Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrad
PhilipBGreen, check your pm's I sent you one awhile ago. I also race at HobbyTown every once and awhile with my sc-r.

Are you looking for Big Bore Velvets or regular? I have some regular ones and and a few different sct springs and all of the buggy colored springs.
regular would be perfect oh man thanks a ton for reaching out yeah honestly there all really good it was the original Velvets that gave them there name Ill check my pm.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

so guys I went to sundays race witch had a low turn out mostly stock short course and sportsman sct followed by stock buggy, I spent my first heat getting dialed the rtr sc shocks in factory form were worlds better, my second heat I placed third and I didnt even get to finish the last minute of the race dew to popping a ball cup other wise i would have took second, since we had a low turn out we decided to take the top 2 guys from every main and run a final race all together in reverse on the track needles to say I made the cut and took second in that race 1 tenth behind a b6d, not bad for my second race in a year and a half. not to mention all the sc5m's I put in there place lol J/K kinda
Old 10-10-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

you know coming from an autocross/road race back round with full size cars I realized getting dialed in is very much the same "if" your full size RACE MACHINE is built to similar standards as say a sct or buggy in regards to adjustable suspension, toe/caster/camber ect ect how ever FEEL IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT in a full size machine your physically connected to the machine taking in huge amounts of information with your ass/or butt and even stomach, with radio control you dont have that but its just as amazing if not more how we adapt and what we use instead to feel for things like g force, feeling the limit, knowing where the traction is and is not.

during my first heat I can tell you i was not in tune with my machine, but during my second heat I dunno how to explain it, it was if the wifi had just come on and me and my machine synced and like that we began to flow like water truly amazing, you know some say that consciousness exsist out side the body and mind weather thats true or not I dont no but thats what it feels like when you connect to something physically out of touch

its also amazing when you can clearly see that your manipulateing the position of the vehicle to take a corner much faster than the corner was designed to be taken Ayrton Senna use to picture himself out side his F1 car to do the same ...

its like you no in those moments your operating on a higher wave length a higher level and you feel more than human.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-10-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

heres a link to my local track and race results page just in case you ever wan see race results/ lap times or how things work in our area, we have some of the fastest drivers around attend names like Cj Greaves who races real sct's, Cole who I caint remember his last name sorry cole, but he is often in possesion of associated prototype vehicles with shiny polished aluminum chassis, and was invited to the worlds he has an awesome dad who helps out to, there are also plenty of team drivers representing different brands as well as local legends who spend a lot of time helping me out lol so when I say Im out there kicking butt dont ever think it comes easy !!!

http://www.revolutionraceway.com/racing/results/
Old 10-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhilipBGreen
you know coming from an autocross/road race back round with full size cars I realized getting dialed in is very much the same "if" your full size RACE MACHINE is built to similar standards as say a sct or buggy in regards to adjustable suspension, toe/caster/camber ect ect how ever FEEL IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT in a full size machine your physically connected to the machine taking in huge amounts of information with your ass/or butt and even stomach, with radio control you dont have that but its just as amazing if not more how we adapt and what we use instead to feel for things like g force, feeling the limit, knowing where the traction is and is not.

during my first heat I can tell you i was not in tune with my machine, but during my second heat I dunno how to explain it, it was if the wifi had just come on and me and my machine synced and like that we began to flow like water truly amazing, you know some say that consciousness exsist out side the body and mind weather thats true or not I dont no but thats what it feels like when you connect to something physically out of touch

its also amazing when you can clearly see that your manipulateing the position of the vehicle to take a corner much faster than the corner was designed to be taken Ayrton Senna use to picture himself out side his F1 car to do the same ...

its like you no in those moments your operating on a higher wave length a higher level and you feel more than human.
Sounds like your setup is really starting to work for you, I have been having similar moments with my SC6s. My feeling is when you get your racer setup to compliment your driving style it all comes together. This is the difference between trying not to crash and being in the hunt. Putting in the time to make things right pays off because it is much more fun to really race than to just keep it off the pipes.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

you understand me completely I think its something we all share for sure, I think many people walk away from racing before they achieve that very feeling in the hunt running on adrenaline I'm addicted and yeah running a clean race can be just as rewarding, you actually reminded me of another important factor and that's trust, being able to trust the racer is huge ! a real confidence Booster,I dont know how many time's I approached a corner in the begining unsure of what the Racer would do if it would over steer or push ect ect, then I learned to trust the Racer and now I flow through corners like water, I watched an interview with tebo and he was saying that when he would constantly make adjustments he would get on the stand nervous and unsure, he said it really messed with his confidence, choosing to hold his driving more accountable than set up.

as for my self Im just learning about all of the adjustments I can make, what there for, and when to make them, as understanding an adjustment and what that adjustment actually feels like is well, "a steep learning curve" I'm pretty much in the Hunt with a box setup witch excites me because as I figure out adjustments that compliment my driving style I know I will only get faster.

right now I have the throttle turned down on the transmitter so Im not getting full power, as my throttle control gets more refined based on control-able-ity consistent lap times I turn it up in small increments then set a new goal, my current shocks are great for an rtr but I can see splatter dots on my a arms after a qual as well as general oil leakage, I'm not sure if this creates an inconsistency so I'm waiting till I get velvets before I start make'n suspension changes, ride height is about all I mess with. my turn buckles camber caster an toe and squat is all box square

yeah when I get Velvets ill put all the carbon composite components on and the diggity design kit to finalize her then ill be annoying you guys for set up info...

