Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You guys seen this thing yet?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

What wheel combo fits this truck for offset. Slash rear, SC10?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
slash rear im pretty sure, because i used slash rears on my scrt10 and tried them on my losi and works just a wider stance
Old 03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
To keep the truck inside ROAR limits on width you need zero offsets. Proline Protracs work if you have the Tekno hex's or do a little dremel on the inside ribs of the wheels.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Also depends on the quality of the servo. A lot of servos that claim to be 200+ are not 200+ through the entire range of motion.
Of all servo's ive ran in the past, The Ace/AE's are imo faster and stronger then what they are rated at. But the gears and top case are weak so its a moot point.

Originally Posted by Casper
If you are playing on the track a chassis should last you a long time unless you run on very abrasive surface a lot like blue groove outdoor on on the street. Alum chasis like this have been used on 8th scale for many years and last a long time under most conditions.

If only losi would do us the favor of the Droop screws like their big brothers.

HINT HINT Ryan.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
To keep the truck inside ROAR limits on width you need zero offsets. Proline Protracs work if you have the Tekno hex's or do a little dremel on the inside ribs of the wheels.
So none of the AKA premounts then?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Won't the Teckno hex's hole diameter be to big since the SCTE has smaller axel's then the Ten-T?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
Thanks for the reply back! Maybe I should rethink my strategy and go with 2 2S lipos and 1 3S lipo as a backup. Here's the 2S I'm looking at: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-50c-50...case-2222.html
I assume the 50C rating gives me a little bit longer run times? I feel like such a newb lol.
The C rating is like the size of the pipe the amps can flow through not the runtime.
Runtime is the mah of the lipo which kind of is like how much gas there is in the tank.
So, a 5000mah has more runtime (gas) than a 3200mah lipo.
And a 40c lipo should have more punch throughout the entire cycle than a 25c lipo (although this will vary among ratings between manufactures).

Originally Posted by D-money
there have been places where i have gone through a chassis in 2 days of racing so this works for me and saves me a bit of money.im not saying it is the best for racing but im just a club racer it is all fun to me.
D-money, where are you racing that a chassis has to be replaced that often?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think the Tekno hubs work on the SCTE axles like they do for the Ten-T because they are for 6mm axles and the SCTE axles are 5mm.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ellisd
Won't the Teckno hex's hole diameter be to big since the SCTE has smaller axel's then the Ten-T?
Yea my bad, the axles are 6mm versus 5mm... These should work and have a set screw. http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=630
Old 03-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

One week on a set of drive cups from Rages truck. The center diff also has quite a bit of play inside the actual diff, causing the drive shafts to wobble.

Ryan, I thought the drive cups on the production truck had been hardened? All three of the production trucks in our crew are all having this issue. And we have seen quite a few diffs pin issues right off the bat which also should have been hardened? To get the pins cost 30 bucks for each set. I do not think people are going to want to replace the pins every two weeks. What's the deal man?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by SaladFork; 03-10-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

+ YouTube Video
Yeah i saw it on Rcz..It is a great idea going with a scale class 1 desert buggy look imo!!Definetly going to add to my stable!!Maybe a realistic type class 1 buggy class will get popular to add to the ever growing Rc racing scene!!This will just add more fun to the hobby's appeal of more scale looking type vehicle's!!Now the kyosho Db guys have something to run up against and now may spurn up a class...Keep it up Losi!!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow, reminds me of the gold tub RC10 era we ran in the 80's. Man, I thought I'd be done for awhile after my Losi 22 came in. I want one. Maybe Casper and Ryan can start a 12 step Losi Anonymous Program.......

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

One week on a set of drive cups from Rages truck. The center diff also has quite a bit of play inside the actual diff, causing the drive shafts to wobble.

Ryan, I thought the drive cups on the production truck had been hardened? All three of the production trucks in our crew are all having this issue. And we have seen quite a few diffs pin issues right off the bat which also should have been hardened? To get the pins cost 30 bucks for each set. I do not think people are going to want to replace the pins every two weeks. What's the deal man?

+ YouTube Video
Wow one issue I always had with my scrt10 was the out drives wobbling because of the plastic diff cups. On the scte do the diff cups have steel inserts in them like 1/8 scale? If not it's definitely an issue. I just wish one of these manufacturers would build a short course truck with 1/8 scale durability. The reason I sold my scrt10 was the durability was based on the 1/12 scale crt.5 and just not holding up at our local track. Also wonder why they didn't mold the losi a arms all the way through where the inner pins go through. I know with my jammin they always broke at the front pivot point. If they would just mold the arm all the way through instead of having a gap between the two pivot points the arms would be much stronger.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

[QUOTE=D-money, where are you racing that a chassis has to be replaced that often?[/QUOTE]
one place that comes to mind is SRS in arizona .the last time i was there the track was like sandpaper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.