Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by krash'um
Thanks hacker07, that would be with a 2s right?
Yeah, 2s. Most places to race only allow 2s so that is what my suggestion is based off of.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default need help

i am a long time 1/8th nitro driver and have recently converted to the scte, i cannot get this thing to not nose dive off of jumps. i literally end up upside down when coming off big jumps, help. Is there a trick to not nose dive off every jump, it is killing me, please help?
Old 12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awidz
i am a long time 1/8th nitro driver and have recently converted to the scte, i cannot get this thing to not nose dive off of jumps. i literally end up upside down when coming off big jumps, help. Is there a trick to not nose dive off every jump, it is killing me, please help?
First, make sure everything is bind free. Second, make sure your truck has no drag brake setup. Third, make sure your ride height is set level. Next, throttle control in the air with these is important and remember they are directly connected to the drive train, so if you let go, the wheels slow down and the nose dives. You will likely want to stay on throttle some going off jumps unlike 8th nitro that free wheels when you let off.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default thanks

Originally Posted by hacker07
First, make sure everything is bind free. Second, make sure your truck has no drag brake setup. Third, make sure your ride height is set level. Next, throttle control in the air with these is important and remember they are directly connected to the drive train, so if you let go, the wheels slow down and the nose dives. You will likely want to stay on throttle some going off jumps unlike 8th nitro that free wheels when you let off.
yeah i have some drag brake set, but only a little, but had the same problem when i had none. has to be that i am used to going to the peak of the jump and letting off the throttle when i raced nitro, and if i do that now it flips over in mid air

thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i have some drag brake set, but only a little, but had the same problem when i had none. has to be that i am used to going to the peak of the jump and letting off the throttle when i raced nitro, and if i do that now it flips over in mid air

thanks

yep

on big air i stay wide open on the throttle till i reach the peak of the jump. then i tap the brakes to level it out if i need to
Old 12-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just installed the pro4 4600/rx8.....wow !! Really powerfull compared to my mamba 3800/mmp....really happy

Took it for a drive around the street and loved it right away!
Question: I know there is more power now but I'm seeing some front tires balloning. Should I wait to see how it handles on the dirt or change something now:
Shocks: 30 all around, emulsion style
Springs: blue front and orange rear
Diff: 5f/7c/2r

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Honu
Yup, that's the one. I would take the front end off and do it one time than mess up the knurled nut.
Ok, seems to be tight. I turned the controller on and powered up the car, turned the wheels to the left and right and tried to move them back to center and it was hard as hell. I have a feeling the knurled nut is not loose. When they come lose does it unwind down to the chassis?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
Just installed the pro4 4600/rx8.....wow !! Really powerfull compared to my mamba 3800/mmp....really happy

Took it for a drive around the street and loved it right away!
Question: I know there is more power now but I'm seeing some front tires balloning. Should I wait to see how it handles on the dirt or change something now:
Shocks: 30 all around, emulsion style
Springs: blue front and orange rear
Diff: 5f/7c/2r

Thanks!
Run it on the dirt first and you can adjust from there. 7K is on the heavy side already for what most run.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Casper

If I continue to see front tire balloning, drop to 5 in the center?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
Thanks Casper

If I continue to see front tire balloning, drop to 5 in the center?
Actually going down in the center diff will make the issue worse. Basically what is happening is the front tires are lifting or getting less traciton then the rear tires so the power is being transfered to the front. On dirt the rear tires will loose traction faster then on the street so you get a little better balance of power. Going to high in the center diff can take away steering though so you need to find that balance.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Good, thanks
Found out that the truck was actually at 34mm on the front and 28 rear. Changed it to 30f / 28 r and will test in a few days
Old 12-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yet another TEN-SCTE up and running!

Thanks everyone for posting on this thread. I got so much information from this thread and the forum.

So I have yet another TEN-SCTE up and running. Nothing special to look at, as it seems to be basically what everyone else is running, maybe a few tiny differences

Losi TEN-SCTE, Losi TLR tuning kit, Tekin RX8, Tekin Pro4 4600, Hitec HS-7955TG servo, Airtronics/Sanwa MT-4 w/ telemetry.

I am coming from a mostly stock Slash 4x4, so this should be an awesome truck to race. I'm so stoked.

A couple questions now that it actually runs.

1. I always hear slight ticking noises coming from the steering servo when I am not even doing anything. Very very minor adjustment it is doing? Is this normal?

2. How far should the throw be left to right on the steering? The servo all the way one way then the other is a set thing that I cannot increase beyond what it is capable of (ie when it was off and I was aligning it for center I knew the max left and max right, but once in the Losi, it doesnt go to max either way completely).

3. I used the stock arm that came on the losi. I took off the one on the servo and used that yellowish adapter (servo saver is that?) and then just hooked it up as you see in the pics. Is that correct or should I be using a longer arm thing?

4. No need for the receiver on/off switch right? I just use the one on my RX8 and all seems good to go

5. RX8 doesnt seem to like to do reverse sometimes? I stop, say reverse and I see all the lights blink at once (when on max reverse) yet it wont go, then I try again or twice, and it does. Some adjustment?

And now some Losi TEN-SCTE pr0n.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have copied all the setup sheets from page1......
But, i havent seen one with the specs for the front anti-Squat (aluminum pivot supports).....is there more setups somewhere else ....i
guess i need to look on losi web site.....Duh!.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Setting the ride height appropriately (30mm or under) might just do the trick! It definitely helped me when I had this same problem. If there's not enough droop in the rear of the car, I found that the car nose dives like crazy. Once I had plenty of droop, now the cars flies great.

FYI - I adjusted the shock ends about 2 whole turns to give even more shock travel (more droop). Also, for the rear shocks, I'm using the middle hole on the lower mount (gives more droop than the outer whole).

I hope this helps fix the nose-diving problem like it did for me.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

[QUOTE=AgroAMG;9999859]Thanks everyone for posting on this thread. I got so much information from this thread and the forum.

2. How far should the throw be left to right on the steering? The servo all the way one way then the other is a set thing that I cannot increase beyond what it is capable of (ie when it was off and I was aligning it for center I knew the max left and max right, but once in the Losi, it doesnt go to max either way completely).

you dont have the steering geometry correct then.....it should throw the same distance each way.......

disconnect the servo horn....measure the turnbuckle lengths with a caliper,make sure they are the same lenght........

Put them back on and turn on the truck..make sure the servo setting is centered on your radio......hold the tires striaght and see if the servo horn will slide on the servo........if not adjust it until it will with the tires striaght......you should end up with more throw than you need on each side......having to set endpoints on your radio......if that applies......and should have the same through from side to side.......

hope that help's

p.s. you can check your geometry on a setup board!.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.