Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBARB
Well I had my trucks for a couple of days and I love it! But my MMP and novak ballistic 550 4.5 cogg so bad the truck wont even move but right when I take out the sensor wire runs like a charm. I have tried different sensor wires tired different setups with MMP... etc. I don't know what to do oh and I am using the xcelorin 60c 6000mah 2s. Both esc and motor are brand new also.
ummmm....... that motor is not supposed to be run unsensored.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know what motor/esc/lipo and tires were used by Peck in this race?

http://vimeo.com/20541530
Old 03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mitten
Critter, Casper

I got to run my truck on the track for the first time last night. It was a blast running a 4x4 again. My motor was running hot, coming off at 160 to 170 range after 5 min qual. I have a LRP Sphere TC comp, Team Epic 4x4 Short course 4.5t running a 15t pinion, 5000mah 40c pack, no boost, no timing advance. I was thinking I needed to drop down to a 14t or even a 13t pinion? Are you saying that I should have gone to a 16t maybe 17t? I run on a smaller indoor wet clay track. I sat out the 10 min. because I didn't want to cook my motor and wasn't sure I could make it.
Our team guy running an LRP had to go down to a 13T. I would gear down. He had a similar issue where his motor was too hot. He just continued dropping teeth until it got cool. It runs really strong now even though he is three teeth lower then Ryan and I with the Xcelroin speedo.

Originally Posted by pword
i think Ryan should probably send you complimentary SCTE wheels...i witnessed last night Stevey dremeling on brand new proline wheels with shiny snipers
We have told you many times the protac wheels rub at full lock. We have always said to run losi wheels which should be readily available as long as you shop ordered some.

For the record form the pics I saw Casey Peck was running protrac wheels at he nitro challenge so they can be made to work. I don't know how much work he put into them.

Well I had my trucks for a couple of days and I love it! But my MMP and novak ballistic 550 4.5 cogg so bad the truck wont even move but right when I take out the sensor wire runs like a charm. I have tried different sensor wires tired different setups with MMP... etc. I don't know what to do oh and I am using the xcelorin 60c 6000mah 2s. Both esc and motor are brand new also.
I had similar issues with the MMP I tried although mine cogged always! Contact Novak. It might be a bad sensor board on the motor. I think it may be a MMP issue though as a lot of those are having problems from what I read.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Does anyone know what motor/esc/lipo and tires were used by Peck in this race?

http://vimeo.com/20541530
I think he is using the novak havoc ESC with ballistic 4.5. Tires I might be wrong on this but I though he was one Enduro's.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadowracer24
I set mine up like the tech sheet Ryan posted and all was well until I got to the rear rideheight. I have the preload all the way to the top of the shock and can't get it to set lower than about 34mm. Have 35wt in the shock what am I doing wrong. Shouldn't have to add weight to the rear need help to pick it up now.
I'm just catching up on this rapidly growing thread, so this may have been answered.

How much rebound did you build your shocks with? The first time I built mine I used only 1/4 rebound and ride height was not a problem. The second time I used 1/2 rebound the had to back the preload off all the way to get ride height, plus the car did not handle as well on a smooth indoor track. So, try building with 1/4 rebound in back and very little in the front.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pword
i think Ryan should probably send you complimentary SCTE wheels...i witnessed last night Stevey dremeling on brand new proline wheels with shiny snipers
Now thats funny. We have used the protrac part number pro272300 many times and we have mentioned many times that they do rub...but not as bad as you are saying, so maybe you got different ones or they changed the mold. But I defiantely recommend the stock wheels, I have everytime I have been asked and Horizon still has them in stock so they are not out everywhere.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
I think he is using the novak havoc ESC with ballistic 4.5. Tires I might be wrong on this but I though he was one Enduro's.
The setup sheet that has been posted on here a few times has this info on it, It can also be found on post number 1. He started on Enduros but ended up on gridirons.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

I picked up some parts off fee bay , shock towers and front and rear carriers. I got to looking at the rear and decided to double up the rear shock tower with the spare that I bought. Hope it gets me by until I can afford the graphite or alum ones. I did it , it works, just sharing an option for everyone.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This should shed some light on the SENSORED 550 Vs Castle 1415 debate......

