Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Tekin SC4X Motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc10t3b4
Funny how Castle took over a year to fix the MMM yet people kiss their butts about how awesome their products are. BTW, Castle even said do not use low quality batteries as this can damage the ESC. Anyways. Tekin is all about racing. Why on earth would you spend thousands on kits, and electronics then go cheap on the battery? You deserve to have your ESC fried at that point. Tekin is expensive but the great thing about it is you only have to buy it once. If you do not like Tekin then don't post and enjoy getting passed on the track by one. . Yes I am a Tekin fanboy b/c Tekin got it right and deserves my support.
There you go, why would anyone spend top $$ on ESC and Motor and buy low end batteries. That too amaze me.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb

TEKIN SHOULD HAVE SOME REASONABLE PRICED GOOD LIPO OFFERED WITH THE ESC MOTOR COMBO...... JUST A THOUGHT.... I KNOW THEY HAVE SOME, BUT NOT A SELECTION ! I'M A TEKIN FAN ! THEY HAVE MY VOTE!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just pick up a pair of caps, keep a spare. TT3520's for the caps.

IT's a prentitive measure, most can run just fine with a single cap.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Just pick up a pair of caps, keep a spare. TT3520's for the caps.

IT's a prentitive measure, most can run just fine with a single cap.
OK THANKS
Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Team Tekin

Two Sc4x running here this weekend: www.rescuerc.com
Old 10-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Two Sc4x running here this weekend: www.rescuerc.com
Thats Nice. I wonder where they got theres from?, while the rest of us are still WAITING.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

No, The rest are whining.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DJLeonardo
And this is why I don't understand Tekin does not solder ESC's or motors in the factory. Especially a motor like the SC4X that you KNOW is going to be used in dirty circumstances would benefit by a properly soldered set of wires. I know I can do it but I don't know many others that can. This is where Caslte does a better job with monster series. De motor has a good wires, well soldered (for a chinese product) and de MMM has 6,5mm sockets instead of tabs you have to solder first. First thing I will do with my first Tekin motor is solder Castle connectors on there. At a certain moment the motor has to come out (for maintanance) and then you have a problem with your fixed wires.

Thanks for the Kv ratings, now I really would like to see the power ratings (continuous and peak)
Pre-wired is a pain in the butt. This is especially true in cars like the 8ight-E, the Hyper 9, or in sedans where the ESC is right next to the motor. What do you do with all the extra wire? The tabs are the best answer in my opinion. Bullets are a hazard and in my professional opinion they should never be used for the sake of the ESC, especially this type:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJPY4&P=7

The real electrical connection is not very good on this type and could lead to an intermittent open circuit. This is very bad for the controller as the voltage spike from an open circuited inductor (motor winding) that has current flowing in it could be upwards of 1,000V. In the past I have solved several people's radio and ESC issues (including my own) by simply removing the bullets and replacing them with good solder joints.

The only suggestion I have for Tekin is that maybe there should be some sort of insulated divider between the power posts on their esc's. It could be something as simple as a thin piece of plastic that is part of the case.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by rc10t3b4
No, The rest are whining.
Thats because some of us paid for them in early June and still dont have them! I want to know where they got theirs from too. I had to be one of the first to preorder on Tower. I have a brand new Ten-SCT built just waiting. It is actually starting to collect dust now. Please hurry Tekin.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kufman
Pre-wired is a pain in the butt.
Perhaps, but when I see photos of some of the soldering some people have done is would have been a blessing for them. I have no problem soldering mine apart from the fact I'm lazy and I 'd rather not. If you think about the sparks a 5 or 6S Lipo can make when shorted..... I have not seen many people that have shielded their "work" with something like heatshrink.

Last edited by DJLeonardo; 10-04-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

Originally Posted by f0rmula_2001
Thats because some of us paid for them in early June and still dont have them! I want to know where they got theirs from too. I had to be one of the first to preorder on Tower. I have a brand new Ten-SCT built just waiting. It is actually starting to collect dust now. Please hurry Tekin.
you do realize that Randy is at that race right now? he is the one running at least one of them.. and i am sure a tekin driver is running the other one.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

any video of the cars running ? Any pictures of motors in cars ? Please post your speed control setups and pinions you were running.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Evidently A-Main hobbies got a few in, but not enough to cover their back orders as normal check in still shows out of stock. Mine should be here by the weekend
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Team Tekin

I tested the latest Sc4x in a 6.5 wind. The motor has a great smooth bottom end pull with very nice top end. Running outdoors on a large track geared with an 18t pinion in a Hyper 10. I was told it was the fastest looking truck on the track by many that were there. I managed to qualify 3rd and finish 2nd behind a fellow Team Driver.

Both myself and team driver Ron K. were using the Sc4x. Ron's was in a Platinum Slash geared 15/45(stock I believe) although Ron had the 5.5 .
Old 10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I tested the latest Sc4x in a 6.5 wind. The motor has a great smooth bottom end pull with very nice top end. Running outdoors on a large track geared with an 18t pinion in a Hyper 10. I was told it was the fastest looking truck on the track by many that were there. I managed to qualify 3rd and finish 2nd behind a fellow Team Driver.

Both myself and team driver Ron K. were using the Sc4x. Ron's was in a Platinum Slash geared 15/45(stock I believe) although Ron had the 5.5 .
Way to debut the motors guys!! Good Job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.