Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dano628
http://www.hobbyhot.com/HOBBYWING-XE...tor-IM240.html I have never done business with them but I came across this yesterday .
heard good things also as they sell on ebay too but they are out of the US so if your in the US you get to wait which is why i held off til i found a US seller once once again have heard good things or that people were happy with them
Old 06-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

They replace the square aluminum blocks at each end of the diff pins.

Originally Posted by RC_Woody
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are the steel diff bushing replacements for the stock single insert in the diff cups that have a hex top ? If they are I assume there is 12 because you put two in each cup half?

For the life of me that is the only thing I can think those are for, but I might be missing something.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
bah, forget CRC as they dont even kno what Hobbywing products are out for sale as the one guy that works there tried to call me out on this thread actually saying i didnt have the new 4700kv motor and saying it was the 4000kv motor...i mean really, has he seen my car and does he kno what they even sell? Kinda made me upset that he had the nards to do so...Plus there prices are high and u pay shipping...

Sorry to anyone one who likes these guys as they so far have not impressed me with prices or customer service or the lack there of by not asking me, "are you sure its the 4700kv and not the 4000kv" but instead calls me out.
BTW the guy you’re commenting on is a racer @ CRC, LOL he does help maintain the track now and then but he is not tech support, he doesn't sell product for them and not officially on any payroll. BTW he is a very nice guy too.. I know Brian, Frank and the actual staff at CRC you won’t find a better more knowledgeable staff ANYWHERE... maybe you should do a little research before blasting a company not knowing what you are talking about.

PS the only motor you want in these trucks on a 2s lipo is the 4000kv version TRUST me.. the 3400 maybe for a tight indoor track, the 4700kv will not throw down the fastest laps even on the biggest of tracks.. higher temps and higher draw also reduces run times. If you want the best motor for this truck, get the 4000kv, great temps and best run time & speed.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

i dont have to do anything if they/HE are gonna blast at me first w/o having any clue to what i have and if he would know the products he would have known that there was a 4700kv motor released and at that point should have never said "ITS A 4000kv motor" when it actually was not...if he didnt know he should have never tired to say otherwise

Now with that being said....i do realize that as a person he can be a great guy and contribute alot and do not doubt the integrity of this guy i just dont agree with the way he went about his postings and i personally was upset that someone that has a company name tagged in his username should be more careful that others AS I DO KNOW THAT....

I work for a local company, wear uniforms and driver their vehicles and you have to watch how you drive, what you say when your somewhere and who you bash becuz your representing that company your driving/working for and have always tired to be on my best behavior when sporting the company logo in any way and should have been something he should have kept in mind or researched as you would say

But i am thankfully lucky to have my own opinion and will support that opinion when the chance comes if the facts are there...And if i offend someone i apologize but he has the CRC logo and whatnot on his name and represents that company in my eyes
Old 06-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

i dont have to do anything if they/HE are gonna blast at me first w/o having any clue to what i have and if he would know the products he would have known that there was a 4700kv motor released and at that point should have never said "ITS A 4000kv motor" when it actually was not...if he didnt know he should have never tired to say otherwise

Now with that being said....i do realize that as a person he can be a great guy and contribute alot and do not doubt the integrity of this guy i just dont agree with the way he went about his postings and i personally was upset that someone that has a company name tagged in his username should be more careful that others AS I DO KNOW THAT....

I work for a local company, wear uniforms and driver their vehicles and you have to watch how you drive, what you say when your somewhere and who you bash becuz your representing that company your driving/working for and have always tired to be on my best behavior when sporting the company logo in any way and should have been something he should have kept in mind or researched as you would say

But i am thankfully lucky to have my own opinion and will support that opinion when the chance comes if the facts are there...And if i offend someone i apologize but he has the CRC logo and whatnot on his name and represents that company in my eyes
Wow I can put any track logo or company logo as my avatar too.. Doesn't mean they are my employer or that I speak for them LOL hmm How many guys have 8ights or losi logo's?

