Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 06:20 PM
  #25636  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 184
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Nice ill get 2
dany5 is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
  #25637  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
i have a serious problem with my setup. running the rx8 and 4600 pro4 in my scte. 12g wire, esc is setup with no current limiter 10deg timing 70% brakes, no drag brakes. with a 14t pinion after 5 minutes my truck came off the track at 217f and my esc had 5 leds showing for internal temp. there is no binding or bad bearings in the truck. what is going on with this setup? my battery is a 60c revtech 6000mah
Ditch the Timing, you don't want or need it. I run the same motor, esc, and pinion and it's running cool everywhere I go.
Ridley is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 07:07 PM
  #25638  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
3/4s 30wt emlitons shocks and call it a day josh
When you start running my lap times, I'll go to your settup

One thing I'll NEVER do with this truck is run the same shock oil front and rear. I'm 100% certain the rear needs to be softer for this truck

Nobody trying out these new-fangled pistons? Usually something new comes out for this truck and peeps have it the next day and post all about it!! Slackers!! I guess I'll be the guinea pig yet again

Or perhaps M2C has finally PO'ed all their remaining customer base, lol
Ridley is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:13 PM
  #25639  
Tech Elite
 
porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: o-h-i-o
Posts: 2,830
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
When you start running my lap times, I'll go to your settup

One thing I'll NEVER do with this truck is run the same shock oil front and rear. I'm 100% certain the rear needs to be softer for this truck

Nobody trying out these new-fangled pistons? Usually something new comes out for this truck and peeps have it the next day and post all about it!! Slackers!! I guess I'll be the guinea pig yet again

Or perhaps M2C has finally PO'ed all their remaining customer base, lol

i am getting there in the lap times

and yeah i think need 30/27.5 but will see what happens

i would get the rc shox ones be4 the m2c ones
porkchop is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
  #25640  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys I am very happy with the way my truck is handling pretty much straight out of the box but my competition at the track is very good and I dont know anyone with a light weight scte for me to try out my main questions are how does the weight savings help the way it handles and is there any loss in stability with the weight cut I hear all the time that the Losi is so stable because it is heavy.
adubaz7 is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
  #25641  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by porkchop View Post

i am getting there in the lap times

and yeah i think need 30/27.5 but will see what happens

i would get the rc shox ones be4 the m2c ones
I thought about the rc shox ones, but they are too extreme IMHO, at least the way the guy that makes them seems to think they need to be set up. I want just a LITTLE bit more rebound vs compression, not a whole lot.....but a bit more than running 4 hole chamfered pistons.

Too much rebound is just as bad, if not worse, than too little...which is what a couple guys I talked to with the RC Shox pistons was experiencing.

So, basically, I was just wondering what guys were using for shock oils to start with, or what seemed to be roughly equivalent to 30 weight with the 4 hole #3 losi pistons. Would save quite a bit of time
Ridley is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:32 PM
  #25642  
Tech Elite
 
porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: o-h-i-o
Posts: 2,830
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I thought about the rc shox ones, but they are too extreme IMHO, at least the way the guy that makes them seems to think they need to be set up. I want just a LITTLE bit more rebound vs compression, not a whole lot.....but a bit more than running 4 hole chamfered pistons.

Too much rebound is just as bad, if not worse, than too little...which is what a couple guys I talked to with the RC Shox pistons was experiencing.

So, basically, I was just wondering what guys were using for shock oils to start with, or what seemed to be roughly equivalent to 30 weight with the 4 hole #3 losi pistons. Would save quite a bit of time
true there i keep meaning to place a order with him but i not had such great luck getting stuff in the past
porkchop is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
  #25643  
Tech Elite
 
porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: o-h-i-o
Posts: 2,830
Default

can some one tell me
i dont have a set of calpers for some reason they cant be located tonight

what color is the 2.0 front sway bar?

and what color is the rear 1.8mm sway bar?

i have the kit in hand just need some help
porkchop is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 PM
  #25644  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by adubaz7 View Post
Hey guys I am very happy with the way my truck is handling pretty much straight out of the box but my competition at the track is very good and I dont know anyone with a light weight scte for me to try out my main questions are how does the weight savings help the way it handles and is there any loss in stability with the weight cut I hear all the time that the Losi is so stable because it is heavy.
It makes everything it does "quicker". It may seem twitchy to some people. It's probably not something mid to lower skilled drivers would want to try. It doesn't make it less stable, just less lethargic. The quickness of how it reacts may make it seem that way to some slower drivers though. Fast reacting isn't as easy to drive as a slower reacting truck...but it's faster in fast hands. If you are a good driver, give it a shot. The good thing about going light is, you can always add the weight back....but where YOU want the weight to be!!

The biggest reason we all went to light weight settups in the beginning, was because of the motor choices we had. Now that suitable 4 pole motors are out, like the Tekin pro 4, Tenshock sc411, and Viper VX4.....weight isn't so critical like it was with the paultry 550 2pole motors. Back then, due to lack of HP, being lightweight was a huge advantage....now that you can get more power than the truck can actually put to the track....there's not such a huge advantage. It's probably a wash actually...as everything you gain with being light...you probably lose when you bang with heavier trucks.
Ridley is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:43 PM
  #25645  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
can some one tell me
i dont have a set of calpers for some reason they cant be located tonight

what color is the 2.0 front sway bar?

and what color is the rear 1.8mm sway bar?

i have the kit in hand just need some help
Biggest black in the front and smallest black for the rear.
suby723 is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:46 PM
  #25646  
Tech Elite
 
porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: o-h-i-o
Posts: 2,830
Default

Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Biggest black in the front and smallest black for the rear.
thank you much sir
porkchop is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
  #25647  
Tech Elite
 
porkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: o-h-i-o
Posts: 2,830
Default

the lightweight vs stock battle

i went lightweight for a few reason
be4 i bought the losi i own a durango

the durango was good but not up to my way or easy to work on so had to go

with my losi truck i was faster. but my truck felt numb so i start taking weight of and then my rc addction kicked in and i got all of the stuff lol
porkchop is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 10:27 PM
  #25648  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nebraska
Posts: 7
Default

I asked about the stock esc and motor earlier and was really wanting to know if it would hold up to my small club track here its a pretty small technical track with one short strait a way the pic's of the track are at nescar.org but for the price i paid for the truck i can use the esc and motor ells where if i have to up grade them to some thing ells
thanks for any info and this fourm is the reason i bought the truck
YardRacer is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 PM
  #25649  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Blackfoot Idaho.
Posts: 3,355
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
On another note...


M2C shock pistons, 8 hole chamfered....anybody try those yet? Any feedback?
I've been running them for a while now. Was running 3f4r losi pistons and I like the way the m2c feel better. More plush on the small stuff but good bottoming resistance. Been running 30f and 25 r. Just watched a video of our last club race and the other trucks were bouncing where mine was soaking stuff up. Otherwise I'm running the Lane setup with 3 degree rear toe.
rcgod is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 11:20 PM
  #25650  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
I've been running them for a while now. Was running 3f4r losi pistons and I like the way the m2c feel better. More plush on the small stuff but good bottoming resistance. Been running 30f and 25 r. Just watched a video of our last club race and the other trucks were bouncing where mine was soaking stuff up. Otherwise I'm running the Lane setup with 3 degree rear toe.
Thanks! I'm running 3F4R pistons right now, so I'll go ahead and order up the M2C's and try em out with your oil recommendation
Ridley is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.