Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadKam
i appreciate your help. thanks for not making me feel like the noob that I am
No prob.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi TLR 22 help

Hi guys
I have my TLR for indoor carpet racing and have had no problems with over heating.
I have a speed passion 6.5 motor and a speed passion v2 pro controller.
I race indoors with a 21 pinion. On my track.
Well the prob is the other day i took it over my field with outdoor grass tyres and kept the set up the same as above. And with in 2 min my motor was fried and the conectors on the motor, were unsoldered. The motor has had it. Please advice what happed, the speed controller was set on all standard settings.
Thanks guys
Old 07-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
There are no issues with running the Rs or RS Pro in mod. I have been racing/testing with Savox servos which are some of the "offenders" on purpose. I used an RS with a 9.5 Redline and a Savox LP servo with no glitching issues or cogging. I use Spektrum radio systems exclusively as well.

Now if you do experience cogging issues simply use a good servo from the start. Airtronics, JR, Hitec and many others work just fine without issues or the needs to add a cap to the radio system.
Agree 100%, i run tekin rs with lrp 8.5 and savox lp servo and not one issue on glitching or clogging. I also run spektrum and the spektrum glitch buster. I dont think i need it but its a nice insurance. Real reliable so far to me.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

[QUOTE=ifuonlyknew;9355617]You know that you are wasting your time with the shock pump if you are running emulsion style shocks. The pump is designed to get the air out of the oil, just to put air back in the oil. I use a shock pump, but build my shocks with bladders. I built my kit at a big race and Matt Chambers was there. I handed him my shocks and he said they were some of the best feeling 22 shocks that he had felt.

Its actually quite the opposite, i'm saving time using the shock pump. If you only knew how nice my shocks come out
Old 07-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gregcool
Hi guys
I have my TLR for indoor carpet racing and have had no problems with over heating.
Well the prob is the other day i took it over my field with outdoor grass tyres and kept the set up the same as above. And with in 2 min my motor was fried and the conectors on the motor, were unsoldered. The motor has had it. Please advice what happed, the speed controller was set on all standard settings.
Thanks guys
Maybe your capacitor came unsoldered.
im running a 23/76 with a 7.5, it gets kinda hot after a race, so i would say you're gearing isn't bad, maybe the extra drag of the grass was too much of a strain on the motor
Old 07-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gregcool
Hi guys
Thanks guys
I 'm gonna guess either lots more wheel spin in the dirt or lots more drag in the grass. Either one will get a motor hot quick. Possibly more full throttle action too. When racing, you'll notice you almost never pull the trigger very far (especially with a 6.5) maybe never even all the way with that much motor.
Like I said, those are my guesses anyway.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x7tristan
I race on asphalt and I burn through soft compound/firm insert front tires. After a 15min main the treads look like they have about 40% life left. I even have a complete bald spot about the size of a quarter. Other than my driving style (pretty heavy with the on power steering) what can I change to prolong the life of my front tires?

Mid motor, shorty lipo
27.5 shock weight all around
White springs in rear
Orange springs in front
3.5 LRC toe block
Rear shocks laid down all the way
Front shocks use bottom outside holes
0 camber all around
Every thing else stock
Interesting you use 0 camber. I've got 3 degrees front and 2 rear. I run on dusty concrete with astro jumps. Less grip than the local 1/8th clay track! Most guys are just running soft scrubs or suburbs with no reduction in grip once the pins have worn away.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I have to agree, I haven't seen an aftermarket body for this car that even came close to replacing the original one.
This one is really nice and clean.

I also saw their under trays which are also very nice for $10 on ebay.
Look forward to seeing the wings too, looks like they are gonna do well with their products.
Thanks for the feedback and kind words. I will pass them on to the owner so he knows he has some fans from this thread. There are plans for a 2nd body for the 22 that I am helping design. I will be sure to post pics once it is ready.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
Why why why why why why are you running a 22 on asphalt? I just have to ask again. Why are you running a 22 on asphalt? I feel sorry for your car. If there are any jumps your chassis has to look like a cheese grater.
i guess u were never around when the parking lot racing days were big? now that was fun!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh
i guess u were never around when the parking lot racing days were big? now that was fun!
Iv been racing 2wd offroad since the 80s.. never heard of or seen off-road parking lot races. They have certainly never been "big".
Old 07-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
it's the jump as I was having the same issue at Norcal last weekend.
Whew... Good to know!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 22 On Asphalt

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
You know that you are wasting your time with the shock pump if you are running emulsion style shocks. The pump is designed to get the air out of the oil, just to put air back in the oil. I use a shock pump, but build my shocks with bladders. I built my kit at a big race and Matt Chambers was there. I handed him my shocks and he said they were some of the best feeling 22 shocks that he had felt.

Why why why why why why are you running a 22 on asphalt? That question out of the way, have you tried slicks? Or a very hard compound treaded tire like Losi silver or JC White. The harder compound will help the tread last longer. If you go to slicks (smart idea) I would run the softest compound to make up for the lack of tread. Red Losi, Green JC, and if you are a ninja (although if you're running a 22 on asphalt I seriously doubt you are), take some M4 Pro-line 4wd fronts and cut them and re-glue them so they are as wide as a 2wd front. Although a wider front tire like a 4wd front, run as a slick might work just a bit better. I just have to ask again. Why are you running a 22 on asphalt? I feel sorry for your car. If there are any jumps your chassis has to look like a cheese grater.
I believe x7tristan is talking about The Track in Gaithersburg MD. It used to be the best carpet track on the east coast, then went to indoor asphalt. On-road is pretty much dead so they started racing off-road. It's pretty cool, the jumps are all wooden and most are carpeted. There are really not any good 1/10th electric dirt tracks in the area. Plus during the fall, winter, and early spring there are usually about 40-60 entries for a Sunday club race. Check out their fb page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Tr...77260528964053
Old 07-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Iv been racing 2wd offroad since the 80s.. never heard of or seen off-road parking lot races. They have certainly never been "big".
Captain Know It All strikes again! They're conversation had nothing to do with you but of course you had to tell them they are mistaken because YOU have never seen parking lot off road races so they must not have existed anywhere in the country... EVER.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Shocker
Captain Know It All strikes again!
Capt. Shocker contributing as usual!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Lord

Question for you "shocker"... if you flip a car upside-down onto it's lid over and over and over... and end up bending a shock post... what would you say it is, faulty/soft shock posts, or an issue with driving?

Waiting for your answer.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 07-07-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.