Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Modified Mblox for Hyper9e

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Thanks for the heads up....The stock Hyper 93 mount works with a 15t pinion and larger. I run a 1900 tekin on 4s and a 15-16 is the right pinion....The mount should work for what all 6 Hyper drivers at our track run.

Here is a pic from my cel phone. That is a 16 tooth pinion on there.
Here are some more pics of my modded Mblox. I hope this clears things up. The flange bearing must be installed on the center diff outdrive cup.

I used a Ridgid Oscillating EDGE/Belt Spindle Sander. Started with 80grit and finished off with 220grit paper. Heres a link for the sander.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Oscillat...r/EN/index.htm
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2288.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2289.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2291.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2295.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2294.jpg  

Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

not really a designer but alittle something to prevent chassis flex under the center drive shaft. this chassis doesn't really have chassis braces,i suppose the battery box is the chassis brace.... but if u cut on it like i did to fit wider batteries then it weakens it
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp0038.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp0035.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp0033.jpg  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2dialed
not really a designer but alittle something to prevent chassis flex under the center drive shaft. this chassis doesn't really have chassis braces,i suppose the battery box is the chassis brace.... but if u cut on it like i did to fit wider batteries then it weakens it
Really nice mod! I myself was not happy with factory chassis flex, mainly the rear chassis flex. Between the center diff and the radio tray, too much longitudinal flex with in my opinion causes excessive center drive train wear.
My own mod seems to help the similar issue. Glad to see someone else noticed the issue I had. Sure helped my car out a bunch with minimal alteration to the buggy. Thanks 2dialed for the update, you really seemed to fix the issue. Great work!
Heres a pic of mine with the awesome Elite RC motor mount.
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2276.jpg  
Old 02-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

yeah, i got to see brandons mounts when he came down to revelation for thanksgiving... very nice machine work but it looks like he made it to fit the nitro version with the center diff. only 2 screws to the chassis instead of 3. at least with the nitro chassis u can go 4mm chassis extended and regular chassis braces. do u guys run over at union city? have u ever been to lakeport
Old 02-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by titotime
Really nice mod! I myself was not happy with factory chassis flex, mainly the rear chassis flex. Between the center diff and the radio tray, too much longitudinal flex with in my opinion causes excessive center drive train wear.
My own mod seems to help the similar issue. Glad to see someone else noticed the issue I had. Sure helped my car out a bunch with minimal alteration to the buggy. Thanks 2dialed for the update, you really seemed to fix the issue. Great work!
Heres a pic of mine with the awesome Elite RC motor mount.
Hey titotime, what's the part number to do your mod?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sylvain.damours
Hey titotime, what's the part number to do your mod?
My mod consists of a 4mm turnbuckle and some ball ends from a torque rod off my Kyosho Inferno GT. A truggy steering turnbuckle should work with a Kyosho torque rod ball stud anchor for attaching to Hyper9e radio box plate.

Something like this, but not this exact one.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Torque-Rod-Set
Take a look to see if you have one lying around that is the right length.
I had to cut the turnbuckle a little to fit to length.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2dialed
yeah, i got to see brandons mounts when he came down to revelation for thanksgiving... very nice machine work but it looks like he made it to fit the nitro version with the center diff. only 2 screws to the chassis instead of 3. at least with the nitro chassis u can go 4mm chassis extended and regular chassis braces. do u guys run over at union city? have u ever been to lakeport
Actually I made it fit the 9E and it also happens to work on the 9 2.0/GL
The 3rd screw was intended to keep the motor mount stable due to the split diff design, the 3rd screw actually hinders the horizontal/side to side flex that a buggy needs, what the 9E lacked was a lateral brace which your mod will take care of..
You & Titotime are on the right track with reducing the lateral flex..

Originally Posted by titotime
My mod consists of a 4mm turnbuckle and some ball ends from a torque rod off my Kyosho Inferno GT. A truggy steering turnbuckle should work with a Kyosho torque rod ball stud anchor for attaching to Hyper9e radio box plate.

Something like this, but not this exact one.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Torque-Rod-Set
Take a look to see if you have one lying around that is the right length.
I had to cut the turnbuckle a little to fit to length.
Simple & effective, great tip for the Hyper dudes..
Old 02-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

hi there,sorry bit off the subject but does anyone know who sells the cnc rear support brace for the hyper 9e,its the brace above the centre diff.......
Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

try specialRC on ebay.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

none on specialrc cain,any more idea,s,
Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

search for hyper 9

here is a direct link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hyper-9-E-Versio...0#ht_500wt_956
Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jon9e
none on specialrc cain,any more idea,s,
ON SpecialRC, here is a link
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hyper-9-E-Ver...item414c802e73

HoBao Hyper 9E thread-bysdwu-bmk%7E%24-kgrhgoh-doejlllw14ubki7q-kw%7E%7E_35.jpg
Old 02-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

thanks guys,goin to have to order one from specialRC because nobody does these in the uk,going to cost me a small fortune but HEY,THANKS AGAIN,
Old 02-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I looked at Kortz's car and he doesn't run that brace so I took mine off. I have already bent two motor mount (front right) bolts and done some damage to the motor mount.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
I looked at Kortz's car and he doesn't run that brace so I took mine off. I have already bent two motor mount (front right) bolts and done some damage to the motor mount.
It's difficult to look at the pro's cars and determine what will work best for the everyday racer. Yea, Jeremy doesn't run hardly any "option" parts, but that's because he's a great driver, and is only concerned about finishing one race. If something does start to fail, then it just gets replaced by the sponsor. He's not paying for the parts like you and I.

As far as the motor mount is concerned, it's best to find a good support for the motor, or at least get some dense foam to put under there.

Just my $.02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.