Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Me too I am thinking of something like a onroad sedan with the battery on the chassis I don't know if it can handle the bounding of offroad.

I like that idea.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
i used them in an indoor clay track (hard packed, dry) and they worked wonders

+1

They hook up nice on indoor clay.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
I had MC2 adapters, JUNK IMO

I have a set of the 810 axle and hubs, I'm goona install one and do some measureing.

@ MXR300,
Dont know about you but I'm 43 and have ben in this hobby nearly 30yrs, I prob forgot more about RC then you'll ever know.
I might have ben a bit of a smart azz in my post but was only stating I wished you mentioned the rims purchased were "Slash" rims rather than just rattling off the back spacing.
Whats done is done.
You're probably right. It's all good.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i used them in an indoor clay track (hard packed, dry) and they worked wonders
Thanks, might I ask what you were using before that your comparing the
AKA Rebars to and what differences your getting over previous tire.
On indoor clay I'm using Wishbones soft & super soft, Barcodes green
depending on track conditions and the feel I'm looking for.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Aaron Lane setup

Does anyone have a link to the Aaron Lane setup other than the one on the TLR site?
Thanx
Old 08-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Hey im still lost on the off backspacing thing.. i know the scte can use a zero offset wheel.. so with a 31mm backspacing.. are you saying the SCte is wider stock?
Like many things in RC, the terminology is different than it is in 1:1. Nobody uses the term "backspacing" in RC because wheel width is universal, everyone goes by "offset". Even at that, RC is offset from the outside of the wheel, not the centerline as in 1:1.

So, when someone says the losi wheels are "zero offset", that means the wheels have the hexes as flush to the outside of the wheel as possible. If a wheel is offset by say, 9mm, like a slash wheel, that means the hex face has been moved towards the center of the wheel 9mm.

What you have here in this thread is a guy trying to incorrectly use correct 1:1 terminology in RC and getting everyone confused.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I would try the casey peck setup from the dirt nitro challenge as that is the closest track to what you are looking for. I can tell you I tried what has become are standard starting setup which is the aaron lane setup with the rear bottom shock in the middle and the battery back at revelation and it worked well.

The diffs come filled with grease. What you put in them is usually dependant on the type of track you run on. Smoother tracks I would use either 7/5/3 or 5/5/3. Looser tracks I would get into 5/5/3 or 5/3/3. Some have gone as low as 3/3/2 but a lot of power is lost so have really good batteries for this.
Do u have the link to the aaron lane setup sheet? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Thx
Old 08-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
Do u have the link to the aaron lane setup sheet? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Thx
Google 'LOSI SCTE' and then click the first link, then resources. You'll see Aaron's sheet on the bottom of the page.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
Thanks, might I ask what you were using before that your comparing the
AKA Rebars to and what differences your getting over previous tire.
On indoor clay I'm using Wishbones soft & super soft, Barcodes green
depending on track conditions and the feel I'm looking for.
Chuck, I was using Green Bar Codes prior to the Soft Rebars. They seem to have more forward and side bite than the bar codes, not to mention it lasts more than 2 days. They look like they're brand new after one race day, meanwhile my green bar codes showed heavy wear.

I love the tires so much that I'm switching my Bar Codes/Beams/Suburbs on my 2WD (rears at least) to the Rebars. I've already switched my BK Bars/Taper Pins on my buggy to them.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro0619

I googled it for ya, heres the link.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...Lane-JBRL4.pdf
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
^^^^^^This is correct^^^^^^^

Kerby, the wheels I ordered have a 25mm backspacing. The SCTE wheels have a 34mm backspacing wich is a 9mm difference on each side. That makes it 1.8cm wider from outside to outside. Look at this picture and see if you can figure it out then let me know if you still doubt it.

Originally Posted by Ridley
Like many things in RC, the terminology is different than it is in 1:1. Nobody uses the term "backspacing" in RC because wheel width is universal, everyone goes by "offset". Even at that, RC is offset from the outside of the wheel, not the centerline as in 1:1.

So, when someone says the losi wheels are "zero offset", that means the wheels have the hexes as flush to the outside of the wheel as possible. If a wheel is offset by say, 9mm, like a slash wheel, that means the hex face has been moved towards the center of the wheel 9mm.

What you have here in this thread is a guy trying to incorrectly use correct 1:1 terminology in RC and getting everyone confused.
If you're talking about me using incorrect terminology you may want to let nitrohouse know because the picture I posted showing what "backspace" is came off of the nitrohouse website.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Chuck, I was using Green Bar Codes prior to the Soft Rebars. They seem to have more forward and side bite than the bar codes, not to mention it lasts more than 2 days. They look like they're brand new after one race day, meanwhile my green bar codes showed heavy wear.

I love the tires so much that I'm switching my Bar Codes/Beams/Suburbs on my 2WD (rears at least) to the Rebars. I've already switched my BK Bars/Taper Pins on my buggy to them.
Thats the info. I needed Thanks... going to see if I can locate some..
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I was tearing my car down since my transmitter is down and in for service.

Im trying to remove the front cv driveline. I took the set screw out but it wont budge. Am i missing something to disconect?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the link Chuck, but I cannot see the marked information on the sheet from the Losi site. I dont have access to a Pc right now so I am on my IPhone. When you pull up any setup sheet on the Losi site on an IPhone, the sheet shows up but the marks indicating setup do not show up.

Maybe someone has a filled out sheet they could scan and copy here.
Again, thanks for everyones help.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Hey guys,

I was tearing my car down since my transmitter is down and in for service.

Im trying to remove the front cv driveline. I took the set screw out but it wont budge. Am i missing something to disconect?
just wedge a flat head screwdriver between the case/bearing and the cv coupler, it will come off. i just had to do this on saturday. mine was stuck on there pretty good too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.