Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Yes mine does it too.... I have the new kit springs, TLR Chasi, 3/3/1 difs...Emulsion shocks... 32;5 front 27.5 rear , had the 5.5 Tekin but sold it and a 4600 Pro4 is going in. Yes, it's only this car that jumps this way. Out of the 4 car's I run. So I made sure all berings are free, all difs smooth, gear mesh on the loose side so as no to bind. Even giving full thottle in the air still can not recover from donky flipping %40 of the time. Hoping the lighter and stronger motor helps me keep the front end up and the tuning kit is on the way so it should make it better handling. What do you guy's think ...this happens over the big tripple at my local track.

There is an incert in the difs... metal sleve the outdrive passes through. Need to glue it in to seal it. then aply black greese to the o rings and shaft.
Mine has always jumped perfect until this weekend. It just started doing it out of nowhere. I changed nothing in the setup either. Its driving me crazy. Frikin donkey kickin rear end. I though it might be air in the rear shocks but I pulled them apart drained and refilled. Wondering if its an issue with needing a shock rebuild. Possibly a bad shaft seal pulling air. Before I couldnt make this thing jump bad if I wanted to. Now its getting annoying ass over elbow almost every time. Everything feels smooth as butter too. Once I pull apart the front end tonight Ill do a detailed inspection and hopefully find something out of the ordinary.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowroad
move the battery all the way back and blip that throttle like a 1/8th car.
battery tray is already all the way back.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Mine has always jumped perfect until this weekend. It just started doing it out of nowhere. I changed nothing in the setup either. Its driving me crazy. Frikin donkey kickin rear end. I though it might be air in the rear shocks but I pulled them apart drained and refilled. Wondering if its an issue with needing a shock rebuild. Possibly a bad shaft seal pulling air. Before I couldnt make this thing jump bad if I wanted to. Now its getting annoying ass over elbow almost every time. Everything feels smooth as butter too. Once I pull apart the front end tonight Ill do a detailed inspection and hopefully find something out of the ordinary.
Are your diffs leaky?
I've had my rear diff leak completely out and go unnoticed.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Are your diffs leaky?
I've had my rear diff leak completely out and go unnoticed.
Not really I CAed the inserts when I first got the truck and have never had leaking problems. Could this be a ride height issue? Its indoor on a carpet track. So it might be possible the rear is slapping the jump when going over??
Old 10-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Not really I CAed the inserts when I first got the truck and have never had leaking problems. Could this be a ride height issue? Its indoor on a carpet track. So it might be possible the rear is slapping the jump when going over??
That plus excessive rebound on your shocks will do it. Are you running the shocks bladder or emulsion? If you're running them bladder, the second any air gets in there at all, they go way soft and your 30wt is actually acting like 15wt which will make the truck very bouncy.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hey guys can someone post a link to the carbon fiber piece that has the fan and center diff cover all
together. I have searched but cannot find it. Thank you
Here ya go.
http://www.ftwrc.com/CarbonFiber.html
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Check the rear arms for binding, especialy if you made a toe or anti-squat adjustment recently... If the arms are bound up it'll be nose down on every jump....
Old 10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b
Thank you very much
Old 10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

FOr thoes who are having the rear end passing up the front in the air, it could be the jump itself. If it is a short abrubt take off where the front leaves befor the rear is even beginning to compress that will do it every time.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default new truck

I think I saw a new rtr truck which come with lighten chassis on nitro house web site for sale is this true ?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flbugboy
I think I saw a new rtr truck which come with lighten chassis on nitro house web site for sale is this true ?
They sell the SCTe with the bump chassis.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
FOr thoes who are having the rear end passing up the front in the air, it could be the jump itself. If it is a short abrubt take off where the front leaves befor the rear is even beginning to compress that will do it every time.
My problem is on the exact same track I run on every time. Have never had a problem there. So I would say it cant be the jump or jumps as I been over them tons of times with no problems.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
Check the rear arms for binding, especialy if you made a toe or anti-squat adjustment recently... If the arms are bound up it'll be nose down on every jump....
+1
More times than not when a guy is saying that the donkey effect just started, it is because of binding in the suspension.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My problem is on the exact same track I run on every time. Have never had a problem there. So I would say it cant be the jump or jumps as I been over them tons of times with no problems.
I had a similar issue last year, trucked worked fine then a few laps in came the nose diving. Ended up being a front wheel bearing going bad, just enough to cause the nose down.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Cool Salid your avitar freeks me out.... hahahaha

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I had a similar issue last year, trucked worked fine then a few laps in came the nose diving. Ended up being a front wheel bearing going bad, just enough to cause the nose down.
Thank you all for the input.... i'm going through the truck this week with a fine tooth comb. My 4600 Pro4 is on the way... I'm going to check all the berings and difs. Rebuild the shocks again and i'm going to get this baby to fly right! All your tips are spot on and with so meny things it can be i apreciate all the tips to refresh my burnt mind!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.