Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fantom fr1 for this Sc-R I love Nick Adams a fine Englishmen, I wonder what the best combo from Fantom would be for a SCT ?

https://youtu.be/7YKgrfJf9Dw
Old 08-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

My Sc-R Sp Build is coming along I have most of my sp gunmetal parts I only need the gun metal v2 hub carrier's, aluminum gun metal servo mounts, and velvet big bores and sc-r carbon composite chassis, my sp gunmetal hex drives will be here on Friday along with sp gun metal aluminum servo horn, motor centering kit, top shaft and wheel nuts. other wise I already have sp gun metal motor plate, sp aluminum gunmetal batt post an nuts, sp aluminum gun metal steering adjuster, sc-r carbon composite steering rack, Lunsford turnbuckles an rpm ball cups, new bearings, ect ect

still deciding on a motor batt and radio ? opinions welcome ???

I'm Also getting the diggity designs carbon fiber batt tiedown, Tplate, front an rear shock towers for my b-day witch is on the 17, my mip ball diff is built and the puck kit and aluminum c-cvds is ready to go. it appear's the exotek direct drive for the sc6 will boldt right up so I may grab that with the exotek 75t aluminum spur ? I plan on running 24/75 ?

I also need to pick and paint a body any Recommendations ??? preferably one that has low parachute effects I like the speed passion ananta look, other than that I'm really tempted to put it all together I wan get racing already !!! if there's anything I'm forgetting to fully convert to an sc-r sp LMK thanks !!!

the sct is brand new I immediately unbolted all the rtr shocks turn buckles and electronics,g20 motor, lipo capable esc, servo, prefex receiver, and radio is still in bubble rap unopened it will all be for sale dirt cheap in the for sale section for any one in need of a complete system that has never been used for cheap !!! as well as some velvets for buggy and old school losi shocks rebuilt in good condition !!!

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread-kyosho-89.jpg

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-08-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

woo whoo !!! my extended Top shaft n motor centering kit, sp gunmetal hexes, and I was gonna get gun metal wheel nut's but the Kyosho gold I felt was going to pop better against the white DE wheels, all came a day early, an Boi are they nice great quality a little to heavy for wheel nuts actually, any way I can finally put my mip ball diff n puck kit as well as the rest of the transmission together, Really Happy with AMain next week my diggity design carbon fiber parts kit should be hear I'm really going to do my best with this sct,I wanna do thing's like SS screw kit or titanium, balance the wheels, corner balance the whole truck, shim everything real nice an few cool tips from a few buddys and if any one else has a few tips they would be willing to share please lmk...

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-11-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is it me or does this truck have a ton of rear toe in?
Old 08-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jaysonHENDERSON
Is it me or does this truck have a ton of rear toe in?
my wheels arent on yet waiting on a few more piece's before I put it all together, Hopefully this weekend, my brother however does have a decent amount they say it helps it track straight and with forward bite don't quote me on that tho, I believe it can be completely adjusted out -/+ whatever you like.

Its nice to hear someone else on this thread talking about the truck that's still kicking a$$ no matter where they put the flux capacitor, back, mid, hell, put it on the front, or on the side, an take a number as a matter of fact, nexxxt !!! Lmao J/K not really

seriously tho felt like the place was all mine lol

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-15-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

The rear suspension arm mounts are pairs. If I remember right one pair is marked RF and the other is RF2. You run them in pairs, don't mix and match because it adds or takes away rear toe. I guess you could but I don't think it was ever intended to be used that way.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

this may sound contradictory to my last comment/joke but what the hell, as you all know I'm very fond of my sc-r sp an well still whipping a$$ with it on a daily, and even tho all the updated shiny new version's of my short course slayer including other brands seem tempting, I find myself very reluctant to get out of my SC-R, Untill yesterday when I saw what they call the RZ6, as a SCT racer only, I instantly thought to myself "SZ6" huh ? huh ? ya you with me ? if they did that I'd def consider... your thought's ???

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-16-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhilipBGreen
this may sound contradictory to my last comment/joke but what the hell, as you all know I'm very fond of my sc-r sp an well still whipping a$$ with it on a daily, and even tho all the updated shiny new version's of my short course slayer including other brands seem tempting, I find myself very reluctant to get out of my SC-R, Untill yesterday when I saw what they call the RZ6 as a SCT racer only, I instantly thought to myself SZ6 huh ? huh ? ya you with me ? if they did that I'd def consider... your thought's ???
I'm with ya. When I got my RZ6 I compared the chassis to the RT6 chassis and they are very close in length, a RZT6 is totally possible but a SC version would need a longer chassis. I am not really entertaining the idea of Kyosho making a conversion set for the SC6 because it would be a niche within an already rarefied club in a rather small SC group, but we can always hope. I could be wrong.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

you also just gave me a very realistic realization I think I may just have to get an RZ6 and expand I never had a buggy but I'd def buy this one thank's for that...

