Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have this other idea ! do you remember " Straight Rhythm" ??? you tube it, basically its a drag race for dirt bikes and there rider down a straight but very technical section of track including whoops triples doubles step ups step downs ect ect it even seems that R/c vehicles scrub speed the same way a dirt bike would via whip's or mid air stall's, any who, well id like to do something similar for sct's that'd be sick.

anyway maybe this will inspire someone to contribute to the progress of R/c Racing...

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 01-12-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

My Buddy and fellow R/c tech member just let me know my new PL Evo Sc body came YESSSSSS !!! and he's about to start designing it after my hero Ayrton Senna, Man I'm so great full...

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 01-12-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Need some help

I bought a kyosho sc-r and it's great very smooth. My problem is that that I let another guy try it ant the track and he hit a kicker to hard a landed it on the rear bumper which broke the rear chassis plate, bulkhead, and transmission cases. I can't find the transmission cases listed buy model at a main or eBay so I'm hoping some one has the part numbers or knows of a retrofit. Maybe an sc6 gearbox fits? I tried the rb5 cases they have at a Ian and they are a slightly different shape and the guts from my gear box didn't fit.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure the rb5 case is the same. Are you sure it wasn't a the rb6 case?
Old 02-13-2017, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

The bag said rb5 maybe I should just get gears for it
Old 02-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Locoviking
I bought a kyosho sc-r and it's great very smooth. My problem is that that I let another guy try it ant the track and he hit a kicker to hard a landed it on the rear bumper which broke the rear chassis plate, bulkhead, and transmission cases. I can't find the transmission cases listed buy model at a main or eBay so I'm hoping some one has the part numbers or knows of a retrofit. Maybe an sc6 gearbox fits? I tried the rb5 cases they have at a Ian and they are a slightly different shape and the guts from my gear box didn't fit.
You will want UM508C. The UM508B will work but it looks like it is no longer available.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Loco, Let me know if you can't find the correct case. I'm pretty sure I have a few used cases and possibly some new ones in my parts box.

What is your location?
Old 02-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

I appreciate the help I am in Arizona I ordered the 508 cases suggested they are expected today so I will share the results
Old 02-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Well they fit the chassis well but the bearings in my old cases on the diff are larger so I have ordered the bearings for and rb5/6 idler gear and top shaft so that should settle it. Just bumed another race weekend missed
Old 04-20-2017, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Locoviking
Well they fit the chassis well but the bearings in my old cases on the diff are larger so I have ordered the bearings for and rb5/6 idler gear and top shaft so that should settle it. Just bumed another race weekend missed
Glad you got it worked out, I too love this sct it is so smooth and superior to the new Imo, the build materials design quality hold so much value, in my eyes, so much so that I decided to poor money into it rather than keep up with whats new, I could have bought the three newest rigs plus, with the money I put into my Scr sp. the support this thing has is unbelievable I spent over 200 on the gear diff and axle's alone utilize'n forged carbon steel gears, aluminum diff case,velvet coated aluminum gear shafts, its awesome, in fact until a sct is designed from the ground up to be a sct and not based on a buggy I see no reason to buy new, this is a fairly young industry and the passion that started it is not the same, the big company's have quota's to meet and marketing propaganda is one the many tools they use to meet them so don't be fooled. Formula 1 cars change every year because the rules change every year to challenge mankind and our will to win, for future generations and the future in general. the big rc company's and there marketing strategist would like you to believe Rc is similar and you will often see comparisons made by them, but the truth is they are starting to put out new vehicles every year to meet quota's, it use to not be like this as recent as a couple years ago because the company's understood what I'm saying now,but the company's have grown so big and support so many they don't really have a choice. driving skill and the practice of decides who's gonna win and who's gonna lose nothing more nothing less an even that can be a toss up. what I'm saying is your Scr is just as competitive as the newest sct just released witch is something you could not do in F1. The changes made were not enough to create a margin or gap in fact with a full stic pack I'm 100 grams lighter than any of the new with a shorty, only if the pros didnt have to bite there tounge. I will say that TLR seem's to be on the right track as far as new sct's Go and I can not say for sure if I'm 100 grams lighter than they as its not hard to tell TLR built them tiny'er just like the old with the new material's.

any who I too new one day parts could be hard to come by so I bought triple of everything and I mean everything, most of the things I bought from Amain and when I went back to look they were out of stock back ordered or unavailable so if you need anything please let me know my local hobby store also has a nice collection of kyosho parts that I'd be willing to grab for you as well.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 01-03-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

check this out !!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ons-parts.html

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 04-20-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys its been awhile, its funny I was just looking over all my post in this thread and I really can not help but feel like a real "piece of work" its like I write a book in every post lol words like crazy or obsessed may be a little more appropriate among many others, its kind of embarrassing...

anyway guess what ? I finally got the newest Big Bore velvet's and a few other things, my passion for my Scr has Been reignited its just been sitting there on its stand for months I would just stare at it and marvel, what a wonderful technological piece of engineering Id think to my self, all that carbon fiber and fine machined aluminum and composite goodness I believe my baby has a soul !!!

welp Ill be around a little more as I have some ?s learning never stops, my local track is carpet it was exciting at first but I quickly missed the clay maybe cause I never bought proper tires for carpet, anywho I'm excited to get to the track again ill def get up some new pics of my Scr and all that is new...

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 01-03-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

was looking into some statistics and found this, I thought it would be great to post here since its relative to the thread and also an accurate history of the ultima Sc and its evolution in time line format. I was surprised to find this wealth of information all in one place and thought one for the archives.

FLASHBACK FRIDAY: Kyosho's time in truck racing :: LiveRC.com - R/C Car News, Pictures, Videos, and More
Old 01-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

THIS IS THE RACE FOOTAGE OF THE "2010 Short Course Showdown Mod 2WD A-Main" @TRACKSIDE S&N, THIS FOOTAGE DEPICTS THE SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN OF THE KYOSHO ULTIMA SCR AKA "THE TROUNCING"

https://youtu.be/Wpf8TI83AEo

THIS IS THE RACE FOOTAGE OF THE "2011 CRCRC MIDWEST CHAMPIONSHIP @THEFACTORY"
MOD SCT ROUNDS 1,2 & 3

THIS FOOTAGE DEPICTS THE SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN OF THE KYOSHO ULTIMA SCR AND EPIC BATTLE BETWEEN TEBO-CAVALIERI & MAIFIELD

https://youtu.be/jxQonu4NX-w
Old 01-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

also if anyone know's where the 2wd mod sct footage can be found of the 2011 reedy truck race of champions as well as the 2013,that would be awesome, Id love to watch them, as well as the 2012 crcrc midwest winter championship footage and the 2011 hot rod hobbies shoot out.

Anywho here's footage of a 2013 short course showdown event where an Ultima Sc-r sp2 kicked but id love to know who the driver was ? Brian Kinwald competed in the event so it was def a top notch race.

https://youtu.be/Z6953FFrIfw

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 01-04-2018 at 12:27 PM.