That happens to be the track logo and he is a racer. I guess we can take any racer at any track that uses their logo on a sticker on a vehicle or as avatar in a chat forum and assume they are employed by them and are in sales and or tech support? Sorry my 2c and opinion is be more careful.. done on this subject your choice to reflect or not.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

im good but thanks...also, speaking of the HW SCT Pro with the 4700kv motor combo...
FINALLY got a VID of it running and dont mind my nephew bugging his dad to get him a new battery in his truck as my brother in law got annoyed as you can tell, lol

Old 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Old 06-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=TCCustoms;10868551]bah, forget CRC as they dont even kno what Hobbywing products are out for sale as the one guy that works there tried to call me out on this thread actually saying i didnt have the new 4700kv motor and saying it was the 4000kv motor...i mean really, has he seen my car and does he kno what they even sell? Kinda made me upset that he had the nards to do so...Plus there prices are high and u pay shipping...

Your avatar is a Losi vehicle so i assume your a tech support person for them and dont KNOW how to put a W on the end of knoW?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

im good but thanks...also, speaking of the HW SCT Pro with the 4700kv motor combo...
FINALLY got a VID of it running and dont mind my nephew bugging his dad to get him a new battery in his truck as my brother in law got annoyed as you can tell, lol

no i cant tell
Old 06-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dano628
http://www.hobbyhot.com/HOBBYWING-XE...tor-IM240.html I have never done business with them but I came across this yesterday .
Thanks for the link. What kind of temps are you guys getting with the 4000 Kv? Wonder how the pro4 HD 550 can will stack up against the hobywings when it comes out. Don't know if it's my esc or my motor but, my tenshock sc401 4600 just doesn't seem to have the scoot to get over the larger jumps at my track. My track buddies tell me i've got more than enough power, but i just feel like it's not what it was like before. Btw i'm also using a hobbywing 150 xerun esc.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i agree that the guy came at you wrong. when someone tells you that you're wrong about what you see in your own truck, i can see how that would rub you the wrong way. but with that....the guy does not represent CRC apparently. he just puts it in his sig to support the track. i wouldn't hold it against CRC and i certainly wouldn't try and dissuade people from patronizing them based on this guy.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Rookie

So you guys running the 4600Kv motors (Tenshock/Toro mainly) are you using any timing? I have mine set to 0° at the moment.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nathanio
So you guys running the 4600Kv motors (Tenshock/Toro mainly) are you using any timing? I have mine set to 0° at the moment.
All you're going to get with advanced timing on a 4 pole is higher temps with little to no performance gain. Keep it at 0°.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Bit the bullet!!

I've bitten the bullet & just ordered an SCTE after trying everything with the FT SC10 4x4 & talking to lots of other racers. the sc10 has always been to twichy & tail happy no matter what parts or setup i throw at it..
Ordered the roller, Kingheadz chassis & TLR tuning kit. Will run my current electrics - Tekin pro4 4600 & RX8, Ace 1015 servo with 6000 65C lipos.

Cant wait for it to turn up & see the difference. may have a ft sc10 for sale very soon LOL
Old 06-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
For those wanting to run 1/8 shocks, I have the ve8 shocks (same size front,rear) and you need the following:
1) snr front taller tower
2) hot bodies d8 longer shock ends
3) losi 8 buggy front spring set (better range than the hot bodies springs)

It all fits together well. The problem with not running the taller front tower is the shocks bottom out well before the chassis, and you have to run droop screws.

The ve8 shocks will add 2oz more to your truck (2oz total for all 4shocks)

I run the 1.4 pistons in the front, and the 1.3 in the back, with 35wt/30wt oil front/rear.

The total cost of the conversion is about $90 + losi 8 springs.
Thanks alot for this info, Ill probably try to do this. But the question would be, is this mainly for more of an outdoor, longer/bigger track big jump setup or will help indoors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.