Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ive managed to get a Losi High Performance SCT shell, the pre-cut one, but only the shell is pre-cut and not any of the vents, im i missing the point here? or have i been sent the wrong one??

i bought it here

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=80292

Also it came with a shizz load of 22sct stickers, maybe its been taken from a kit and there is no labels on the packaging, so no part number????
Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

They only pre cut the outter shell. You will have to cut out the vent holes. Everybody is different on what they like as I have all of them cut out and my buddy only cut out a few.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .AJ.
Ive managed to get a Losi High Performance SCT shell, the pre-cut one, but only the shell is pre-cut and not any of the vents, im i missing the point here? or have i been sent the wrong one??

i bought it here

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=80292

Also it came with a shizz load of 22sct stickers, maybe its been taken from a kit and there is no labels on the packaging, so no part number????

Looks like they sent you one from the kit , not the TLR8061 body .

They only pre cut the outter shell. You will have to cut out the vent holes. Everybody is different on what they like as I have all of them cut out and my buddy only cut out a few.
TLR8061 has the vent holes cut
Old 08-28-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JoeC
Thats understandable, but the listing said all the vents are pre-cut?

Probaly best to wait and see what Ryan says
Old 08-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
For your spacer u just use the 1mm?
I use the spacers that come in 1/8 scale rebuild kits but I'm pretty sure it's 1mm
Old 08-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielHolloway
Has anyone that is running the Bump chassis and using the KH diff standoff noticed more milliamp usage during your runs? Since putting this dual bearing diff mount on, I am noticing that I am using almost 1000 more milliamps during my runs.

Anyone have this happen, or could explain the reasoning? Maybe the dual bearing is putting just a little more drag on the driveline?

Any help would be appreciated.
I think you have other issues. When I put the KH dual bearing support on mine I gained a little bit of run time, and my motor temps dropped.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .AJ.
Thats understandable, but the listing said all the vents are pre-cut?

Probaly best to wait and see what Ryan says
Looks like you got the wrong one, does the part number on the bag show ###61?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I tried using a 1mm spacer(turned on my lathe) and it wasn't quite enough to keep the shocks from leaking. That's why i want to try using 2 o-rings. I measured the shocks last night and a .040" spacer under the cap should put the o-rings at the right pre-load.

Originally Posted by rcgod
I use the spacers that come in 1/8 scale rebuild kits but I'm pretty sure it's 1mm
Old 08-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Oh Chuck, you couldn't be more wrong.

I have my days too. Lately the indoor track has been killing me.

Originally Posted by chucko
unlike chris LOL I am upside down a few times during practice and racing. when the turn marshal goes to pick it up and grabs it from the side they grab the body and flip it over. depending on how fast he or she yanks on the side my body takes a strain to the mounting posts. other then that .. just hope if you spin out on the straight some kid doesn't t bone ya in to tomorrow and rip the motor out. YES... that did happen to me. its only $$$$
Old 08-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
I think you have other issues. When I put the KH dual bearing support on mine I gained a little bit of run time, and my motor temps dropped.
+1
Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
My truck has never had nerf bars on it. I've never had a problem with it because I didn't have them.
I've been saying the same thing for a year. Then, this weekend I got t-boned on the motor side and the impact blew out the front and rear motor bearings. Wowza!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I tried using a 1mm spacer(turned on my lathe) and it wasn't quite enough to keep the shocks from leaking. That's why i want to try using 2 o-rings. I measured the shocks last night and a .040" spacer under the cap should put the o-rings at the right pre-load.
Do you mean it needed a .040 spacer in addition to the one already there? The low friction orings swell really quickly so you might have a little seeping the first day but they seal up after that.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

I dug into my SCTE over the weekend trying to find out why the rear end is getting so loose. The suspension seems free enough. The chassis actually has more flex with the plastic braces than I remembered. Then I got to the shocks. The shock shafts are really dull. I chucked one up in my drill and buffed it up with metal polish. It was shiny and smooth and felt much freer in the shock afterward. I've ordered the TiN shafts, so this was just to prove my theory. Next up I noticed that the oil was pretty black, I had changed the oil recently but I thought that the seals were just bad and letting dirt by. I cleaned the body with mineral spirits and looked at the bore. There is a large spot on one side where the piston has worn the anodizing away. I'm sure that between the rough shafts and worn bodies I'm getting a lot of friction. So now I've got the HA bodies, bleeder caps and TiN shafts on order. I'm sure that will help quite a bit.

I also tried taking the rear brace off the truck to see how much more it would flex. I might try running without it. I think I'd also like to try making a rear brace similar to the Fioroni 8B brace that will allow the chassis to flex a little more but keep it from bending in a crash.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i would imagine you'd have issues with the center rear driveshaft popping out of the center diff without a rear chassis brace.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielHolloway
Has anyone that is running the Bump chassis and using the KH diff standoff noticed more milliamp usage during your runs? Since putting this dual bearing diff mount on, I am noticing that I am using almost 1000 more milliamps during my runs.

Anyone have this happen, or could explain the reasoning? Maybe the dual bearing is putting just a little more drag on the driveline?

Any help would be appreciated.
That hasn't been my experience at all. I run the same setup. My temps are lower and have slightly longer run time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.