Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
I just got the 14mm tuning rotor and I hope to be testing soon. For me, I would rather have more torque than top end. I am hoping the 14mm tuning rotor gives this motor more of a 4 pole feel (like a castle or Neu motor), and yet still be sensored. We'll see and I'll report back.

Casper menitioned gearing up significantly. According to Novak, if you were using a 16 tooth with a standard Ballistic 4.5, then you would gear with a 19 tooth with the 14mm tuning rotor installed. Seems like a huge jump to me, but testing will reveal if I get a happy medium of torque, top end, and motor temps.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8881032-post64.html
I started with the same gearing I had with the stock rotor and the truck was a dog. Geared up a couple teeth and it came back to life. I will be trying the 19 next time I get to the track.

Originally Posted by michael_lambert
Casper sorry dumb question.. Losi 1/10 or 1/8th scale esc on what motor? I am running the LRP SC gearing 16/40 with a Mamba maxx Pro and JR Z9100hvs on 2S Xcelorin 40C 5000 pack and it worked great for a few runs down the street and back then suddenly started jerking.. Similarly to what you would get with a lose motor wire but everything seems solid.
Xcelorin 10th scale speedo, Novak Ballistic 550 4.5 motor.

With the MMP you need to run the external BEC from castle with that servo or try the novak glitch buster. The MMP BEC is junk and does not like a decent servo attached to it.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html
or
http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...=NOV5626/135.0
Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I started with the same gearing I had with the stock rotor and the truck was a dog. Geared up a couple teeth and it came back to life. I will be trying the 19 next time I get to the track.
Mine temps at about 145 with 16t pinion. I can't even imagine a 19t. It does feel kinda slow with the 16t, haven't decided if I like it better yet.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

man i ordered a 1410 direct from castle over 3 weeks ago. paid for priority shipping, then 2 weeks after i ordered they message me to tell me the motor is on back order. i paid nearly 100 plus 23 shipping for one motor. meanwhile ebay has sellers that will sell you the sct combo for less (87 plus shipping) redicolous. i just messaged them for my tracking number and they said after 1 month my motor has still not been shipped. i encourage all you to stay away from ordering from caslte directly as their service sucks balls. all they could say was they were sorry like 5 times. so i turned around and just bought the tenshock motor today. this sucks as i have had the MM , MMP, and the MMM with like 5 different motors at one point. i am pretty disgusted with their service!!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
man i ordered a 1410 direct from castle over 3 weeks ago. paid for priority shipping, then 2 weeks after i ordered they message me to tell me the motor is on back order. i paid nearly 100 plus 23 shipping for one motor. meanwhile ebay has sellers that will sell you the sct combo for less (87 plus shipping) redicolous. i just messaged them for my tracking number and they said after 1 month my motor has still not been shipped. i encourage all you to stay away from ordering from caslte directly as their service sucks balls. all they could say was they were sorry like 5 times. so i turned around and just bought the tenshock motor today. this sucks as i have had the MM , MMP, and the MMM with like 5 different motors at one point. i am pretty disgusted with their service!!!!!
If it's on back order, it's on back order, what more would you like? They said sorry.. I get your upset, but that isn't bad customer service.. LOL I guess these days any time ANYONE doesn't get their way or the answer THEY want it's bad customer service.

Castle has outstanding customer service.. LOL I"ve delt with them for years w/o issues. Have there been delays at times? Yup.. that happens in this business (ohh wait in most businesses)

My advise to you would have been to pick up a combo and sell the ESC like many others have done (including myself). If you were not happy with the back order, just cancel and make other arrangements.

This is no different than everyone saying losi is aweful because they are waiting for backorded parts.. ohh well.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cancel the order and buy one off eBay... This is usually the case when ordering directly from the company making the products, takes twice as long to ship.

Last edited by SaladFork; 04-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, 18 or 19 using a 2S? How's the torque with the 18? I'm sure your top end will be better than what you had before.

I'm very interested in purchasing that Ballistic motor with the 14mm rotor. Seems like it runs very cool according to others.

Xcelorin ESC geared 18/40 temps in the 100-110 range. I am still working on getting this setup tuned in. Hoping to do some racing this weekend and get some better data.
Originally Posted by SEF
I just got the 14mm tuning rotor and I hope to be testing soon. For me, I would rather have more torque than top end. I am hoping the 14mm tuning rotor gives this motor more of a 4 pole feel (like a castle or Neu motor), and yet still be sensored. We'll see and I'll report back.

Casper menitioned gearing up significantly. According to Novak, if you were using a 16 tooth with a standard Ballistic 4.5, then you would gear with a 19 tooth with the 14mm tuning rotor installed. Seems like a huge jump to me, but testing will reveal if I get a happy medium of torque, top end, and motor temps.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8881032-post64.html

Xcelorin 10th scale speedo, Novak Ballistic 550 4.5 motor.

