Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Tekin SC4X Motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Ridley
Come on man NOTHING will roast your hotdogs as reliably as a Tekin RX8!!! EASILY out performs all others!!!!!

We have a fire extinguisher at out track with a Tekin sticker on it, and we make sure all RX8 users know where it's at before running I hope this isn't the "reputation" Tekin is working so hard on making, and that "pat on the back" isn't to put out a new fire, lmao.
I'm not sure where that came from since this is the SC4X thread....

We had 50+ ESCs running at the nationals and not one flamed, so what's up with your track?
Old 09-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

OK i have been in retail business for more than 10 years. All business owners and partners would tell you that nothing is perfect the first go around. BUT with that said every successfull company makes the right changes in the right direction. I have nothing but kudos to the TEKIN crew on how quickly and profesionally they have resolved any past issue i or anyone else i know have had in the past. I have been running my new RX8 for more than 2 months and i have had ZERO problems with it. I dont know of any other company that would come out and say hey, we got it wrong this time BUT we are going to make it better. AND EVERY TIME THEY DO. TEKIN is a class act and i will buy nothing else for my cars. We have a guy at our track just like you but unfortunatly he cant make a full race withough thermalling, and when he does he is LAST.At our track TEKIN runs up front always!!

NUFF SAID!!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have you used Tekin in the old days? Good stuff back then, even better than Novak imo. However, the service department was very slow.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
I'm not sure where that came from since this is the SC4X thread....

We had 50+ ESCs running at the nationals and not one flamed, so what's up with your track?
Thats nice, what revision were those.....board number 67, and case revision 89? LMAO. Come on now, not even you can pretend that the RX8 has a track record anything but abysmal. Where did that come from?...the same place the unabated praise for Tekin's other products came from in this thread.

For the record, I've had this sc4x motor on back order for 4 months, but honestly I HOPE Tekin's recent track record wont reflect on this item...I would actually like it to work and last. If it's a great motor, I'll leave that feedback for others on the forums as such, if it sucks....I'll say it sucks. I'm certainly not gonna jump on a brand bandwagon just cause it's red and pretty Luckily though, the other mfg's that make 550 motors haven't set the bar real high, so you might be alright
Old 09-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thats nice, what revision were those.....board number 67, and case revision 89? LMAO. Come on now, not even you can pretend that the RX8 has a track record anything but abysmal. Where did that come from?...the same place the unabated praise for Tekin's other products came from in this thread.

For the record, I've had this sc4x motor on back order for 4 months, but honestly I HOPE Tekin's recent track record wont reflect on this item...I would actually like it to work and last. If it's a great motor, I'll leave that feedback for others on the forums as such, if it sucks....I'll say it sucks. I'm certainly not gonna jump on a brand bandwagon just cause it's red and pretty Luckily though, the other mfg's that make 550 motors haven't set the bar real high, so you might be alright
Wow, bro. All I can say is that my Tekin products are nothing but top notch. I refuse to run anything else! Besides, 1/8 electric is a fairly new thing, gotta work out the bugs, just like everybody had to do when every class had first started out.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Team Tekin

Well since you ask, it is ESC Revision #2 technically, and ESC case #2. There were hand mods that were sent out and tested that were not actual production revisions. Keep arguing all you'd like, fact is fact and the RX8 is holding up much better everywhere now, the Nationals were a prime example. Not one ESC went down that whole weekend and I would know because I was there with Randy and it would have been brought to our table.

FYI, almost all the fried ESCs I have seen come from crap Lipos that people think are an excellent deal. Then said battery breaks the high dollar equipment and it's our fault? There will always be some failures, the world isn't perfect but most of the ones that actually burn are from cheapie packs and solder joints that break loose. It has happened to me personally with the bad solder joints, you break one phase wire off and it touches the ESC positive and yaya, light show.

This is the SC4X thread, lets keep it on topic please. If you have nothing nice to say, feel free to leave your words in your mouth.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

YEAH what he said!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
FYI, almost all the fried ESCs I have seen come from crap Lipos that people think are an excellent deal.

This is the SC4X thread, lets keep it on topic please. If you have nothing nice to say, feel free to leave your words in your mouth.
Ok, Ty, the blaming the esc failures on bad lipo's is just plain BS. Come on now, at least be a man and admit the design flaws and move on. If there wasn't major design flaws, there wouldn't have been so many revisions

For the second part, this isn't the Tekin forums, so it's not loaded with blinded fanboys. Make a crap product, expect to get flamed here. The Rx8, was absolute crap. Maybe it's fixed now...but that doesn't excuse the failures it had while the consumer did your beta testing at retail prices. Like I said before, I'll be sure post up how I like this newest motor of yours, and like all my reviews, I won't hold back if it sucks Hopefully though, being 4 months late....it will be at good.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ridley it's time grow up a bit.

Ty would know more than anyone how many failures the Rx8 has had. He's the service manager here at Tekin.

He's 100% right when he says crappy batteries can ruin electronics. I'll spare you the technical conversation.

I too would like to know where your local track is, just to be curious.

I'm all for calling a spade a spade. However we too will be the first ones to stand up and defend our product and our people with common sense and facts...

This thread is for the SC4x. If you want to "flame" us on the Rx8, use the right thread.

I'd like this thread to get back on track....Sc4x
Old 09-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Randy, any word on when these will hit Amain?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Team Tekin

It's not fair for me to say who MAY get them first, sorry.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default RX8

I have 4 RX8s that were upgraded to the new 3-hole case free of charge by Tekin. While the RX8s clearly had reliability problems before the case mod (I had several go bad, but never a fire), I have been running them all very hard since the mod and they have been as bulletproof as an 1/8 scale ESC can be.

Tekin probably should have done some more testing on the front end with the initial design, but they should also be commended for not leaving us early adopters hanging in the wind with an unreliable ESC. They stayed committed to finding a fix for the RX8 and took care of their customers.

To those Tekin haters trolling the boards and talking about Tekin RX8 unreliability, get your facts straight and talk to any owner of an RX8 with the new case and I'm sure you'll hear the same thing... "Tekin Rocks!"
Old 09-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DAMMMMMMMMM I SEE EVERYONE IS PLAYING NICE AGAIN AND I DIDN'T START IT THIS TIME. WELL I HAD TO GET THE NOVAK 4.5 TO HOLD ME OVER. IT LOOKS LIKE MY 5.5 SC4X WILL NOT SEE ANY BIG OUTSIDE TRACKS THIS YEAR.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Team Tekin

Default SC4x KV's

Here you go guys. This is no boost, no timing on the can, no turbo.

4.5 - 5300kv
5.5 - 4000kv
6.5 - 3400kv
7.5 - 3000kv
Old 09-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Funny how Castle took over a year to fix the MMM yet people kiss their butts about how awesome their products are. BTW, Castle even said do not use low quality batteries as this can damage the ESC. Anyways. Tekin is all about racing. Why on earth would you spend thousands on kits, and electronics then go cheap on the battery? You deserve to have your ESC fried at that point. Tekin is expensive but the great thing about it is you only have to buy it once. If you do not like Tekin then don't post and enjoy getting passed on the track by one. . Yes I am a Tekin fanboy b/c Tekin got it right and deserves my support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.