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-16-2016 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhilipBGreen
you also just gave me a very realistic realization I think I may just have to get an RZ6 and expand I never had a buggy but I'd def buy this one thank's for that...
Cool idea but youd either need an RB6 or RT6 then buy the RZ6 conversion... Since its a conversion... Pricey conversion but very cool idea!
Old 08-17-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
Cool idea but youd either need an RB6 or RT6 then buy the RZ6 conversion... Since its a conversion... Pricey conversion but very cool idea!
thanks and your right a little to pricey lol buts thats kyosho, if you had to choose between RB6 or RT6 what would you do ?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

quick update my B-day was yesterday and my bro got me st gun metal aluminum front c hubs love my bro !!!, however they do not match the kyosho gun metal color rear hub carrier's I planned to get, so this morning I ordered st sp2 gun metal rear hub carrier's that match and will be here Saturday, I've heard nothing but good things about st concepts aluminum and they have the same 4 hole tuning option's so I'm happy.

my fantom fr-1 works motor should be here this morning so I'm Really excited about that, after exchanging a few emails with jeff at fantom who is an understanding and awesome person they have a customer for life.

I think today I will put the lightened aluminum transmission together along with the mip ball diff puck kit and the motor balancing kit, and everything else I have acquired for the chassis witch is quite a bit, ill get everything shimmed as I put in the new bearings, a long with setting the turnbuckles and suspension geometry to factory starting points.

the only things Im still waiting on are my Velvet big bores witch cost almost as much as a kit ughhh, my stockers are brand new an work just fine for now, and my Diggity Design carbon shock towers front and rear, batt tie down and T plate, witch I may have to settle for just the carbon batt tie down for now as well. oh and a body and paint, Lipo and radio lol

I really took my time building this sct and I'm proud, as well as Poor now but I believe I have a proper foundation to compete with. I'm ready to race my heart out.

as summer comes to an end my 97 civic type R will enter the garage for hibernation, wrench time and new parts as it to is slowly becoming a race car, and my sct will fill the void I plan to travel to more tracks to compete this season maybe hit a major event or two thanks for all the help an feed back from everyone here on rc tech I'm so thank full. and to my loving wife and children who have been so supportive, I know you read my stuff baby I love you. I can see it, my passion fuels the fire in the eyes of my children. witch I'm glad to pass on something so positive and constructive. Glory be with God Amen !!!

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-18-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

started putting the sc-r together the front turnbuckle gap is 31 mm, a little over 1-1/4 the rear is 38mm, 1 and half inches but I'm struggling to find the starting point measurement's for the steering tie rods the factory manual shows them, but says nothing I wonder if its the same as the front, ill keep looking but if anyone knows please bless me !!!

I could eye it then measure and match but id really like a perfect start if there's such a thing.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

welp she's all put together my fingers are sore its been awhile, I'm just waiting on the rear hub carrier's witch should be here with in the hour and ill put the mip dog bone's/cvd's /pucks in, I never really know how much grease to put in the tranny case ? so I just rotated a Q tips worth of mip grease around the gears.

the motor centering balancing kit is awesome, and all the sp parts look, well there dark you caint really see them it looks like a sleeper specially with the basic plastic shocks with the aluminum blue cap an collar, I did happen to have the yellow soft springs for extra grip and rip, hope to get velvets soon or even aluminum big bores from the sc6 ready set.

tho the truck is clean and new, it honestly reminds me of this old guy's sct that use to come to the track he had the most basic sc10 kit you could get with the mip diff an puck set up, and some aluminum hex drives but that was it, very basic, however he had all these lil tips and tricks he was secretive, actually not really, more of a loner his truck flew it was def dialed, I was one of the only people he talked to, tho I could never understand him I would just shake my head like I knew what he was saying, somehow I think he new, but seemed to like it that way. as if one day he'd new Id get it, I kinda miss him righting this...I think sub-consciously I built the truck as he taught me.

all an all the truck is not shiny or nearly as fancy as my old ten.2 but it has all the tips an tricks I learned from the old man, the best bearings, steel bushing's, shimmed up tight an tolerable, with the only aluminum hop up's being front c-hubs, front hex's,battery tie down post, rear hub carrier's, oh and the light weight mip tranny and sp motor plate with balancing kit oh and lunzford turnbuckles witch I may go back to the factory ones as they really stick out, one thing I still really want is the ss screw kit, I think I will pass on all the carbon fiber except the batt tie down. these trucks usually come under weight so I hope Im still under so I can add where I wana, this thing is race ready.

the tires are glued just need to balance them, really still wana corner weight the truck, the old man would roll in his grave if he seen what we are doing now, this is also the first time Im keeping my slipper its the most basic version very light, I did however grab really good pads, I kept the stock 82 spur on an Im going to use the stock gear that came on the brushed g20 motor to break it all in, Im really proud of this truck an believe it will be the fastest I ever had, and the japan quality is second to none, its the first time I really tried to engineer a quality machine in the past I would grab a kit an throw money at it buying the best, the old man would be proud, tho I think he'd frown at my gold wheel nuts n white wheels.

my next step is to pick and paint a body, I really like the speed passion anata body, I think they have a different view of how a sct should look in asia any who I like there there view, I also think this paint job will be my best and trade marked one if you will lol any way, there's nothing really left to say about the kit and I think Ive ran my yapper enough, see you on the Grid !!!

rear hub carrier's just arrived !!!

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-25-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

I just like that my sct will truly look different, if any one knows of any other bodies that are unique lmk...

http://www.competitionx.com/news-fee...t-course-body/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.