With the MMP you need to run the external BEC from castle with that servo or try the novak glitch buster. The MMP BEC is junk and does not like a decent servo attached to it.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html
or
http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...=NOV5626/135.0
Old 04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

the product wasnt listed as on back order. like i say i have 3 esc and 6 motors from them. they just called me and apologized and tried to make it right. they have no 1410 or 1415 in stock. i was just coming back to edit my post . seeing as they are trying their best now to resolve the problem. they said they would send me stickers and a free t-shirt and refund my money and maybe toss me an esc of my choice. if i could edit my post now i would. but it has been tagged so too late. i do commend dana at castle for her efforts. its been 5 weeks , i told her i'd go into the forums i frequent and explain what happened. ive just turned around after recieving her email and bought the tenshock motor for half the price of castle's. then she called me after recieving my NASTY reply from her email. i know its not her fault but she did her best to rectify the problem and i commend her for that. its women like her that are the glue that keeps a company together. so i guess castle aint all that bad but im still gna buy me a RX8 soon lol
Old 04-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

I edited my post BDRM. I'm sure 8ight will do the same (although none of the post are really bad).
Old 04-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

SEF, thanks... i'm about 3 miles from Old Town. The closest track though is in Waverly, the RC Asylum, about a 45 minute drive. Tampa is the outdoor track for us and is 1.5 hours, since the OutaControl track in Ocoee is closed now.

The RC ASylum has a thread on RC Tech in the race track forums and will be holding out regionals this year.

...Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com
Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
SEF, thanks... i'm about 3 miles from Old Town. The closest track though is in Waverly, the RC Asylum, about a 45 minute drive. Tampa is the outdoor track for us and is 1.5 hours, since the OutaControl track in Ocoee is closed now.

The RC ASylum has a thread on RC Tech in the race track forums and will be holding out regionals this year.

...Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com
Jim your paint always amazes me, I have yet to see one I don't like. Keep it up!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the product wasnt listed as on back order. like i say i have 3 esc and 6 motors from them. they just called me and apologized and tried to make it right. they have no 1410 or 1415 in stock. i was just coming back to edit my post . seeing as they are trying their best now to resolve the problem. they said they would send me stickers and a free t-shirt and refund my money and maybe toss me an esc of my choice. if i could edit my post now i would. but it has been tagged so too late. i do commend dana at castle for her efforts. its been 5 weeks , i told her i'd go into the forums i frequent and explain what happened. ive just turned around after recieving her email and bought the tenshock motor for half the price of castle's. then she called me after recieving my NASTY reply from her email. i know its not her fault but she did her best to rectify the problem and i commend her for that. its women like her that are the glue that keeps a company together. so i guess castle aint all that bad but im still gna buy me a RX8 soon lol
I bought mine on ebay brand new for $59. Got it in two days and the seller had several more at the time. Seems like a no brainer to me. Aren't they nearly $100 from castle?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
Wow, 18 or 19 using a 2S? How's the torque with the 18? I'm sure your top end will be better than what you had before.

I'm very interested in purchasing that Ballistic motor with the 14mm rotor. Seems like it runs very cool according to others.
I was not lacking torque with my old setup. Gearing up brought the motor back to life but I think one more tooth and it will be there. I need to test back to back to see what effects it has on runtime and motor temps as well as lap times to see which one I want to stick with. I should know more after I race this weekend. (assuming I get to go Sat!)
Old 04-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Here's my experience dealing with Ultimate Hobbies. I called yesterday to see if they had the Sidewinder SC combo (1410 motor) in stock. They had one left. I told them that I will place an online order right away (which I did) to purchase that combo and to put it to the side for me. Well I called them today to see why my order was stuck at pending and I found out that one of their workers sold it off to a customer in house. I was somewhat upset but just asked for a refund. They still haven't credited my account or even told me they have cancelled the order even though I did tell them I want my money back.

Anyhow, there's quite a few sellers on ebay selling the combo right now. I just placed an order with one of the sellers so hopefully I'll have it in my hands by early next week. We'll see...

Sorry to hear about your experience. Looks like you got it all resolved though.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
Here's my experience dealing with Ultimate Hobbies. I called yesterday to see if they had the Sidewinder SC combo (1410 motor) in stock. They had one left. I told them that I will place an online order right away (which I did) to purchase that combo and to put it to the side for me. Well I called them today to see why my order was stuck at pending and I found out that one of their workers sold it off to a customer in house. I was somewhat upset but just asked for a refund. They still haven't credited my account or even told me they have cancelled the order even though I did tell them I want my money back.

Anyhow, there's quite a few sellers on ebay selling the combo right now. I just placed an order with one of the sellers so hopefully I'll have it in my hands by early next week. We'll see...

Sorry to hear about your experience. Looks like you got it all resolved though.

Man that sucks, sorry you guys have having problems.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Hope you guys don't mind some paint pics in the thread? Had some good feedback on these and thought you guys would dig em'!

Thanks guys!

Jim
W.E.D.
www.wedjim.com
I am kind of partial to the 2nd one for some reason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.