had any issues with AE XP 1015 steering servo? Mine seems to FREEZE up sometimes when its fully cranked to the side while driving into bowl turn or sweeper. I have had to really dial down the end points to try to fix this issue and have sacrificed a lot of my steering. Seemed to help but every now and then I get a surprise...

Yes its 100% the servo nothing else. AE even gave me a new 1015 to try to help my issues no luck. I have the feeling this servo doesn't have the Toque that it needs to keep the wheels cranked to the side..
Check your servo saver. I have the same servo but from Acer (DS1015) it's been a great servo for me! Plenty strong and it's fast, so check your servo saver, because that might be your problem.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chadmeth1
Anyone running the 1410 with an MMM . What would be the benefit of running an MMP over the MMM !!?? Racing on a big 8th scale track and the 1415 on 2s isn't quite cutting it . Thinking the 1410 with a 14t pinion is a good starting point . Any input would be great !!
I'm running the 1410 with my MMM. The motor seems very happy with that ESC. For a large 1/8th scale track, go up on teeth on the pinion, try a minimum of 16, but possibly up to an 18. 14 will be too small, it's barely enough for the small indoor track that I currently run on.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Check your servo saver. I have the same servo but from Acer (DS1015) it's been a great servo for me! Plenty strong and it's fast, so check your servo saver, because that might be your problem.
Yep , I am running a 1015 and it works great .
Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It's not 100% the servo because from what I'm reading, AE gave you another and it still did the same thing. That would indicate that the servo is fine but something else is causing it. What ESC are you running? Many with those high volt digital servos have had trouble with ESC's like the Mamba Max Pro. Something else is wrong. That servo should have more than enough torque and speed for our Losi's.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

looks like strc has come out with some pretty nice parts....
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=los...ab52f749&vil=1
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Salad, do you have numbers on the weight difference between the two chassis' (stock scte and erc)? Are you using the factory body? Looks interesting.

Originally Posted by SaladFork
It's almost a direct drop in the only thing I recommend doing is getting the Traxxas tie rods from a eRevo to extend the chassis brace. No chance of bending the rear... It's 4-5mm longer than the stock SCTe chassis, the rear drive line from the SCTe is a tad to long, you need the rear drive shaft from a Ten T.

Tie rod installed...

Old 05-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

what esc are you running? sounds like a brown out and it's cutting out. Does it come back or does it just stay stuck/frozen? Put the car on a stand and crank the wheels back and forth fast and look to see if it glitches/cuts out. If it does you need a external bec or your esc can't handle the servo. I am having a similar issue with a savox 1268sg. I tested it in my scte with rx8 and absolutely no issues. I then put it in my mugen mbx6 e with rx8 and had major glitch stuttering issues. Both cars same receivers. Turns out the rx8 in my buggy has a bec issue (I was running an analog servo before installing the savox).
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitrobandit
Salad, do you have numbers on the weight difference between the two chassis' (stock scte and erc)? Are you using the factory body? Looks interesting.
not to step on salads foot here, but when i switched from stock to the erc, i belive it was about 40+ - grams difference. someone please correct me if im wrong, its been a while since i weighed it
Old 05-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

Man that grease they use is some nasty crud and fun to get out
Old 05-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
It's not 100% the servo because from what I'm reading, AE gave you another and it still did the same thing. That would indicate that the servo is fine but something else is causing it. What ESC are you running? Many with those high volt digital servos have had trouble with ESC's like the Mamba Max Pro. Something else is wrong. That servo should have more than enough torque and speed for our Losi's.
I use RX8's 65C+ lipos.. The guys at WCR said it was the servo. So AE just gave me a new xp 1015 no questions asked.

well I guess the steering doesn't actually FREEZE It just gives up. I will fly into a bowl turn with the steering cranked and the steering gives up and the wheels go straight for a second. This happens maybe 5 times in a whole race day. My Steering servo is cranked down pretty tight? maybe loosen it up?

I have found the more steering I have dialed into the truck the more it will randomly give up in turns. So that is why I have backed off the end points and it has seemed to help but not completely.

thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Re Ace Servo Woes.

Brass Vs Titanium

There's always a Winner and Loser, Guess who Wins 99.9% of the time....
Old 05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use RX8's 65C+ lipos.. The guys at WCR said it was the servo. So AE just gave me a new xp 1015 no questions asked.

well I guess the steering doesn't actually FREEZE It just gives up. I will fly into a bowl turn with the steering cranked and the steering gives up and the wheels go straight for a second. This happens maybe 5 times in a whole race day. My Steering servo is cranked down pretty tight? maybe loosen it up?

I have found the more steering I have dialed into the truck the more it will randomly give up in turns. So that is why I have backed off the end points and it has seemed to help but not completely.

thanks
Wow, talk abotu something that would give me zero confidence...i would sell the servo.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thanks
try setting your epa to a lower number. If your epa is set past the lock of the steering it will cause an amp spike. If you are using the sr300 receiver it may be a bottle neck for the amp draw, it was for me.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r
so i should purchase a tie rod from a eRevo? whats the benefits of that rear drive shaft?
That is the shaft extender that comes with the ERC chassis... At the time the production SCTe was not out, it was a myth so Brandon from ERC made due with the parts Ten T users had and just made an extension for the rear shaft to reach the rear diff cup. The ERC chassis is longer than the Ten T chassis so you needed the extension or a custom CVD drive shaft.

Originally Posted by nitrobandit
I don't... I didn't start taking weight measurements till after the SCTe came out and weight became a question. I use the stock SCTe body with the chassis, fits fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.