Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Outdoor Loose/Loamy Track Setup

Casper/Hacker07/RootAll -

Looking for a setup for an outdoor loose/loamy/dusty track (but somewhat packed underneath). I did not see any setups on Losi.com or elsewhere for this track type. Seems most pro setups are for med/high grip tracks. I would think a lot of folks are running on looser tracks outside right now in summer.

Would like to see what folks are running for sway bars, shock locations, chassis braces, diff oil, etc.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Casper/Hacker07/RootAll -

Looking for a setup for an outdoor loose/loamy/dusty track (but somewhat packed underneath). I did not see any setups on Losi.com or elsewhere for this track type. Seems most pro setups are for med/high grip tracks. I would think a lot of folks are running on looser tracks outside right now in summer.

Would like to see what folks are running for sway bars, shock locations, chassis braces, diff oil, etc.

Thanks!
+1!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

+2
Old 07-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
+1!
We recommend Casey Pecks setups for those tracks.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...k-NitroPit.pdf

We have had great luck with the Dunford setup as well on a variety of track surfaces as well.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

This setup with a medium front and soft rear sway bar works pretty well on a loose track.

Originally Posted by Casper

We have had great luck with the Dunford setup as well on a variety of track surfaces as well.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Well, my GF surprised me with the MIP kit for my SCTE. I should have it in a few days and will post my thoughts on it. See if its all hype or if its the real deal.

Video looks promise, it almost looks like it handles similar to the durango. We shall see.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Yea, i like it...i did the bumper hack like others have talked about on my slash 4x4 as it did hang up alot but with as firm as and good as this bumper seems i havent had to do that and do like the look of the way it is other than the grooves on the bottom as i do not like them like most but havent ran at the track to see how it work but out and around my house(no jumps really) it does good, lol
Ok, so when you said 'it has yet to get caught up on the body once' .. it's a bit misleading if you haven't even really used it.

Based on my experience using that bumper, they do get caught up in the body, especially if the body starts to wear a bit.

It's fine if you can stop your truck and pull it out - but mid-race it really kinda screws up the aerodynamics on big jumps.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
Ok, so when you said 'it has yet to get caught up on the body once' .. it's a bit misleading if you haven't even really used it.

Based on my experience using that bumper, they do get caught up in the body, especially if the body starts to wear a bit.

It's fine if you can stop your truck and pull it out - but mid-race it really kinda screws up the aerodynamics on big jumps.G
+1
Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Yep, this happened to me with the RPM bumper. Few of us on here dremeled down the top bar (now its 1 single bar, like stock bumper) to prevent the front of the body from lifting over the bar and getting stuck. I even dremeled down the channels on the bottom to give it more clearance under neath.

Last edited by HighLife420; 07-03-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm

It's fine if you can stop your truck and pull it out - but mid-race it really kinda screws up the aerodynamics on big jumps.
Well I don't race locally but we do have our own track and ran against buddies and cased jumps, hit one other trucks and I haven't had an issue yet but mainly all my running is around my place since its hard for us all to gèt together to run. I even came off one of the jumps wrong and did cart wheels and still hasnt hung up...if it was hacked up some it will make it more flexible and it may have a tendency to get caught up but my bumper is still oem RPM and untouched with no hacking so its stiffness MIGHT NOT be allowing it to give alot

Last edited by TCCustoms; 07-03-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Yep, this happened to me with the RPM bumper. Few of us on here dremeled down the top bar (now its 1 single bar, like stock bumper) to prevent the front of the body from lifting over the bar and getting stuck. I even dremeled down the channels on the bottom to give it more clearance under neath.
Originally Posted by rcracenut
That squirty squeaky sound at full compression means the air isnt fully bled out. Do it again till the air noise is gone.
Yeah i dremeled out the top bar on mine too. Has the same clearance as the stock bumper now.

As for bleeding the shocks out, i watched the video on how to run the shocks emulsion style. Also i don't have the bleeder caps how do i bleed them with just all stock shock components? Do you think it's done any damage to the shocks in this way, since i've been running them like this for a few months now?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Yeah i dremeled out the top bar on mine too. Has the same clearance as the stock bumper now.

As for bleeding the shocks out, i watched the video on how to run the shocks emulsion style. Also i don't have the bleeder caps how do i bleed them with just all stock shock components? Do you think it's done any damage to the shocks in this way, since i've been running them like this for a few months now?
No, it won't do any damage with a little air in there. It's hard to get all the air out without the bleeder screws but possible. I would get the bleeder caps for emulsion style. Thats what I use and it makes it much easier.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

Casper --

Which Dunford setup - there are 2 out there (2011 or 2012)?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Casper --

Which Dunford setup - there are 2 out there (2011 or 2012)?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

I use the dunsford setup as a base for our track which is loamy, with hard-pack and medium bite. I could use a touch more on power steering at times, but it will definitely get you close. Tires will play big role, right now most use gladiators at our track with the multitude of different trucks, but I like using the Panther BOA's and I get plenty of forward bite, and not too much side bite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.