Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
They don't race the SCTE at the nitro JBRL. I have not run at Revelation as I don't race gas and I am not aware of them racing electric short course but I run mostly at OCRC and the JBRL tracks. JBRL finals for electric were we have consistantly had at least 2 heats of 4wd shortcourse is at Hot Rod Hobbies on Oct 29th. Never shy away from approching the team drivers. Drake is one of the nicest guys I know and even when he looks busy is has always made time to talk to people. He will work and talk at the same time! A lot of us run the Aaron lane setup and really like it. I have not run it in conditions like Revelation but i would still start there as it worked great at Pegasus.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodID=LOSB0127
Oh ok didn't know the jbrl nitro didn't have a sc class. Round 2 I could of sworn they ran sct's but I could be wrong. I have this memory of me thinking why are they running sc electric at a nitro race. But it could of been E buggy lol and the thought was before I gave electric a chance. I gotta start traveling out to smaller tracks and giving it a chance also. I'll prob get more into when nitro dies down due to weather(rain). I live 10 mins away from pagasus and eventhough i get most of my parts from there i have yet ran on the track. And you're very correct, Drake is very nice. I see him, Rhonda and his crew at practice daily and they give support to anyone.
Thanks and I'll try the setup
Old 09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Peg has a pro4 class on there race nights as well so if you want to try them they have had a pretty strong showing for that class I am hearing.

Here are the JBRL nitro rules.

http://www.jimmybabcock.com/Nitro_Rules.htm

No SC classes. They all run in the electric series.

http://www.jimmybabcock.com/Electric_Rules.htm
Old 09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Prophet

[QUOTE=NITROALM;9724160]
I think it will do fine. We have some pretty big jumps with hard landings on our "10th scale tracks"
Mmmm Something simular here...
Nice Pic Casper

Nice Casper pick I don't remember seeing that one yet! I really like that picture as Ryan is the guy standing in the background and this project is his baby!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
Salad, can you post the overall length of the vx4 motors (without shaft)?
Same as a 540 can, the VX4R 540L is a little longer, when I get one in front of my I will post up the dimensions.

Nice Casper pick I don't remember seeing that one yet! I really like that picture as Ryan is the guy standing in the background and this project is his baby!
Casper always wondered how you came up with the name?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:20 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

They don't race the SCTE at the nitro JBRL. I have not run at Revelation as I don't race gas and I am not aware of them racing electric short course but I run mostly at OCRC and the JBRL tracks. JBRL finals for electric were we have consistantly had at least 2 heats of 4wd shortcourse is at Hot Rod Hobbies on Oct 29th. Never shy away from approching the team drivers. Drake is one of the nicest guys I know and even when he looks busy is has always made time to talk to people. He will work and talk at the same time! A lot of us run the Aaron lane setup and really like it. I have not run it in conditions like Revelation but i would still start there as it worked great at Pegasus.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodID=LOSB0127
They always have a heat of electric short course at Revs for their "trophy" races. It's a fun track to race short course

It's usually 95% electric 4x4 and the other 5% are 2wd and I've even seen a nitro converted SCTE
Old 09-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Casper always wondered how you came up with the name?
When I started racing way back in the day a lot of us raced with nicknames. Just kind of how it was. Probably 25% of my club signed up with nicknames. Casper was was of the "nicer" nicknames I had growing up being a really white guy! Just stuck!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:47 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SaladFork
the VX4R 540L is a little longer, when I get one in front of my I will post up the dimensions.
Thanks, looking forward to it!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

When I started racing way back in the day a lot of us raced with nicknames. Just kind of how it was. Probably 25% of my club signed up with nicknames. Casper was was of the "nicer" nicknames I had growing up being a really white guy! Just stuck!

I have been deemed "Black Knight"

my real car is blacked out.

you could never guess what color my truck is.

Alot of the guys say its funny because when we have our mains we usually wait until dark and race under the lights, they say they dont see my truck coming and it just all of a sudden appears lol

track

just for fun..

also Casper:

what shock oil/pistons do you run up front
right under my front diff my chassis takes a beating because i nose dive a little and slap the ground on every big jump we have (8th scale track)
Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Prophet

I run the lane setup. you will get chassis wear. It is inevitable. The front where the chassis bends and the rear tail part are the highest wear parts of the chassis. Unless you track is super abrassive you should easily get a season out of any alum chassis.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Lucid
I have been deemed "Black Knight"

my real car is blacked out.

you could never guess what color my truck is.

