Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

After reading all the crying from the last two pages, These problems with the diffs, are these just from horizon hobbies? or ALL losi Ten trucks?

Last edited by Feint Motion; 03-11-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Guys, huge thread here! Reading to past day's info in itself takes alot of time. I have a new kit I haven't ran yet. It would seem almost retarded to run it for an hour or two then have to pull it all apart to replace diff outdrives and diff cross pins. These are the two issues I have noticed.

Can someone eloborate on what happened when they called Horizon, as in when they can expect to have replacement parts? I'd opt for this (to build the truck right rather than run it them replace all of the slop).

thanks,

no one has the parts in stock so we're S.O.L unless we can make them or source some ourselves...
i called yesterday, gave my info and when the parts are back in stock in june they're gonna get sent out...
Old 03-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What is the length, diameter, and width of the cross cut? I welded my pins together yesterday but I want to make some pins just in case.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Guys, huge thread here! Reading to past day's info in itself takes alot of time. I have a new kit I haven't ran yet. It would seem almost retarded to run it for an hour or two then have to pull it all apart to replace diff outdrives and diff cross pins. These are the two issues I have noticed.

Can someone eloborate on what happened when they called Horizon, as in when they can expect to have replacement parts? I'd opt for this (to build the truck right rather than run it them replace all of the slop).

thanks,
+++1 Exactly my thoughts, why run it for 20min. and have to put it away till June.

The only thing that sucks is to send it back to Amain its going to cost me to ship it, but i guess it'll be worth retuning it and getting the DURANGO.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks,
take out your pins before you run the truck.. and harden them yourself??

heat them up and cool them down quickly in motor oil.. ???

my scte is making some fairly loud noises from the start, i have 3 packs through it now at about 6 minutes each.. so i guess we will see if this problem is a big one or not??
Old 03-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
After reading all the crying from the last two pages, These problems with the diffs, are these just from horizon hobbies? or ALL lost Ten trucks?
What do you mean all the crying !!!!!!!!!! Buy a 300.00 truck and run it once and put it on a shelf till early June .I dont understand they have a truck out thats been running these diff pins with no problem they build a new truck and use diffrent ones !!!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arm2storm
+++1 Exactly my thoughts, why run it for 20min. and have to put it away till June.

The only thing that sucks is to send it back to Amain its going to cost me to ship it, but i guess it'll be worth retuning it and getting the DURANGO.
Too late for me, I opned the package. I didn't touch it though.

Originally Posted by Kotu100
no one has the parts in stock so we're S.O.L unless we can make them or source some ourselves...
i called yesterday, gave my info and when the parts are back in stock in june they're gonna get sent out...
June? Seriously?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Pete G
What do you mean all the crying !!!!!!!!!! Buy a 300.00 truck and run it once and put it on a shelf till early June .I dont understand they have a truck out thats been running these diff pins with no problem they build a new truck and use diffrent ones !!!
considering its a part that costs less than 20$
I ran 20+ pack in mine, I have Zero problems. Mabe its because I'm running 3-7-3 oils?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

T-BirdJunkie sure brings his personal flair to a post (and I would know as I work with said T-BirdJunkie). He's going to see (most of) my new TEN-SCTE tonight, and then he will have a hard time denying the truck. I figured the pins would go fast, I cleaned my diffs out to put oil in them when I got the truck and the pins already had marks... this is from shipping! I figure Losi will have a fix soon (I actually have 1 set of diff pins at home already... one of my diffs was missing a shim, so I bought a bag). Keep in mind I doubt they're ignoring us, I think this page grew 12-15 pages since end of business yesterday. I imagine we'll hear somethign today. All I know is that I'm glad we know how to harden things, if those pins are going every few runs unhardened, imagine where the hobby would be without hardening.

Anyway, still happy with my truck and look forward to Losi's fix to these issues.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
considering its a part that costs less than 20$
I ran 20+ pack in mine, I have Zero problems. Mabe its because I'm running 3-7-3 oils?
I am running 5 5 3 ,I took the grease out before I even ran it
Old 03-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
If Losi's products were still manufactured in the US, they wouldn't have that problem, now would they?

Not knocking Losi, since they are the best bang-for-the-buck RC manufacturer right now, but this kind of crap happens when you DON'T BUILD YOUR OWN CRAP. They did it when they built ThunderbirdJunkie's XXX-NT AD2...why can't they build the XXX-SCT in the US

Buy American and we won't have this unemployment problem. Just sayin'

[/soapbox/
Gotta add my two cents and maybe changes some minds for the better.

I belive one of the causes for products being so expensive is there are way to many people in the US that do as little as possible for as much as they can make at work. while thats nice if you can get it that way, it sorta costs a company more to get what they need done, and I dont belive we in america are that much better at building products than the rest of the world, I have worked in many factories food and parts manufacturing. I seen an alarming number of people that have done some stupid stuff with some really important parts, and I only wonder how many people they ended up pissing off or sick by things that go out. have you ever seen how hard them people in other countries work for such small pay. makes us kinda spoiled. I am not talking about all americans but there is a pretty big number from my experiences. We can only stick it to the man so long, he gonna stick it back to us!

Keep jobs here buy working hard!!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racerx711
take out your pins before you run the truck.. and harden them yourself??

heat them up and cool them down quickly in motor oil.. ???

my scte is making some fairly loud noises from the start, i have 3 packs through it now at about 6 minutes each.. so i guess we will see if this problem is a big one or not??
Hardening is not going to work, the material is weak....it looks like brass or somthing else but it doesn't look like steel.

This is rediculus!!!! What a POS company. Nowonder I never owned a losi before!!!

JQ... fixed his problem quick...there is no reason why Losi can't. I hope they are the ones who pull those pins off the shelfs to start shipping replacements.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hardening is not going to work, the material is weak....it looks like brass or somthing else but it doesn't look like steal.

This is rediculus!!!! What a POS company. Nowonder I never owned a losi before!!!

JQ... fixed his problem quick...there is no reason why Losi can't. I hope they are the ones who pull those pins off the shelfs to start shipping replacements.
you do realize brass is yellow.... if those were made from brass they wouldnt last a pack. its deff steel, but the gears are harder then the pins making the pins wear.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kotu100
you do realize brass is yellow.... if those were made from brass they wouldnt last a pack. its deff steel, but the gears are harder then the pins making the pins wear.
Aren't the pins yellow??

Old 03-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I would wait on the Durango I saw them eat ring and pinion gears very quickly even quicker then the Losi eats pins at the nitro challenge. Hell one of the durango trucks didn't even make it to the main. That's what made me look other places for a sct 4x4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.