Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default pins

for what its worth, filled out the pin request form mon, got my pins today.... pretty good, and just in time for the weekend... thanks horizon
Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone in Canada get their pins yet from Horizon/Losi?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

I have not got them yet in Alberta. Might be stuck in Customs. My last Amain order sat for 10 days in Vancouver. I think you would get them faster out East.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
My 1410 showed up yesterday from A-Main and I raced with it last night at one of my LHS Thursday race nights. I must say that I am very surprised at how freakin awesome that motor is. I will have my Novak's for sale for sure.
What are you guys running you push control at for the 1410? I tried setting it on 2, then 5, then 10.. Things got progressively better but I didn't go past 10, I just wheeled it from there. However, it still has a slight tendency to fall forward at times in the air.
On another note, I held a prototype carbon fiber chassis in my hands yesterday. I just wanted to throw that out there. It was not quite finished so he didn't let me take pics of it.... yet..
I just set the push at 1, you don't want it to move forward when off throttle, just take the drag off the wheels when it's in the air.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Sorry, dude, but ThunderbirdJunkie's Matco and Mac and Cornwell allen drivers have all gotten torn up working on RC stuff.

Losi Race Wrenches or nothing.

< another former mechanic >

If you read the rest of the thread..you would see I do have Losi tools.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I just set the push at 1, you don't want it to move forward when off throttle, just take the drag off the wheels when it's in the air.
Thanks for that.. I thought that would be the case but the truck doesn't 'creep'.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong.. lol.. I'm old school.. I normally just kick the throttle trim up.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerx1920
8ight-E

im sure you have posted it before but what setup are you running with the 1410 motor?

ESC and settings?
Battery?
gearing?
and what tems are you getting?

i will be running on an outdoor clay hard packed track 150x100 and im thinking my balistic 4.5 wont like it.

thanks
keep in mind i'm lightened.. See prior posts for pics and details and full setup

MMp esc no punch, lowest settings on all, only real edit was setting brakes to my liking and setting 3.2v cutoff

on a big outdoor track i've been running 16/40, I'm sure 15 would be ideal but I only have a 14t and the 16 does just fine. Smaller track drop to a 12-14 depending on your liking.

I'm running a maxamps 5250 2s racepack and speedzone 5400 50c race packs.. the speedzones weigh about 40grams more but have more punch in a long main, but the ma does the job

temps typically 130's, I'm sure this will jump a little as ambient temps climb

don't forget to pull off the front sway and try 37 wt oil up front.. feels great, but real nice in the turns... at least for my style.

enjoy
Old 05-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

About the push control. Maybe I'm reading my tekin manual incorrectly, which is entirely possible since you need a magnifying glass to even read the stupid thing (Note to tekin: Perhaps you relinquish a few pennies of profit and print those stupid things on a couple more sheets of paper and increase the print size so those of us over 40 can read it)

Anyway, in my rs pro manual it says push control is on brushed motors only. In brushless, the same adjustment is for braking/reverse strength on brushless motors.

What am I missing?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
About the push control. Maybe I'm reading my tekin manual incorrectly, which is entirely possible since you need a magnifying glass to even read the stupid thing (Note to tekin: Perhaps you relinquish a few pennies of profit and print those stupid things on a couple more sheets of paper and increase the print size so those of us over 40 can read it)

Anyway, in my rs pro manual it says push control is on brushed motors only. In brushless, the same adjustment is for braking/reverse strength on brushless motors.

What am I missing?

So your not reading RX8 instructions??? Correct???
Old 05-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
Thanks for that.. I thought that would be the case but the truck doesn't 'creep'.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong.. lol.. I'm old school.. I normally just kick the throttle trim up.
You can do the trim trick also, Tekin says not to, use push. Not sure why you can't edit the push setting in brushless? Your hotwire when plugged into the RS Pro doesn't look like mine? I have the push control on there.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

this "push" control sounds interesting. Is it an option on the MMP? sounds like drag brake to me, maybe its just what Tekin calls drag brake?

Last edited by godofcable; 05-06-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
this "push" control sounds interesting. Is it an option on the MMP?
No
Old 05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
this "push" control sounds interesting. Is it an option on the MMP?
Nope, Tekin exclusive.

Originally Posted by chiro972

What am I missing?
Push works just fine for brushless or brushed. It is simply recommended for brushed to counteract the typical increased drag when free spinning a brushed motor over its brushless counterpart.

Push effectively increases how long your car will free wheel after applying the throttle by "tapering off" the power going to the motor whenever you retreat to neutral on your radio. How long/powerful the trailoff is is calculated by how long you were at the previous throttle position and how much throttle you were applying. Most motors don't have very much drag in them at all at this point, but if you find yourself feeling like you have drag brakes even though they are turned off on the esc, Push can definitely help smooth out your corner entry.

I would try settings in the 20 to 30 range to start and see how you like it.

Also, push can still be used in conjunction with drag brakes. Whatever setting you have for drag brakes will kick in after the "push" throttle taper off has reached zero.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

damn I just got my RX8 in the mail, and really starting to like it already. so can't wait to put it in the rig and see what it can do!!!!

hope I'm gonna love it over the mmp!!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Been reading this beast for many hours/days, trying to catchup to current. Finally made it to p. 500, but nothing concrete on a chassis cover/shroud. I did see someone flipped a Slash 4x4 shroud around backwards, but didn't want to piece something together.......lets do it right the first time.
The Outerwears shroud is what I'm wanting, but their current reply is that they can't get a chassis to use for a template.....therefore, none available. I see they're on Hwy 131 in Schoolcraft, Michigan. Do we have any racers in that area that could take their rig by their shop so Outerwears can get the dimensions? We race outdoors, and the rig gets loaded w/ crap pretty quick, thus the need for a cover/shroud. And, since heat is going to be an issue soon, the breathable shroud seems to be the way to go.

Also, two of us are running these w/ a good ole Novak GTB ESC w/ the Novak Ballistic 4.5 550 geared at 15/40. Spoke to Novak, who said it'd be just fine to run that combo. Temps are/will become a problem, & it may nuke this ESC. And, we considered a CC Momba Max to run their new 4-pole 1410 (??) motor. Spoke w/ CC who swears that the original MM will perform as well if not better than the MMP, etc. We're seasoned 1/10 offroad racers w/ spare equipment laying around. After the MANY posts of CC vs Tekin, what are some thoughts? Bettin we'll be replacing soon, due to excessive summer heat in the south.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.