Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Not saying it's really a bad thing, but like you said... Getting used to it will take some time. It was a cool build, I just hope I don't have to take it apart anytime soon.

After it was built it reminds me of the Jammin. Pretty narrow and shorter than the SCTe. I can see people running Slash rear offsets on the truck to make it a little wider which should help it a little more on a bumpy track at speed.
Yeah I watched vid 1 of Jang's build and almost came over to about how many parts the thing had. I like wrenching but that just seems a little excessive. I do like how engineered it looks though. Still would take my Losi any day over 2 of those.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Post up the entire video, 10 minutes of run time. Not 30 seconds of video saying it works.
Originally Posted by MarqueeRc
Yeah the vxl esc can hang but it is not ideal and can fry, regardless the vxl motor does NOT work well in the losi and will fry!!
Originally Posted by Kotu100
i've run the vxl in my scte, it WILL overheat. period. no question. at one point mine hit 240*F. yea it still works but its slow as hell. i use it in my drift car now. if i put it back in the scte i wont even get 5 mins before it hits 200*
I gotta back this guy.. I'm sure the VXL would hold up in a scte. The vxl is a little bigger than the standard 540 motors out there, so if you keep it geared low you could race with it. I would gear it with a 11t to say 13t pinion max, if you need more than that go w/ the 4-pole 1410. You may not have the torque to hit all the triples out there, but it should be enough for most doubles. I use to mess around with that motor w/ my e-revo, granted I burnt it up in a pinch on the track one day but that's in a 10lb'er LOL I screwed up my 1515 and wanted to race in the amain so I swapped it in.. she lasted about 5minutes before a complete and total death
Old 05-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
LMAO thats probably the funniest thing I have ever done, i make a post and was supposed to put a video in but forgot.

Here is the video link of kyle johnson WINNING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4dYZ...&feature=share
6:21 through 6:39 was brutal.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcman45
now i know you full of crap! you were definitly doing something wrong, and dont say "we" nobody else said that there not interested in a vid. by the way now i am on my 8 battery threw it and still no over heating! and i am on the throttle big time! 124 was my highest. boy it is nice to prove people wrong. i dont care what you say i love this setup. not saying i am not going to also try my mmp and 1410 when it arives but i learned something from people like you on this forum and that is not to listen to everyone, try it yourself. and thanks for saying your not interested in a video, that makes me want to show it even more! now if i canget rid of this pesty rain were having so i can shoot it.
Wow!!U are hallarious!!I am not the only one who has stated that this combo is a bad one for this truck...Chill out bubba, as I could care less with your flawwed assesment and wether you believe me (and others) or not...I do listen to more than one person and seems you are to dense to realize that I am not the only one that thinks it's not a good combo for this truck, and have had seen them fail for plenty when tried...There are to many that have chimed in to tell you it was a bad idea...Dont get defensive and childish and pm your vid to those that care so as not to mislead new hobbyists and consumers alike...Who have you proven wrong??No vid evidence just hearsay..
Old 05-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default diff screws

does anyone know what size the motor mount screws are the ones that go through the chassis to mount can't find them in manual anywhere thanks for the help in advance.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf
does anyone know what size the motor mount screws are the ones that go through the chassis to mount can't find them in manual anywhere thanks for the help in advance.
I beleave LOSA6264 8-32 X 3/8" FH Screws
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...sh-8%22/Detail
Old 05-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I built up the SC10 last night... If you hate wrenching on RC's the SC10 isn't the truck for you. They over engineered the crap out of the truck.

One thing Rage said last night was... "If the SC10 breaks in the quals, you won't be seeing the truck again the rest of the night." and I find this true. If you break anything in the tranny or steering it would take to long to swap shit out in time for the next heat. Changing your diff fluids?? Yea right, not at the track you aren't.

