Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
And here is a pic of my unharmed RPM bumper and it has yet to get caught up on the body once
That looks great on your truck.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

How does the sc4x perform compared to the pro 4 in these? I know the obvious that it has less torque but what about top end and how are the temps with them? Im looking for a less torquey motor and yes I tried both pro4's. I would like to try a 550 now.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
That looks great on your truck.
Yea, i like it...i did the bumper hack like others have talked about on my slash 4x4 as it did hang up alot but with as firm as and good as this bumper seems i havent had to do that and do like the look of the way it is other than the grooves on the bottom as i do not like them like most but havent ran at the track to see how it work but out and around my house(no jumps really) it does good, lol
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Here are the pics and notice the body mounts arent right but i was thinking of getting the 8ight buggy or truggy mounts(or even both) to make this work as the 810 mounts seen in pics are kinda short and ive had to elongate the holes on the body and dont want to open it any more as then the body will be ruined

And here is a pic of my unharmed RPM bumper and it has yet to get caught up on the body once

Looks great! Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
How does the sc4x perform compared to the pro 4 in these? I know the obvious that it has less torque but what about top end and how are the temps with them? Im looking for a less torquey motor and yes I tried both pro4's. I would like to try a 550 now.
Last race I smoked my pro 4 in practice and had to go with my back up (sc4x 4.5). A guy who has never beat me beat me by a lap. We both drove good I just didn't have the speed to keep up. Lap times are low 30s and I was almost 2 seconds off where I should have been. I would try adjusting settings, current limiter before I gave up on the pro 4. Temps were good on the sc4x though. Keep in mind that we have a pretty good sized track with a couple of fast sections where speed is needed.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic
As others have stated, 4000 kv is not a 3s motor. If you want to run 3s, go with the losi rtr motor, or the castle 2400 kv motor.
yea, i know and hence why i said drop to a lower kv motor...its to high for 3s and needs to down around 2000 or so for 3s. Just not real sure why you quoted me on that...
just one thing to say... Hobbywing xerun 3400kv; it's ballistic on 3s lipo in my 810

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I am actually a very good driver and regularly make it into the a-mains at my track. I don't know what kind of speedbumps you have at you track but we actually have big jumps at ours. If a poorly molded stock front bumper can't take a hit then that's losi's problem.
We have huge motoxross style jumps on our 1/8 track and have yet to break a front bumper, though I have warn those nubs in the front down. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen anyone break a front bumper, now the rear bumper on the other hand.. different story
Old 07-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
I was running my 4600 on our med sized indoor track and it was just to tempting to feel all the power. I felt that the power was smooth however, it got me into to much trouble (need to work on my throttle disapline).
Switched back to my 4.5 550 and have settle down a bit. After a 8 min main i am at about 155 with a 13 tooth pinion.

One idea is to turn your epa down with the pro4..
Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Just finished installing the new HA Pivot balls and new tie rod ends. You would be amazed at how much wear i had on my steering links and my servo link. The new ones really take up a lot of slop.

Im still amazed that the stock one wear and the rod ends do not.

I laid the new one next to the old one and pretty much laughed...the old one wasnt even a ball anymore. It was pretty much a straight tube. I even called over my GF to show her.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Just finished installing the new HA Pivot balls and new tie rod ends. You would be amazed at how much wear i had on my steering links and my servo link. The new ones really take up a lot of slop.

I laid the new one next to the old one and pretty much laughed...the old one wasnt even a ball anymore. It was pretty much a straight tube. I even called over my GF to show her.
I just fresh'nd up mine too. I'm going to try and make the new ones last by cleaning the balls every other race. We will see how that works.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Yeah for real i installed mine at lake park for the last race of the season and i had to readjust everything because the ha balls really tightened up alot of the slop.I just put the updated springs,ha bodies and aluminum bleeder caps so i can run emulsion,I heard it lands much smoother.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Yeah for real i installed mine at lake park for the last race of the season and i had to readjust everything because the ha balls really tightened up alot of the slop.I just put the updated springs,ha bodies and aluminum bleeder caps so i can run emulsion,I heard it lands much smoother.
It does for sure. I didnt notice a HUGE difference between emulsion and the bladders. It settles on a big jump maybe a tad better.

Im really considering the MIP upgrade..but want to see some more racer reviews on it. Not to mention wait for it to drop in price.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It does for sure. I didnt notice a HUGE difference between emulsion and the bladders. It settles on a big jump maybe a tad better.

Im really considering the MIP upgrade..but want to see some more racer reviews on it. Not to mention wait for it to drop in price.
Yeah my rod ends are so worn i can literally jiggle them in all directions. Think i go the cheapo route and just get new $6 rod ends. I find it weird it still steers perfectly straight even though my steering rod ends are worn to crap.
As for running the shocks emulsion style i have not noticed much difference at all from the stock bladders. The only thing i noticed was a squirty squeaky sound at full compression.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Should the shock shafts wobble?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Should the shock shafts wobble?
That is a definite no. Might check the tolerances and wear inside your shock.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
As for running the shocks emulsion style i have not noticed much difference at all from the stock bladders. The only thing i noticed was a squirty squeaky sound at full compression.
That squirty squeaky sound at full compression means the air isnt fully bled out. Do it again till the air noise is gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.