Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Cool, Thanx for the help!!!!(8) was right on then!! Wanna come Race Peg tonight and use Us as Lapping Markers?????
Ryan and I will be at OCRC tonight.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Ryan and I will be at OCRC tonight.
Ya don't blame You ,if I was any closer I would live at that track!!!Some fast trucks there for sure as well(fast to me)I ran there on triple A main Sunday and slotted B main TQ and had some of the best 3 car clean battles ever.All three mains with the same two guys and both ran me clean and hard just perfect door to door racing ..in a Bmain no less!!Great facility and crew as well!!
Have fun !!! Hope to get Lapped by you guys some other time
Old 06-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Ya don't blame You ,if I was any closer I would live at that track!!!Some fast trucks there for sure as well(fast to me)I ran there on triple A main Sunday and slotted B main TQ and had some of the best 3 car clean battles ever.All three mains with the same two guys and both ran me clean and hard just perfect door to door racing ..in a Bmain no less!!Great facility and crew as well!!
Have fun !!! Hope to get Lapped by you guys some other time
When you see us, I sure expect you to come introduce yourself. I love meeting the folks around here. And always always feel free to bring yuor rig and have us look it over or if you need any help with anything else RC related.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

As of today I have a new web site:

www.APE-RC.com

I have a pointer on the old site to the new one just in case.

Originally Posted by JRL 13
Anyone have the link to the site that sells better diff parts for the SCTE? They sell the steel bushings that replace the aluminum one as well as steel shims. Ive been searching this thread for the past hour and still havent found the link. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

OK, just ordered the SNR carbon +9mm towers to accommodate my 8ight shocks since like i said before i dont have stock shocks so i am selling(once again) the brand new STRC towers in silver that i have on ebay right now as a pair and ive had a few PMs about the brackets i have on top of the stock towers and will be selling them soon so if interested let me kno by PM

But i will report back on the SNR towers when i get them but for $20 more than what i paid for the STRC towers and still having to have the bracket on top of the STRC to make for longer length i just wasnt happy with doin this and would have to drill through the towers for the 2 holes on the rear i believe and did not want to do that to brand new towers so i never opened them hence why im selling them
Old 06-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRL 13
Im gonna get one for outdoor use in the next week or so. Had a tekin 4600, but just traded it for a 4000 to use indoor. Really interested to see how the revtech 4800 compares to the 4600. Hoping it runs cooler than the 4600.
Really guys.. no joke,, the hobbywing xerun 4000kv motor is insaine and works up to the largest tracks.. the motor is rediculous. PS fast and cool.. 14t with some boost gets more speed than any motor olut there, and great run time.. you can run 15t easily within temp but going over 8 minutes isn't happening even with a big 6600 pack and a light weight truck, that motor pulls enough juice to drain it.

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
OK, just ordered the SNR carbon +9mm towers to accommodate my 8ight shocks since like i said before i dont have stock shocks so i am selling(once again) the brand new STRC towers in silver that i have on ebay right now as a pair and ive had a few PMs about the brackets i have on top of the stock towers and will be selling them soon so if interested let me kno by PM

But i will report back on the SNR towers when i get them but for $20 more than what i paid for the STRC towers and still having to have the bracket on top of the STRC to make for longer length i just wasnt happy with doin this and would have to drill through the towers for the 2 holes on the rear i believe and did not want to do that to brand new towers so i never opened them hence why im selling them
You know you don't need the taller shock towers, I run my 810 with the losi carbons w/ the 8ight shocks.. all you need are 3mm spacers (shock limiters work fine) behind all of the shock top bushings so the shocks don't rub the towers... and I'd suggest installing the 8ight droop pads to avoid damage to your chassis using the droop grubs on the a-arms. even w/ the 810 or scte w/ 8ight shocks you want basically the same amount of droop on the shocks.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 06-15-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i kno but with the taller towers or the goofy setup i now have it handles pretty good even with the 1/8 rims/tires since i havent swapped due to not having any scte rims since my slash rims/tires wont fit or be in the same position now with the body being jacked up so tires dont rub til i get the SC tires on. And i have 4 sets of 1/8 rim/tire combos so im ready for dirt or pavement and but once i get all this little stuff done i'll get some SC tires mounted up.

But if you make it the towers taller you wont need the droop pads as there arent any stock droop pads and didnt need them on the 810 so if i give it a taller tower it will be like having overgrown stock shocks and wont have to worry about the droop pads, drilling out the arms, replacing the droop pads, if the hex wears out/strips just another thing to work on when i can avoid by doing taller towers...it all makes for a good excuse for me not to do it, ok, there...thats the better answer for me
Old 06-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
As of today I have a new web site:

www.APE-RC.com

I have a pointer on the old site to the new one just in case.
Thanks. Just ordered a battery tray and diff shims/bushings.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

A friend of mine has just received his SCTE today and after looking the truck over, we noticed the truck had a 2.0mm swaybar in the back and a 1.8mm swaybar in the back. Is this standard? I thought the truck was supposed to be setup exactly like the setup sheet that came with the manual running 2.0mm front and 1.8mm rear swaybar? Everything else seems on par!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Are any of yall running the m2c pistons and if so what weight oils? I put them in using the same 35 front 30 rear that I was using with the stock piston and the rear end is bad loose. I know I need to go heavier just not sure how heavy. The only other change I made was moving the camber links out on the hubs. I know this could effect it some but I've gone from one end of the spectrum to the other. I'm thinking about going back to the stock pistons but hate to give up on the m2c ones so quickly. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
that should work fine. only thing to look out for is that you may need a BEC or at least a glitch buster (capacitor plugged into a receiver port).
Where does this "Glitch buster" plug into?

I just got a SCTE Ten used and I see a cap with a brown and red wire leading out of it.

Does this go into the battery plug on the reciever?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 429racer
A friend of mine has just received his SCTE today and after looking the truck over, we noticed the truck had a 2.0mm swaybar in the back and a 1.8mm swaybar in the back. Is this standard? I thought the truck was supposed to be setup exactly like the setup sheet that came with the manual running 2.0mm front and 1.8mm rear swaybar? Everything else seems on par!
Nope, that is correct.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Where does this "Glitch buster" plug into?

I just got a SCTE Ten used and I see a cap with a brown and red wire leading out of it.

Does this go into the battery plug on the reciever?
Any spare port on your receiver. Cheers!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak
Any spare port on your receiver. Cheers!
And the brown towards negative?
Old 06-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
And the brown towards negative?
yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.