Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i had my rx8 in my eco but im much better with my scte so im swapping my rx8 from my eco into my scte and putting my MMP in my eco. im just looking for a good hotwire set up for my scte and im running a tekin 5.5. any good set ups would be greatly appreciated.
thanks alot in advance ?:@)
Old 08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Were you guys hitting SC nats in CT this weekend as well? I'm going sunday for sure, most likely Sat just looking for a place to crash or at least shower :P I actually thought of just driving my wifes van and sleeping in the rear, if I do that I'll for sure be down on saturday for at least 1 round of qualifiers and the full sunday.
unfortunately cant make it this time...we missed you at the dash..needed someone to compete with Wynn. He made us all look stupid lol. Still had a blast though
Old 08-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What are the stock turnbuckles made of? Aluminum? I bent one of mine and hammered ut back into shape. Anyone try the Lunsford Punishers? I had a set on my old RC10T and liked them.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Another convert here. I just got myself a used SCTE from here on rctech and will be selling my sc10 4x4.
I honestly love the AE but I am looking for more consistency in my lap times and I'm hoping the extra weight
and lower cg will help. I'm also seeing many people doing things to there AE just to get it to drive like the SCTE, ie; saddle packs, clutch basket, adding weight etc.
I had planned to stay patient with the AE but it seems like even if I did get it "dialed"
it would be alot cheaper and easier to get the SCTE, especially with my driving style.
Also, I have a SC10 2wd and it drives very similar to the 4x4, I'm looking for something more planted.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
What are the stock turnbuckles made of? Aluminum? I bent one of mine and hammered ut back into shape. Anyone try the Lunsford Punishers? I had a set on my old RC10T and liked them.

out of powter i bent some of mine too. the lunsford are a great buy. the cheapest i found on ebay are55, but surprisingly my hobby shop had them for 45

i forgot who said to buy the losi 8b 2.0 buckles (either stock or ti) and new rod ends. While you're there consider the dubro ends as salad has had good luck with them.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The stock ones are made of steel. The titanium ones for the 8 2.0 buggy fit great,
Old 08-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i bought a set , the night i got them in (not installed ) i got tboned and had a stocker break, it was reasonable that it broke tho. i got mine for $45 on ebay
Old 08-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

4 more days and it on . its going to my frist time at the nats this weekend
Old 08-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBARB
What are you guys doing for your bumpers are you running stock, trimming stock, or using t-bones?
Thanks
Stock bumpers work great. If you had a first or second generation kit the updated rear bumpers are plenty strong.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone know any tricks to stop the blades off a motor fan from breaking? I've tried the integy heatsink fans. Now I have the castle blower. Fans keep breaking. I bought like 6 fans already. Novak, yeah racing,etc. Was thinking about shoe gooin it.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bustanut666
Anyone know any tricks to stop the blades off a motor fan from breaking? I've tried the integy heatsink fans. Now I have the castle blower. Fans keep breaking. I bought like 6 fans already. Novak, yeah racing,etc. Was thinking about shoe gooin it.
I'm sure it depends on how the fan is mounted, but this is what I do on all my ESCs. I cut a square of drywall mesh tape (fiberglass mesh) and use the fan mounting screws through the mesh to secure it in place.

I actually put two pieces back to back as they have a mild adhesive, and this prevents them from picking up dirt (and makes the mesh a little stronger). ...it doesn't restrict the airflow to any measurable degree, but it protects the fan from pebbles, etc. that used to break my blades.

I haven't broken a fan blade since I started doing this.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Anyone order the 2 stage pistons from RCshox? I just got mine and installed them. Initial impression...good. Definitely different feel from stock.
Reading this just reminded me to check the mail and sure enough, there they were in my mailbox Can't wait to install them. I'm planning on running them in the Surf City Classic this weekend! I can't wait to try them. What weight fluid did you use? I've been thinking about going with 25 wt front and rear since it's an indoor clay track without any really big jumps. I'm normally running 27.5 wt front and rear.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Reading this just reminded me to check the mail and sure enough, there they were in my mailbox Can't wait to install them. I'm planning on running them in the Surf City Classic this weekend! I can't wait to try them. What weight fluid did you use? I've been thinking about going with 25 wt front and rear since it's an indoor clay track without any really big jumps. I'm normally running 27.5 wt front and rear.
35/30 for now...won't know true track performance until this weekend.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
It would be helpful if all the RCShox info could be kept in that thread. According to what I have read your on the right track with the lighter oil to start. If the chassis slaps then go up on oil. On a bigger outdoor track we started with 30 and Bill is running 35 now. I will be doing more testing when I get my Novak back. It probably won't be in time for your race though. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bustanut666
CA glue a small o-ring on top of the fan (shock or diff o-ring). It acts as a shock absorber. Since doing this I haven't lost a fan in 6mo. Before the mod I was replacing every month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.