Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default s/c nationals @ rc madness

Who's goin to the s/c nats at r/c madness ? I'll be in a white w/blue trim motorhome w/ 14 ft trailer. Stop by and have a cold one and shoot the shit if ya want.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA4444

makes working on your center diff much easier..It has nothing to do with not wanting to turn a wrench...and I am sure Im not the only person who would appreciate a spilt center diff

I'd go for that. Makes sense.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone running the Novak 5.5 ? need help on geraring Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40
I'd go for that. Makes sense.
makes working on the car so much easier.The nitro's have it so why can't we?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
I'm not trying to be a argumentive dick here but.....

Facts are facts, T7 aluminm is harder than epoxy, will the CF wear out on a very abrasive track eventually Yes. Thats it for me.

Now about who's using what for materials ??

Ummm, check the first sentence

http://www.nitrohouse.com/p24361/CNC...duct_info.html

If Losi isn't saying weither it's T6 or T7 then I'll bet big money it's T6, especially when considering it's being made by China. Those cheap fooks are alll about doing everything cheap as possible. I'd also bet the TLR chassis are STAMPED and then finished on a CNC machine to make the relief pockets then Hard Anoded to make eveything nice and tidy.

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I love some Losi products, check my sig I have a lot $$ invested in Losi but it's all about marketing and doing everything cheap as possible and some stuff just isn't what everyone thinks it is. Just my 2cents and personal Op. I have no problem admiting I'm wrong if this can be shown otherwise because I dont claim to know everything nor am I a pro driver. I'm a old fat dude that plays with RC cars but I do have some experience with materials and getting what I pay for
Don't worry, I didn't take it as argumentative, I took it simply as us having disagreeing opinions on the subject, it's all good, you've been a good contributor, no anger from me :cheers: I used to run 1/10th scale pan cars as well as sedan cars, all with cf chassis. I ran on just about as abrasive of a surface as could be and they held up just fine to all the bumps and imperfections of the tracks I ran on as well as tons of parking lot races and I simply didn't find cf to be as sensitive as you paint it out to be. That being said, I don't have any personal experience running extremely abrasive offroad tracks with cf chassis, but I know of people who do and I haven't seen them changing their chassis out due to wear.

Originally Posted by TimBump
The Bump chassis is 7075 T6. The 7075 is the type of alloy (tough as nails) and the T6 designates the temper spec of the aluminum. T6 has the higher yield strength and T7 has increased dimensional stability for less warpage during machining.
Thanks Tim for explaining it, I thought the T7 that bondonutz was referencing was to the chassis being 7075. I know yours and TLR's are both going to be 7075 and that's what I was referencing.

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Question to those with the BCE chassis. I know they are Westcoast based. Whats the average ship time to So cal? Looking to get one before my next race.
PCH Called me this past week asking if they carry the BCE chassis, would I be interested in buying one. So give them a call, they may be getting some in stock.

Originally Posted by KING_PALM
Uplands finest right here. Cool to see you have Internet in your part of the world.

That beng said I need another motor for my truck. The icon 4.5 just isn't dong it
Novak 4.5 or castle 4 pole?
Good meeting you tonight at OCRC, glad you got to see my little green can of fury tonight, that little castle is a hell of a motor and at the low price, it's probably the best deal in RC right now! I couldn't believe how hot your icon got once you upped to the 16T pinion, definitely gonna have to ditch that icon motor in-favor of either the Castle or the Tekin. There's also going to be some other interesting options in the not too distant future, including a Viper 4-pole, and I heard of possible 4-pole offerings from LRP and Orion. Looks like 4-poles are here to stay. Hopefully we'll be seeing you over at OCRC more often. Also you got to see my CF'd out SNR Chassis'd truck, how'd it look to you out there? It seems pretty good to me and I cased the triple a few times pretty hard and it's been tumbled a few times. Even so, it's one of the faster trucks out there, despite me being at the wheel

makes working on your center diff much easier..It has nothing to do with not wanting to turn a wrench...and I am sure Im not the only person who would appreciate a spilt center diff
I have to say, that is pretty awesome! I'd LOVE to see something like that for our truck. Infact, I'm going to have to pick that up for my Eight-E 2.0. Then, I'll be able to have a couple pre-built diffs, and just drop them in according to which weight fluid I want to run in the center. Thanks for posting that, I had no idea that had even come out

Oh and because I like to post pix, this one is simply for bling, but nothing wrong with having a little bling on your truck as long as it doesn't deter from it's performance. Steve of SNR brought me a cf radio tray tab. Thanks Steve!

