Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

I've stumbled into a few Hyper 10sc rollers that I have really been enjoying fixing up and messing around with. ...And now the Hyper 10TT has come to my attention...and the fact that they share Many of the same parts. So...A thought I have now is to "convert" one of the 10sc rollers into a 10TT!

From my limited understanding I know I would need a new Chassis, Shock mounts, Shorter front shocks, Wing mount etc., Body mounts, body, Bumpers (though I would get Tbone version). Is there anything else I'm missing?

It looks like a very cool platform and one I could have a lot of fun with!

TIA

Blue
Old 12-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I just went through the parts list and here's what I've got for everything needed to convert a 10SC into a 10TT:
Old 12-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Bill! Looks expensive when it is listed out like that but I’m hoping I can find some components for less...and it will probably be a slow burn process to spread out the costs. For example I just picked up a brand new chassis for $13 on eBay!

cheers,

blue
billdelong likes this.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Also what are good wheel tire combos for this little monster... as I’m building this one up I don’t feel the need to use the stock ones.

cheers,

blue
Old 12-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

I have only ran the stock wheels on mine, but I did get a used 10TT once that had 4WD Slash wheels on it which were compatible, you can also use any SCT wheel from the HPI Blitz and Kyosho SC6 too.

As far as ST wheels ago I helped a local run some Associated T5 wheels, however we had to use 12mm shims inside the hex on the front wheels to get them to clear the hubs properly:
https://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acc...cessories.html
Blue in VT likes this.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, I'm back with an update and some more questions...

While we were slammed with a major snow storm here in Vermont I took the down time as an opportunity to finally get started on my Hyper TT build. As mentioned above I'm using a significant amount of spare parts I've scavenged off of Hyper 10sc rollers and supplemented those with TT specific pieces from Ebay (using the list that Billdelong provided above)...luckily I found a seller who had parted out an RTR TT and I got good deals on most of the bits. I still need to pick up a body and I'm working on the electronics as well...but more on that later.

The build took me the better part of an afternoon but I really enjoyed the process...I also took this opportunity to use Team KnK stainless hardware throughout the build and it went together quite easily.

Once the Slider was complete I started looking for electronics!

Cheers,

Blue
Old 01-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Tech Initiate

So...now that I have the slider ready I need to get some electronics in this bad boy.

First I felt the need to outline my objectives with the TT:
  • to have a fun, fast, low maintenance truggy for light yard bashing and pavement/parking lot runs
  • Electronics that can perform reliably and run cool...mostly 2s but with the option to step up to 3s
  • ...as this is a "spare parts" build I'm also looking for it to be cost effective
With these goals in mind I think I have a couple of decent paths forward. First of all I ordered one of these Servos...cant beat the price and they get good reviews...certainly not top of the line but suitable for my needs

I use a Spektrum DX4C as my TX so I'll drop one of their Rx in.

For the ESC and Motor combo I have two options... I have a HW Max10sct esc and I have ordered one of these 3100 KV Chinese motors to pair with it...its big can and 5mm shaft so should have some solid Torque...also has good reviews.

Alternatively I can put that combo in my Hyper 10sc (which is quite abit larger than the TT) and take the Stock RTR Hobao 3900kv Motor and 60 HW ESC combo out of the 10sc and put that in the TT.

Obviously I can work towards upgrading both of those in the future but for the moment which ESC/motor combo do you think would be best for the Hyper TT and 10SC? I'm leaning towards putting the 3900kv in the TT...my thinking being that the larger and heavier 10SC would benefit more from the higher torque lower KV Chinese motor, while the TT would still be pretty fun on the 3900kv motor...Does that make sense...remember I'm a relative noob at this...

thanks,

Cheers,

Blue
Old 03-02-2019, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

I would go with the 3665-3100KV motor, it's got a larger can and way more torque with a 5mm shaft... you can run it on 3S to gain more efficiency too!
Blue in VT likes this.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TexasDriver
I need some help deciding which setup I should get.

First all, I am new to RCing. For now I just want to have fun driving, bashing, practicing my skills. I don't plan on competing anytime soon as I just want to understand and learn this. I initially wanted a 1/8 scale but realized price to high for now. So I really liked this Hyper 10tt.

I am not sure if I should go with the RTR or 80% kit. I will start with 2s Lipo but I know down the line I will want to try 3S. Is the stock ESC/motor good enough to run 3s without putting too much strain on it?

or if I go with the 80%, what suggestions of ESC/motor/Servo/even radio should I go for. I want something budget friendly but not cheap. Again my purpose is just tuning in my driving skills and having fun.

thanks I advance.
If you plan to run on 3S then I would buy electronics separately, take a look at what Blue_in_VT has selected above, I would go with those electronics to suit your needs, the stock ESC that comes with the RTR won't last very long on 3S.
Blue in VT likes this.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

My TT build is finished!! ...for now. I went with a preprinted body because it cost the same a a clear one and I haven’t delved into painting bodies yet...some day soon. Anyway it looks great and now I’m ready to run this bad body once it dries up. For now I did put the 3900kv motor and 60amp esc from the hyper 10sc RTR in this rig. I’m using the other system in my 10sc and it’s working great so far. I may pick up the same system for the TT in the future.

cheers,

Blue
billdelong likes this.

Last edited by Blue in VT; 03-04-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Also...made this quick YouTube video of the TT

cheers,

Blue
Old 03-20-2019, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

A new video of the TT being used in snow. With SCT badlands on it did great and was a ton of fun

cheers,

blue

Old 05-14-2019, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone have any of the STRC upgrades for sale or know of where I can find them/the part numbers?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Einsman
Anyone have any of the STRC upgrades for sale or know of where I can find them/the part numbers?
I believe I have an extra set of STRC rear hubs new in the package sitting around.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hello everyone. One of my life regrets (next to getting married) is selling my Hyper TT. This morning I woke up and pulled the trigger on another one. I really liked this Truggy when I had it, I’m not exactly sure why I got rid of it.

Anyways, I’m kind of refreshing my knowledge on this truck and taking in all of the info again. I hope others will continue to chime in and breathe some life into this thread.
rustler1995 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.