Here's what we're running

ME

Momba Max Pro
CC 1415
orion 5000 45c 2s
weight: 6.8

Friend

Momba Max Pro
Novak 550 4.5
Turnigy 5000 40c 2s
weight: 6.58

Me and a friend didn't make it out to the track to race today, but we got together for some ten-scte shinnanigans inside a rather large industrial building. Both trucks absolutely rip in straight line acceleration. There wasn't a clear winner in acceleration or top end. Both trucks seemed identical in those aspects. He was equally impressed with how the castle 1415 responded on low end slow speed driving. The motor is very smooth and there is no hint of cogging whatsoever. Driving his 550 was nice the only thing I noticed that I liked better was there was a better throttle modulation feel than on my 1415. Anyone purchasing either motor would be very happy indeed

Last edited by RAPER; 03-05-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

raper-

are you still geared 20/40???? his car is lighter then yours with a 4 cell???
Old 03-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Another quick question to the LOSI guys, any speakings of offering a spur gear in the 36 or 38 teeth count??? seems with roar keeping the 2s rule we could use more cog with motors like the CC 1415.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Looking for a decent Servo for this thing. What would you guys recommend under 100$?

Was thinking this Savox

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ium-Gear-Servo

Any input? thnks.
Go with the hitec 985mg, its analog super fast, tons of torque and doesn't have any issues with any BEC's.. expecially if you are using a MMp I always tell people to stick w/ this servo.. fantastic and no hiccups! under 80 with out coupon.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bburns
I can vouch for Ridley b/c I've raced with him and the webers which he is referring to with the blistering fast slashes. I'm pretty positive he knows whats up with the Losi and how to set it up since he made one of the first conversions months ago and made a thread about it. I agree with everything he says about the slash. We have some really fast slashes up here in Ohio. The biggest down fall of the slash is it's higher center of gravity that kills it in faster turns. I'm sure he can post a few videos for u guys to see the races that him and the webers have had with the slash and the losi.
Thanks Buddy I know I sometimes say things that aren't taken well on here, but it is what it is out in the real world and I take pride in telling it how I see it without bias.

I would agree with others saying it was just my poor technique, yadda yadda, they are better drivers, yadda yadda, but I can pick up their radio and do the exact same thing consistently with their truck, so I know for a FACT it's the truck, and not the driver.

I love the new Losi, I love my Losi conversion even more, I've done incredibly well with it.....but there's some freaking fast slash 4x4's here in Ohio....and the tighter and slower and slicker the track gets...the faster they become. It's these same handful of slash drivers that have made the ofna/jammin extinct in this area because there has never been one that could hold their own against them. I had one of the slash 4x4's from their inception, I've wrote guides on how to modify them, how to use D8 shocks on them effectively, won a state outdoor championship with one........I wouldn't trade 3 of them for my Losi truck, but there is some things that they absolutely excel in and do better than the SCTE. I prolly wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been witnessing it for the last year either....maybe the doubters should just come race with us
Old 03-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Sounds like you don't have your ABC wires on correctly... lol I've done this before too and it acts exactly as you describe. W/O a sensor wire it can run, but because you have them on wrong w/ the sensor wire on.. cog, no power etc etc. Maybe some user error
Old 03-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I picked one of these up last night and have been debating dropping a servo I already own into it. I have a Futaba BLS451, it's got 147 oz-in @0.10 seconds. The speed is just fine by me, just wanted to make sure it'd have the grunt too. I had a servo go wonky on my in my 8ight-E last year and would rather buy another servo if that's likely to happen on the SCTE as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.