Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
He sold it.
Ah ! I see said the blind man !
Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Fellas,i have been reading alot in here....Great thread by the way alot of good tips on the truck....

Anyway,when everyone is talking about Shock Springs,Colors...

I purchased the Losi spring kits and alll of them are black with colored marks,dots on one spot ....
Are these the same springs everyone is using?

thanks
Donnie.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
Fellas,i have been reading alot in here....Great thread by the way alot of good tips on the truck....

I purchased the Losi spring kits and alll of them are black with colored marks,dots on one spot ....

thanks
Donnie.
Yes those are the springs the team is using. They work much better for the SCTE then the stock Ten springs do.

Originally Posted by Titian2010
Hey Shane haven't seen you at the practices. Wanted you to watch me run and look over my set up to tweak anything I missed. And with the sc classes growing at rev during Trophy races, I got it confused with the jbrl being part of it. But I'll forsure race the nxt sc race there along with buggy.

Casper thanks for the rules. Ill make sure to fallow the jbrl forsure nxt year. My racing skill should be better. I was just out driving before and taking jumps to whoo myself but now I'm learning how to stay in the groove and fallow a line for consistent lap times. I started to follow and did the first two nitro runs but for a beginner/slash novice it's kinda no fun. Got sum experience in but running a sportsman class and to get lapped 2-3x's buy amatuer racers who bagged down to win sucks. But it's all good. Nxt year I'll be ready lol

Any how I'll post a pic below to show area where I need help. First, on the last big jump I'm some times still nose diving but not as bad and often after I went gold springs. Nxt, landing that jump and also clearing the big step up, I hear my chassis smacking. Casper you said that's ok so now I feel better but still kinda worried about screws coming loose and blowing electronics. Nxt is coming down the straight and breaking to make the turn. Seems like when I get on the throttle(same I do with driving my buggy and truggy) I spin out. I've seen some others(sc10 4wd) take that corner with ease with min braking and rolling over. What am I missing. And yes it could be the driver lol heard that before but any help or setup would be great.

What setup you running? Moving the bottom of the rear shocks out on the arms seems to help with exit traction. Antisquat changes if you have the adjustable pivots can help some as well. Being smooth in looser conditions will reduce wheels spin and help with better control. Depends on the available traction.

As for the screws coming loose. The bottom ones should all be in plastic and should not be a big deal. Any screws that go into metal should have some blue thread lock on them. Just like any RC you should check your screws ever once in a while but this should not be a huge concern.

Also remember you electric car will have a lot more bottom end power then your gas car so it is easier to over power the car coming out of the corners.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

yes, those are the new springs out as of now.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up New springs, cut the shock bladders,TLR Chasi

Originally Posted by Factory Seal

thanks
Donnie.
Also.... so dont cry about this but, on a loose track I run.... 3/3/1 difs..... 1000 in the rear keeps my rear end behind me where it belongs. Try it...
Old 09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
Yes those are the springs the team is using. They work much better for the SCTE then the stock Ten springs do.
thanks,Casper!......

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Also.... so dont cry about this but, on a loose track I run.... 3/3/1 difs..... 1000 in the rear keeps my rear end behind me where it belongs. Try it...
Thanks for the advice......i will try that next summer.....i'm trying to prepare for Nashville,indoor offroad season......starting with 5,5,3......

high bite ,blue Groove.......gonna be Off-da-Chain!!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,
What version of the pro4 is everyone using and gearing? Also does anyone know who has them in stock?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captaindemo17
yes, those are the new springs out as of now.
I'm sure there will be more soon.........kinda like computers,cell phones.....

Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

What setup you running? Moving the bottom of the rear shocks out on the arms seems to help with exit traction. Antisquat changes if you have the adjustable pivots can help some as well. Being smooth in looser conditions will reduce wheels spin and help with better control. Depends on the available traction.

As for the screws coming loose. The bottom ones should all be in plastic and should not be a big deal. Any screws that go into metal should have some blue thread lock on them. Just like any RC you should check your screws ever once in a while but this should not be a huge concern.

Also remember you electric car will have a lot more bottom end power then your gas car so it is easier to over power the car coming out of the corners.
I'm running Casey pecks set up but started earlier on the Aaron set up. http://forum.losi.com/showthread.php?t=6682
It's working for me and drives great. Just the minor thing i stated before. But I'll take the above advice and try the stop then turn method that's advise as above. I'm use to staying on throttle with on power turning so I'll switch it up. All the tips that were giving are great and noted. Ill leave my other rc's at nxt practice and focus on this till I'll get it dialed. Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbcts
Hi guys,
What version of the pro4 is everyone using and gearing? Also does anyone know who has them in stock?

Thanks!
4600kv 14t

yesterday rc hobbies had 6 off them .
Old 09-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
14 Pro 4's last night at weekly club racing, 1 jammin, 1 AE, 1 Couldn't tell maybe a slash 4 wheel, 11 Losi's
Originally Posted by dany5
4600kv 14t

Thanks for the gearing tip just got one today.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, my losi has been very loose latley in the rear at my indoor clay track. I am running stock grease and black springs front orange in rear and stock oils and pistons , also running thickest swaybars up front and sofest in the rear. If i switch the sway bar sizes to soft front and thick rear will that give me better traction but less sterring? And planning on putting 5-7-3 soon.
Thanks.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dany5
4600kv 14t

Great thanks! If you don't mind, what temps are you running and what brand pinion would be the best? I'm currently running the ofna 3mm pinions. If I can use the same ones I already have them
Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbcts
Great thanks! If you don't mind, what temps are you running and what brand pinion would be the best? I'm currently running the ofna 3mm pinions. If I can use the same ones I already have them
You have a problem, the Pro4 is 5mm shaft. If you buy a 13 through 15 you will basically have it covered. I am running a 14 tooth and after 8 minutes I am about 170.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mjealey
You have a problem, the Pro4 is 5mm shaft. If you buy a 13 through 15 you will basically have it covered. I am running a 14 tooth and after 8 minutes I am about 170.
That's what I needed to know! Thanks again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.