Old 08-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwilkinson
Yeah knowing where they're manufactured is gonna be a selling point for me sorry to say.. I've had to deal with foreign countries quality of pipe in my job, like for instance forged mill test reports or companies basically hand writing a heat number on the product and furnishing fake MTR's... People's lifes on the line in my job, I know these are just toy cars but it's besides the point.. I know the shady things that happen in foreign country on quality control and none of it can be trusted!
kinda in the wrong hobby eh?
Old 08-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kshreders
Anyone running the Novak 5.5 ? need help on geraring Thanks
I'm running a 15t on a track with 30 sec. lap times,medium size track. That's with the havoc pro sc, 7 min main. I need more motor though,waiting on the
tekin pro 4.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

May be a stupid question. Losi said the split diff is for vehicles in the 8ight family. Is the Scte included and do you run the split diff in your scte 4x4
Old 08-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NITROALM
Oh we have been getting questions regarding our Vs OEM and the Benfits
Here is a repost of the explnation...

Hi Guys I have been asked many times why we do what we do with the
Chassis So I wanted to post this to explain some of the process
of our Custom Chassis vs Oem stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB
What's the difference between the bce chassis and the the chassis team associated is coming out with?
Hi VBB We use 7075 T6 Billet, that is fully CNC Machined.
Where the Oem company's use Alclad, and they are stamped out
by the thousands, The Kits need to produce many chassis at a time
where we only produce small batches, The big difference that we get from the
racers is, the longevity(Chassis Life) vs stock, and the fact they will hold the tune of the
set up much longer Ie;tweak, bending etc. and usually we come in lighter
than most of the stock chassis.just due to our extensive lighting programs.
Hope this Helps..
Did bce make an older version of the scte chassis? If yes, how was it different then this new one?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NITROALM
Oh we have been getting questions regarding our Vs OEM and the Benfits
Here is a repost of the explnation...

Hi Guys I have been asked many times why we do what we do with the
Chassis So I wanted to post this to explain some of the process
of our Custom Chassis vs Oem stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB
What's the difference between the bce chassis and the the chassis team associated is coming out with?
Hi VBB We use 7075 T6 Billet, that is fully CNC Machined.
Where the Oem company's use Alclad, and they are stamped out
by the thousands, The Kits need to produce many chassis at a time
where we only produce small batches, The big difference that we get from the
racers is, the longevity(Chassis Life) vs stock, and the fact they will hold the tune of the
set up much longer Ie;tweak, bending etc. and usually we come in lighter
than most of the stock chassis.just due to our extensive lighting programs.
Hope this Helps..
What new chassis by Team Associated are you refering to?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

just had a idea, Would it be possible to bolt on the scte sc parts like bumpers and bodyposts onto a losi eight e? I think that would be a awesome sc truck.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
kinda in the wrong hobby eh?
No not really, it's a point don't pay top dollar for something that may just be cheap and not the quality it was advertised at... I'm sure there's alot of people in here that would believe a gold ring would turn your finger green if the right person said it! Haha
Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Has anybody tried to build their shocks emulision style on the original shocks??
Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TimBump
The Bump chassis is 7075 T6. The 7075 is the type of alloy (tough as nails) and the T6 designates the temper spec of the aluminum. T6 has the higher yield strength and T7 has increased dimensional stability for less warpage during machining.
What was your decision to go with T6 based on? Just curious. Im not a machinist so keep it simple and in common English. I think 7075 is confusing people. Do you know what your competitors are using T6 or T7 seems they are all using 7075. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwilkinson
Thanks for correcting me didn't even dawn on me they were listed under 550 on amainhobbies.. anyways while you're in the correcting mood what country is the new flex tuned chassis built in??
The TLR chassis is 7075. Not sure what the temper is on it. I am sure it is stamped, bent then machined but just a guess. Nothing wrong with that method. It is then hard anodized to make it look nice and last longer. It is not made in the US. They are made in China like the rest of the truck and the mass majority of the rest of the R/C stuff you buy from all manufactures. The chassis is top notch in fit and finish and really looks good on the truck. I don't see any of the other aftermarket chassis going the extra step to anodize the chassis when they are done. The stock chassis is a much weaker material. Still gets the job done but there is a lot of value in the TLR upgrade chassis as being stronger and lighter then the stock chassis.

Originally Posted by Honda450R Dude
just had a idea, Would it be possible to bolt on the scte sc parts like bumpers and bodyposts onto a losi eight e? I think that would be a awesome sc truck.
The bumpers won't fit without modification on the 8ight as the hole spacing will not line up. Not to say you can't make them work but far from bolt on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.