Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:46 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
I run Nitro buggy, E buggy and 4x4 short course,,,,,, the short course is a freakin blast to drive but its not a replacement for the 1/8 scale nitro. I would suggest E buggy (IMO) the short course is a bump and run class and dosent seem to matter what state or what track i run at there is a large majority od people that drive right through you. If you are use to close clean buggy racing then E buggy would be my first choice, then the short course.

Scott
i all ready race ebuggy with a 1700kv motor and a 1900kv
Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Very true the 4x4 sct class does attract the Moths to the light it seems I think alot of people get into the hobby as of late and start right off wanting to race their 4x4 short Bus with out any regard for those that have put in the time to learn RACE TRACK ETIQUETTE. Schoolem! Say something!!I will take alot before I do, but I DO!! That is how they learn in life and at the track!The best is when you go to pass them or lap them and slow up in the next turn just to have them run right into the back side of my truck and spin me out and continue on like they just won the friggin lotteryIts the video game mentality(extra lives). It is the race directer s job to halt this type of racing and promote some track education with out having to put in some parking lot education
+1,000,000

too many times the race director sees 4x4SC as a "basher class" and let things happen. perfect example is the start. in 4x4SC when you see a crappy start where someone rams into the back of someone on the first turn and a pile up ensues, the race continues. you see that same start in 2wd buggy and it's a re-start every time. race directors need to be calling WAY more stop and go's in SC. and i'm talking about 10 second plus stops. that will educate people very quickly that driving through someone is not acceptable...
Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
I cut my tray down to just the tabs and the stiff plastic that connects the screw holes, i cut off the tray at the end of the battery....took it to the track not an issue..... place the esc directly to the chassis....

Im doing it its already lighter my dam Dremel went dead so il going to finish it up tommrow.
Dam that plastic is thick lol !
Old 04-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Prophet

RC PHREAK: I noticed the Toro esc fan runs the whole time its on do you really need it because it has a heat sink on it already ?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
RC PHREAK: I noticed the Toro esc fan runs the whole time its on do you really need it because it has a heat sink on it already ?
need it? i don't know. i just know mine runs cool with it so i'm cool with it being on all time. i'm used to it as i've run a few hobbywing esc's in the past.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, I've been racing my hopped up sc10 4x4 for the last the last 6 or 7 months and absolutely loved every minute of it. I finally decided to try out the losi just to see what all of the fuss was about. I ran it for the first time today and all I have to say is, anybody wanna buy a sc10 4x4! Holy moly I had no idea how fast this thing is. I think I'm in love!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
need it? i don't know. i just know mine runs cool with it so i'm cool with it being on all time. i'm used to it as i've run a few hobbywing esc's in the past.

Oh im just thinking that it drains the battery down quicker but its not a super fast fan like my Novak so il see.

I programed it tonight man its easy !
Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Oh im just thinking that it drains the battery down quicker but its not a super fast fan like my Novak so il see.

I programed it tonight man its easy !
honestly, the voltage use on esc fans is VERY minimal. like not having it isn't going to get you an extra 2 minutes. i wouldn't worry about it unless you're hitting LVC in a race with like 10 seconds to go. plug it in, calibrate it, and RUN IT!!!! haha.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
+1,000,000

too many times the race director sees 4x4SC as a "basher class" and let things happen. perfect example is the start. in 4x4SC when you see a crappy start where someone rams into the back of someone on the first turn and a pile up ensues, the race continues. you see that same start in 2wd buggy and it's a re-start every time. race directors need to be calling WAY more stop and go's in SC. and i'm talking about 10 second plus stops. that will educate people very quickly that driving through someone is not acceptable...
Too true!!
What is really stupid fun in this class is when you have an field of drivers that do know how to race and can pull off True Door handle to Door handle racing with out taking each other out, it is truly fun and exciting to run and watch.Even guys with less skill can do it and have way more Fun!!!Just railing with one or two other trucks running the same lap times is as fun as any r/c racing I have done in any class!!!I love the Newbs who are now showing with a SCTE rx8 and a pro-4 motor right out the gate instead of the lowly Slash 4x4 to start their 4x4 racing career
Old 04-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

i had one a couple weeks ago where i was sitting at 2nd sort of keeping pace and what happens? a guy who was a lap down takes me out and yells that he's sorry, but apparently wasn't sorry enough to wait as he kept going.

while i complain, it won't stop me from running this class. i love the class and i love my truck. yes, the class does seem to attract those who don't have a clue, but it won't dissuade me. you see some wannabe's that start out in this class and then graduate themselves to like 2wd buggy because they feel 4wd SC is a "basher class" only to come back because they realize that scrapping to make the B-main in buggy isn't as fun as driving through people in the a-main of 4wd SC.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I have a quick question, what are these for?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Screw-Washers

I am not quite sure what they are for as the description is a lil confusing...
Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
I run Nitro buggy, E buggy and 4x4 short course,,,,,, the short course is a freakin blast to drive but its not a replacement for the 1/8 scale nitro. I would suggest E buggy (IMO) the short course is a bump and run class and dosent seem to matter what state or what track i run at there is a large majority od people that drive right through you. If you are use to close clean buggy racing then E buggy would be my first choice, then the short course.

Scott
its because you so slow hillbilly!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone know the Spektrum servo horn size? Thanks.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Ok I need help. I had my first race with my scte yesterday with new BCE chassis and motor and esc and new springs.

I did notice my shocks were stiff i found my shock ends were not free moving and loose.

When I would go over jumps the truck was dropping its nose all the time. I have minimal drag brake.

This is still new racing elect racing to me.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i raced at the jconcepts indoor nats this past weekend, and struggled to get enough steering out of my truck(first time racing 1/10 style indoor track). i did well enough to get into the b main out of 50+ sct, but felt like the truck was lacking some major steering. After watching how tightly (and knowing first hand) how the sc10 4x4 corners i was kinda bummed(got rid of mine). then i got to drive my friends durango, and that thin had steering like a touring car on rails. so in the b main, after some more tweeking i finally got more steering, but it was edgy and wanted to traction roll.Oh well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.