Alot of the guys say its funny because when we have our mains we usually wait until dark and race under the lights, they say they dont see my truck coming and it just all of a sudden appears lol

track

also Casper:

what shock oil/pistons do you run up front
right under my front diff my chassis takes a beating because i nose dive a little and slap the ground on every big jump we have (8th scale track)
You the man driving a black body at night. I don't mind the "casper" nickname as it expects me to have a white body which you can see at night!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

any why or when the latest date is now for the rtr scte to be release for sure? it said early october, them mid, late and now it says november? dont knwo if i can wait any longer and just get the rango i havent heard any news about pirates high jacking any china vessels.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
any why or when the latest date is now for the rtr scte to be release for sure? it said early october, them mid, late and now it says november? dont knwo if i can wait any longer and just get the rango i havent heard any news about pirates high jacking any china vessels.
Whats the big deal anyway ? You already own a built up SCTE with all the go fast goodies ? The RTR doesnt have anything special on it besides the redesigned internal diff gears ?
Old 09-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
They always have a heat of electric short course at Revs for their "trophy" races. It's a fun track to race short course

It's usually 95% electric 4x4 and the other 5% are 2wd and I've even seen a nitro converted SCTE
Hey Shane haven't seen you at the practices. Wanted you to watch me run and look over my set up to tweak anything I missed. And with the sc classes growing at rev during Trophy races, I got it confused with the jbrl being part of it. But I'll forsure race the nxt sc race there along with buggy.

Casper thanks for the rules. Ill make sure to fallow the jbrl forsure nxt year. My racing skill should be better. I was just out driving before and taking jumps to whoo myself but now I'm learning how to stay in the groove and fallow a line for consistent lap times. I started to follow and did the first two nitro runs but for a beginner/slash novice it's kinda no fun. Got sum experience in but running a sportsman class and to get lapped 2-3x's buy amatuer racers who bagged down to win sucks. But it's all good. Nxt year I'll be ready lol

Any how I'll post a pic below to show area where I need help. First, on the last big jump I'm some times still nose diving but not as bad and often after I went gold springs. Nxt, landing that jump and also clearing the big step up, I hear my chassis smacking. Casper you said that's ok so now I feel better but still kinda worried about screws coming loose and blowing electronics. Nxt is coming down the straight and breaking to make the turn. Seems like when I get on the throttle(same I do with driving my buggy and truggy) I spin out. I've seen some others(sc10 4wd) take that corner with ease with min braking and rolling over. What am I missing. And yes it could be the driver lol heard that before but any help or setup would be great.

Last edited by Titian2010; 09-30-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Titian2010
Hey Shane haven't seen you at the practices. Wanted you to watch me run and look over my set up to tweak anything I missed. And with the sc classes growing at rev during Trophy races, I got it confused with the jbrl being part of it. But I'll forsure race the nxt sc race there along with buggy.

Casper thanks for the rules. Ill make sure to fallow the jbrl forsure nxt year. My racing skill should be better. I was just out driving before and taking jumps to whoo myself but now I'm learning how to stay in the groove and fallow a line for consistent lap times. I started to follow and did the first two nitro runs but for a beginner/slash novice it's kinda no fun. Got sum experience in but running a sportsman class and to get lapped 2-3x's buy amatuer racers who bagged down to win sucks. But it's all good. Nxt year I'll be ready lol

Any how I'll post a pic below to show area where I need help. First, on the last big jump I'm some times still nose diving but not as bad and often after I went gold springs. Nxt, landing that jump and also clearing the big step up, I hear my chassis smacking. Casper you said that's ok so now I feel better but still kinda worried about screws coming loose and blowing electronics. Nxt is coming down the straight and breaking to make the turn. Seems like when I get on the throttle(same I do with driving my buggy and truggy) I spin out. I've seen some others(sc10 4wd) take that corner with ease with min breaking and rolling over. What am I missing. And yes it could be the driver lol heard that before but any help or setup would be great.

one of my problems was learning to slow down, i always wanted to hit the corners kick the rear end out and slide through the turns dukes of hazard style.

a couple of the local fast guys at my track (who also drive Losi's) told me to just slow down in the turn and take the turn correctly.
once you mess up the entrance to the turn, you have messed up the exit of the turn.
if you lose half a second in a turn by coming in to hot, you can lose alot of time in a 6 min heat, not to mention a 10 min main

once I slowed down going into corners i felt ALOT slower, but I cut 4-5 seconds off my lap times
Old 09-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Whats the big deal anyway ? You already own a built up SCTE with all the go fast goodies ? The RTR doesnt have anything special on it besides the redesigned internal diff gears ?
He sold it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.