BY THE WAY ARE THE CHECK VALVE STYLE SHOCK PISTONS ANY GOOD ??? LIKE THE MIP BY PASS, I ALSO SEEN A FEW OTHER NAME BRANDS AT AMain I GUESS THEY PACK LIKE A NORMAL PISTON BUT ALLOW THE PISTON=WHEEL DOWN FASTER KEEPING BETTER CONTACT WITH THE RACING SURFACE. AND SINCE EVERY ONE DOES NOT USE THEM IS THERE A DRAW BACK TO THEM ?

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-14-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

I was looking at chassis on the AE B5M series and B6 there shape is identical to my sc-r chassis the way they come to a point narrowing in 2 or 3 stages however you choose to see it, one of the main reason's I love my carbon composite chassis is the engineering, very similar to a formula one car the way the transmission/motor case is a part of the supporting structure/chassis in a very 3d way even the nose of the Sc-r is a 3d engineering marvel just a thought !!!

I also see that st racing makes a full array of aluminum hop ups like the front and rear bulk heads and a few others I was only really aware of the rear hubs and the front c hubs witch I got as a gift they also make a full steering knuckle to go in the c hubs, so Im going to go all out this thing should be pretty sick especially with the new CC chassis and a arms as well as the DD carbon fiber shock towers t plate and batt brace, Ive located some velevts in great shape from a fellow rc tech member ill rebuild them with the x rings feeling fast and great full.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-14-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

so I'm picking up some velvets this morning !!! on top of that its race day !!! also Recently I came across the pro line primes, my track tends to eat tires so, its always usually high medium to high traction and youll often see guys running shaved or bald tires when the track begins to eat so why not grab the real thing, they also look sick i wonder if i should pick up some black De's or try new wheels ? Im stoked to set up the suspension with the infamous velvets this truck is really going to hook up well and feel so much better the trucks steering capabilities are insane and is perfect for our track as its a real drivers track atm any who wish me luck !!!

also does any one have any piston size/hole and oil weight recommendations for my scr ? ill also be getting every color of springs so any info or good starting point on that would be great as well.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-14-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Ive got velvets !!! lol now Im sure to most of you its not a big deal as you prolly got yours with a kit witch is a good deal however brand new from AMain they start at 56$ a pair for the original triple cap velevts, and thats not including the springs witch are 20 for 2 putting the total at 160 give or take. then there's the big bore second gen that are 69$ a pair then there's the gen 3 x-ring gun metal and the springs are separate for them all so you get it,they are literally mint I guess they were removed right away, I also have the x-rings, so any way I'm stoked and so great full because I got them from a member on here by the name SCRAD who I wanna give a big shout out to because he gave me an unbelievable deal an a opportunity to have something I otherwise could not afford at the moment so it really means alot to me thanks man.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

id rant and rave how smooth these velvets are and how I feel like I have a brand new truck did I mention no leaks lol, but im sure you all know, racing was awesome last night however I need to really work on setup, its not a big deal I can get around the track quickly without crashing any more lol great, but last night the turn out was huge and the stock sct big boys were out and they were dialed theres no doubt I have the most power and speed witch is wierd cause im only coming off at 116 degrees with my works fr-1 but there's just more to it and thats set up its time to start practiceing and working on set up.

ive always ran a full stick pack i think im going to try a shorty just need to research a good pack, and its time to learn what adjustments feel like its also time to boldt up my new parts witch will put me closer to 2098 possibly below as the truck was under weight, im really having fun but its time to get serious cj was there last night, so down to earth and a cool dude forgot to have him sign my new body, the track will be packed from here on out we had c mains in every class it was nice. well time to take the truck apart for cleaning

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-15-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

I think ill read this entire forum...
Old 11-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

got my diff rebuilt put carbide diff balls in this time and loaded her up with diff lube this time as well , put brand new bearings in the rear hubs, so smooth had a pro/team driver break it in took our time I learned a much better way of doing it, I switched over to the brass roller kit instead of the orange pucks no more replacing pucks and the screw backing out velvets still dont leak not use to this, also tuned the shocks tonight got the yellow springs on the front as I found through out the forum is the best spring for the front a few people said red for the rear witch is stiffer than the Black #50 I have on now the yellow is #60 so I may even put yellows on the rear before I try red, I also went to 32-1/2 oil front and the 25 still feels great in the rear.

I no I said pics but I want it to look sick still have to put all the carbon fiber parts on and waiting on a screw kit to come, the same gentle men is meeting me tomorrow to help with gearing. started 19-82 then to 20-82 currently 24-78 gonna try 22-76.

I also really want new rims and pro line primes anyone try them or got any good things to say about them ?

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 11-03-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

so after reading thru the forum more the yellow or color coded shocks are the x-gear for the big bore velvets Im seeing now that for the original velvets witch is what I have you want #75 front and #70 rear can any one confirm for a medium high bite clay track ???

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 11-04-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

All of those colored springs are for the Buggy's, but work on those shock bodies.

The black springs that were on there are the SCT springs. The rear spring was the original kit spring and the front was step harder than the kit spring. They are probably 75.

The springs that were on there were exactly what I ran at JJ's and Appleton. So they should work fine.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scrad
All of those colored springs are for the Buggy's, but work on those shock bodies.

The black springs that were on there are the SCT springs. The rear spring was the original kit spring and the front was step harder than the kit spring. They are probably 75.

The springs that were on there were exactly what I ran at JJ's and Appleton. So they should work fine.

Wow chad I owe you the biggest apology I feel Like an ahole truely you were right I didnt even have to wait for the new shocks to get here to Realize this I just measured using an online ruler they measured 50mm lol so you were right it also seems your supposed to build the velevt's with a limiter, so I put them back in and not only did It perfect my ride height I did really well so sorry and thank you !!!

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 11-07-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.