Yeah, I saw two people building these at the track... each time I walked by it looked like they got nothing done.. lol
Old 05-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi guys.. may not be the best place to ask this, so pls bear with me..

have a scte, despite some minor issues, am quite liking it looking for a 2nd truck so i can play with my kids on the same truck class... any suggestion from guys with more than one scte truck?
would really prefer another with similar drivability as the scte if possible.

was looking at desc410r, nexx10sc, and sc10.4x4, any comment on these? any other trucks i should look at?

thanx all for any inputs
Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiatw73
hi guys.. may not be the best place to ask this, so pls bear with me..

have a scte, despite some minor issues, am quite liking it looking for a 2nd truck so i can play with my kids on the same truck class... any suggestion from guys with more than one scte truck?
would really prefer another with similar drivability as the scte if possible.

was looking at desc410r, nexx10sc, and sc10.4x4, any comment on these? any other trucks i should look at?

thanx all for any inputs
cant comment on any of the above mentioned but consider lookin into the jammin scrt-10, great truck!!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

I was looking at the losi but I keep hearing so many bad things about it. The ones at my track keeps sucking batteries dry and the diffs keep blowing up again and again. Even with supposed new pins.. Also it's alot higher than the jammin and tips over alot easier and bounces thru the bumps. The losi if very heavy and higher than hyper and jammin. I will never sell my jammin after running the losi but since I want another sc truck Im looking at the losi or the AE...What style track is the losi best suited for????
Old 05-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dentman
I was looking at the losi but I keep hearing so many bad things about it. The ones at my track keeps sucking batteries dry and the diffs keep blowing up again and again. Even with supposed new pins.. Also it's alot higher than the jammin and tips over alot easier and bounces thru the bumps. The losi if very heavy and higher than hyper and jammin. I will never sell my jammin after running the losi but since I want another sc truck Im looking at the losi or the AE...What style track is the losi best suited for????
With the right power plant it doesn't suck up batteries at all.. reduce weight a little bit and get even better results. TIP: get the castle 1410 for all your 4x4's. I'm still holding out undefeated against every type of 4x4 I've raced.. I have not had a chance to race against the sc10 4x4 yet.. but I will over the next couple weeks as several people I know have them now. I've raced indoors and outdoors, small tight tracks and large 1/8 tracks.. it runs great on them all. I had a pretty dialed up hyper before and the losi blows it away. This trucks makes me look like way better of a driver than I am iMO, I've been turning laps as fast or faster than my 1/8 buggy and truggy. I'm actually going to order a another scte and convert it to a e-buggy (810e) most likely.. wicked light and I already know it can take the beating on a 1/8 track.

PS I replaced my diff pins before ever running and I've had ZERO issues.. (knock on wood of course). I run stock grease in the front and center diff's and 2k in the rear diff.

EDIT: HACKER any chance that replacement diff grease is available yet?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

wow the castle 1410 ??? a guy at our track tried it in his jammin and could not get it working well. He got the new tekin 4.5 and loves it. I run the ballistac 4.5 and I'm also one of the fastest trucks there. I know castle has nice stuff I'm running a MMP but have not scene that motor run well yet. I would like to hear what gears your running.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

wow the castle 1410 ??? a guy at our track tried it in his jammin and could not get it working well. He got the new tekin 4.5 and loves it. I run the ballistac 4.5 and I'm also one of the fastest trucks there. I know castle has nice stuff I'm running a MMP but have not scene that motor run well yet. I would like to hear what gears your running.
I run the 1410 with a 14T pinion, and its a rocket. Light weight to boot, coming off the track after 6 minute heats at 115 degrees, after 10 minute Main 125
Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bad things? From who? I don't know where you get your info from but you might wanna start getting info from other people than who ever is giving you you bad information. Losi SCTE has DOMINATED SCT racing since it's release and no one can dispute that. Unless the SC10 4x4 does 180 SCTE is king. So please read some more forums, before coming in here saying things which are incorrect. The SCTE is built with Great Quality, it's heavy cause it's built to last. It doesn't have a high COG either. This thing is pure race bread machine. It has almost no traction roll, and holds corners better than any SCT I have seen. The thing comes out of the box running as good as 95% of "dialed" SCT's I see at the track. Anyways like I said please do some more homework, if you still think the SCTE isn't the best then by all means PLEASE by another truck.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Could someone give me the demensions of the stock battery tray-esc pad ? I think I may be able to use one for a project Im building but I cant find the specs anywhere, Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.