Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fireflysti
Too late, it's all back ordered
Wow I called that lol.

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
Yea imagine my suprise. I was like yay. Ill figure something out to get me by.
I have an extra set of spider gears, use the Jammin diff pins, drill the spider gears to fit the pin. Test it out...
Old 03-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-money
Got it, thanks.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
I too would pay for things made here but it`s not that easy.Here in cal with the taxes,work comp, unions and the EPA and everyone gettn there hand in the mix! Take it from an out of work machinist who used to also work on molds,some machine shops in the bay area are doing silicon valley stuff but all the mold shops in the Pomona valley that were here 15 yrs ago are gone!!!I`m sure just teething issues,Love my truck!
This is exactly our problem. We are regulating ourselves out of good-paying manufacturing jobs!!!!! And with those manufacturing jobs go the maintenance and HR and fork truck driver jobs, etc etc!

In 2005, ThunderbirdJunkie's plant closed down to ship all the equipment off to Chinaland.

Does he dislike the Chinese? Absolutely not...they are a proud people and do what they can for them and theirs, just like Americans, Europeans, Africans, and everybody on every other continent does/do. but apparently printing is the HORRID DEVIL in the EPA's eyes. So, let's chop out this plant here in the USA, and move it to a country with no pollution or labor laws?

Sorry for dragging this thread off topic.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

All I can say is damn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFxn0RTzoA4
Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

And what is this guy on? Damn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPQ6YtCZYH0
Old 03-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

God Bless Japan...
Old 03-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
This is exactly our problem. We are regulating ourselves out of good-paying manufacturing jobs!!!!! And with those manufacturing jobs go the maintenance and HR and fork truck driver jobs, etc etc!

In 2005, ThunderbirdJunkie's plant closed down to ship all the equipment off to Chinaland.

Does he dislike the Chinese? Absolutely not...they are a proud people and do what they can for them and theirs, just like Americans, Europeans, Africans, and everybody on every other continent does/do. but apparently printing is the HORRID DEVIL in the EPA's eyes. So, let's chop out this plant here in the USA, and move it to a country with no pollution or labor laws?

Sorry for dragging this thread off topic.
And The computer you bought to post this was made in the USA. Hmmm
Old 03-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

Was That Charlie Sheen? I think he may want to lay off the crack......BB
Old 03-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Interesting peoples on the intarwebz.

Sucks about Japan, does that mean more delays in my diff pins? (j/k)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I hope that everyone affected is safe. The video of the giant tsunami wave traveling toward the coastline was unbelieveable. Mother nature is a powerful force.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well sure enough I took my diffs apart and all have wear on the cross pins the center diff is the worst !!!Horizon has the parts back order till early June and everyone also has them back order .So anybody out there started to make replacements for them or know where to get some ?This is after 3, 5 minute qual and a 8 minute main
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 AM
Suspended

Default Rims or Premounts that dont rub (AKA or Pro-Line?)

Anybody know what rim or pre mounts that will fit this without rubbing? I have some split six rims and they rub because of the offset. AKA or Pro-line would be my choice if anybody has tried any and they didnt rub please let me know, Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-money

Before you guys push the button on ANYTHING from these folks, you might wanna' take a read at this....

As of this minute, my 2nd email was NOT answered and no money refunded.

I believe that these folks are BAD NEWS!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Chris K
At the suggestion of one of the users on this forum, I placed an order with nitrorchobbiess.com (Nitro Hobbies, Inc.) on the 7th.... This was for some items which were on back order everywhere else but supposedly they had everything in stock according to the poster on this thread. And so it was indicated throughout the process of placing the order.,

There was NO confirmation email sent, nothing other than PayPal indicated that the money was accepted.

So, since nothing in the way of an email had been received, I thought I'd fire one off to see what is going on:

Yesterday evening (3/9/11) I received the following email from Amir (something or other), to which I replied:

to which I replied:

and as of yet I have NOT received any sort of reply. Of course, I think we all know the answer to this one - it never was in stock.

I'm not sure if this is one of the many 'drop ship' sites that are cropping up all over the web (send the site your money, they order the product and ship it directly to you from the distributor) but certainly these folks need to be given a LOT of consideration before orders are placed with them. My point is that EVERYTHING is in stock always, they take your money and 'hope' they can find it and get it shipped to you.

My unsolicited advice would be to RUN FAR AWAY from these types of sites, they are only serving to further dilute our hobby dollars by not only bypassing the local hobby shops but also the legitimate internet folks who actually maintain inventory.

And IF you are wondering what MY logic was in attempting to buy through them the reason is very simple: I thought they had it in stock!

I would be very suprised if the folks at Horizon know who they are dealing with in this case since I believe that you have to be 'brick & morter' to purchase from them. AND, I would be very interested for someone to get to the bottom of who these people are and what their source of product is.

Last edited by Chris K; 03-11-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Added quote so it makes sense!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
The housing hasn't been an issue... The pins wearing causes the wobble, not the housing.
This isn't making any sense to me. The outdrives should still fit well in the housing without wobble even if the pins in the center diff aren't even there.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Reported issues, how to resolve?

Guys, huge thread here! Reading to past day's info in itself takes alot of time. I have a new kit I haven't ran yet. It would seem almost retarded to run it for an hour or two then have to pull it all apart to replace diff outdrives and diff cross pins. These are the two issues I have noticed.

Can someone eloborate on what happened when they called Horizon, as in when they can expect to have replacement parts? I'd opt for this (to build the truck right rather than run it them replace all of the slop).

thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.