Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey guys I am very happy with the way my truck is handling pretty much straight out of the box but my competition at the track is very good and I dont know anyone with a light weight scte for me to try out my main questions are how does the weight savings help the way it handles and is there any loss in stability with the weight cut I hear all the time that the Losi is so stable because it is heavy.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop

i am getting there in the lap times

and yeah i think need 30/27.5 but will see what happens

i would get the rc shox ones be4 the m2c ones
I thought about the rc shox ones, but they are too extreme IMHO, at least the way the guy that makes them seems to think they need to be set up. I want just a LITTLE bit more rebound vs compression, not a whole lot.....but a bit more than running 4 hole chamfered pistons.

Too much rebound is just as bad, if not worse, than too little...which is what a couple guys I talked to with the RC Shox pistons was experiencing.

So, basically, I was just wondering what guys were using for shock oils to start with, or what seemed to be roughly equivalent to 30 weight with the 4 hole #3 losi pistons. Would save quite a bit of time
Old 12-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ridley
I thought about the rc shox ones, but they are too extreme IMHO, at least the way the guy that makes them seems to think they need to be set up. I want just a LITTLE bit more rebound vs compression, not a whole lot.....but a bit more than running 4 hole chamfered pistons.

Too much rebound is just as bad, if not worse, than too little...which is what a couple guys I talked to with the RC Shox pistons was experiencing.

So, basically, I was just wondering what guys were using for shock oils to start with, or what seemed to be roughly equivalent to 30 weight with the 4 hole #3 losi pistons. Would save quite a bit of time
true there i keep meaning to place a order with him but i not had such great luck getting stuff in the past
Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

can some one tell me
i dont have a set of calpers for some reason they cant be located tonight

what color is the 2.0 front sway bar?

and what color is the rear 1.8mm sway bar?

i have the kit in hand just need some help
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by adubaz7
Hey guys I am very happy with the way my truck is handling pretty much straight out of the box but my competition at the track is very good and I dont know anyone with a light weight scte for me to try out my main questions are how does the weight savings help the way it handles and is there any loss in stability with the weight cut I hear all the time that the Losi is so stable because it is heavy.
It makes everything it does "quicker". It may seem twitchy to some people. It's probably not something mid to lower skilled drivers would want to try. It doesn't make it less stable, just less lethargic. The quickness of how it reacts may make it seem that way to some slower drivers though. Fast reacting isn't as easy to drive as a slower reacting truck...but it's faster in fast hands. If you are a good driver, give it a shot. The good thing about going light is, you can always add the weight back....but where YOU want the weight to be!!

The biggest reason we all went to light weight settups in the beginning, was because of the motor choices we had. Now that suitable 4 pole motors are out, like the Tekin pro 4, Tenshock sc411, and Viper VX4.....weight isn't so critical like it was with the paultry 550 2pole motors. Back then, due to lack of HP, being lightweight was a huge advantage....now that you can get more power than the truck can actually put to the track....there's not such a huge advantage. It's probably a wash actually...as everything you gain with being light...you probably lose when you bang with heavier trucks.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
can some one tell me
i dont have a set of calpers for some reason they cant be located tonight

what color is the 2.0 front sway bar?

and what color is the rear 1.8mm sway bar?

i have the kit in hand just need some help
Biggest black in the front and smallest black for the rear.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by suby723
Biggest black in the front and smallest black for the rear.
thank you much sir
Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

the lightweight vs stock battle

i went lightweight for a few reason
be4 i bought the losi i own a durango

the durango was good but not up to my way or easy to work on so had to go

with my losi truck i was faster. but my truck felt numb so i start taking weight of and then my rc addction kicked in and i got all of the stuff lol
Old 12-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I asked about the stock esc and motor earlier and was really wanting to know if it would hold up to my small club track here its a pretty small technical track with one short strait a way the pic's of the track are at nescar.org but for the price i paid for the truck i can use the esc and motor ells where if i have to up grade them to some thing ells
thanks for any info and this fourm is the reason i bought the truck
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
On another note...

M2C shock pistons, 8 hole chamfered....anybody try those yet? Any feedback?
I've been running them for a while now. Was running 3f4r losi pistons and I like the way the m2c feel better. More plush on the small stuff but good bottoming resistance. Been running 30f and 25 r. Just watched a video of our last club race and the other trucks were bouncing where mine was soaking stuff up. Otherwise I'm running the Lane setup with 3 degree rear toe.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgod
I've been running them for a while now. Was running 3f4r losi pistons and I like the way the m2c feel better. More plush on the small stuff but good bottoming resistance. Been running 30f and 25 r. Just watched a video of our last club race and the other trucks were bouncing where mine was soaking stuff up. Otherwise I'm running the Lane setup with 3 degree rear toe.
Thanks! I'm running 3F4R pistons right now, so I'll go ahead and order up the M2C's and try em out with your oil recommendation
Old 12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i moved from sc10 4x4 to scte....another great truck.
steering seems turn less than the sc10 4x4.
anyone experienced both trucks? or is it just me?
i am just trying to check if my setting is correct.
how do you guys expend the turn ratio?
thanks

(its not DR or EPA for sure...)
Old 12-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rchoi
i moved from sc10 4x4 to scte....another great truck.
steering seems turn less than the sc10 4x4.
anyone experienced both trucks? or is it just me?
i am just trying to check if my setting is correct.
how do you guys expend the turn ratio?
thanks

(its not DR or EPA for sure...)
The SC10 4x4 and the durango both steer sharper if you are talking strickly throw angles. Getting the Losi to steer sharper isn't easy, because if you just grind on the knuckles, the cvd binds. You have to chamfer the inner lip on the front axle stubs, then grind on the knuckles. You can get a few degrees of additional throw out of the mod.

On the track though, I still haven't found a way to get the Losi to finish a turn like the Rango. The Losi just plain scrubs more speed from mid corner to finish on tacky tracks(indoors).
Old 12-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KingHobbies
Hey thx man I appreciate your feedback.
Have a good week,
Best,
V
Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Few questions.

I'm putting together my first roller chasis and I'm a little confused on things I may / may not need. The car is of course a Losi SCTE. Currently I have a Tekin RX8 and Pro4 4600kv motor ready to go in. I'll be using a Futaba 4PKS with R6144FF receiver, still undecided on servo.

I noticed that some people are using BEC's or caps, I noted my RS Pro 17.5 combo for 1/10 touring came with a cap however the RX8 does not. Is a cap or external BEC required or in any way just recommended with the RX8 esc? I'll be running 2S 5000mah 40C batteries if that is of any relevance.

Secondly, what is the recommended gearing for this motor / esc combo? Won't be taking this to the track immediately but looking at doing so in future so I want to gear it to run reasonable temps for the time being and when I start racing I'll gear appropriately for the track.

Also, is an external fan recommended for the Pro4 4600?

Cheers in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.