Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
I saw one of these tonight on a Hyper 9E and with a 15 the top of the gear teeth would just touch with center bottomed in the inside wall of the slot.

It also didn't have a way to stop the diff bearing allowing the spur the contact the mount?
Yup...that was mine...It doesnt fit at all . I will contact Brandon and find out what went wrong with the mount.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Yup...that was mine...It doesnt fit at all . I will contact Brandon and find out what went wrong with the mount.
Mine fits fine with a 14t pinion!
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2294.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2297.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2298.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Champion

I looked at your pics and I see the difference and why mine is wrong. Reference to your pic on the left..The Mblox motor mount on your is smaller...( less material on the left side of the silver part, the screws wholes on yours are closer to the mount.)

On mine there is 4 mm from the outside edge of the silver mount to the edge where it meets the black mount. I think I got the wrong one.

Does your center diff spur rub on the black mount ? Mine does as well. I had several guys look at it and all say , its wrong !!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I looked at your pics and I see the difference and why mine is wrong. Reference to your pic on the left..The Mblox motor mount on your is smaller...( less material on the left side of the silver part, the screws wholes on yours are closer to the mount.)

On mine there is 4 mm from the outside edge of the silver mount to the edge where it meets the black mount. I think I got the wrong one.

Does your center diff spur rub on the black mount ? Mine does as well. I had several guys look at it and all say , its wrong !!
I had to modify my Mblox to fit a 14t pinion. Just sand your Mblox down to the edge of the 4mm cap head hole.
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2290.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-dscf2289.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Kevin,

My Mblox is a standard size which usually works for most gearing but the 9E seems to have a really small center spur 40T which is not the norm..Titotime modified his mblox by sanding it down on one side..
On another note, since it was such a crazy week for me I accidentally forgot to include a flange bearing to replace the one on the diff thats why your spur is rubbing, I sent the bearing to you separately the following day so you should get it tomorrow, I apologize for not giving you a heads up..I had no idea the mount would to get you that quickly..
The only way to fix the mesh problem is to either change the gearing or sand down the one side..
Please call or email me if you have any concerns or questions..

once again I apologize, hope it didn't ruin your day at the track...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Does having the mblox mount sanded like this affect anything for other vehicles? Reason I ask is I wonder if it doesn't cause issues, could the mblox mount be made less wide in general so its still universal and also uses less material.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Does having the mblox mount sanded like this affect anything for other vehicles? Reason I ask is I wonder if it doesn't cause issues, could the mblox mount be made less wide in general so its still universal and also uses less material.
It isn't universal now if it doesn't fit the Hyper without mods. I would buy on if it was machined to work, not if I have to do the work.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by titotime
I had to modify my Mblox to fit a 14t pinion. Just sand your Mblox down to the edge of the 4mm cap head hole.
Thanks for the heads up....The stock Hyper 93 mount works with a 15t pinion and larger. I run a 1900 tekin on 4s and a 15-16 is the right pinion....The mount should work for what all 6 Hyper drivers at our track run.

Here is a pic from my cel phone. That is a 16 tooth pinion on there.

Last edited by lbckevin; 02-01-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Legend

wow thats a pretty big gap.

I also run a 1900Kv and a 16 - 17T so far is what I like.

For those running 4mm motor screws, how long did you need to get them?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

3mm and 4mm screws are included with the ELite Motor Mount.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by balistic
It isn't universal now if it doesn't fit the Hyper without mods. I would buy on if it was machined to work, not if I have to do the work.
Like I said earlier, the HYper 9 is the only vehicle with such small gearing so I was not aware of it, I can't redo the all Mblox just to accommodate one vehicle vehicle, what I can do is modify the remaining Mblox I have set aside for the 9E..

Thanks for the heads up....I dont own anything to sand it down. I have an exacto and thats it. I thought it would bolt up. The stock Hyper 93 mount works with a 15t pinion and larger. I run a 1900 tekin on 4s and a 15-16 is the right pinion....The mount should work for what all 6 Hyper drivers at our track run.

Here is a pic from my cel phone. That is a 16 tooth pinion on there.
If you can't find anyone to help you sand down the block then send it back & I'll help you do it, PM or email me on your thoughts..
Old 02-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Legend

I think having MBlox that are shipped for the Hyper 9E modified already would be an adequate solution, at least for me.

However, I would want to know if for future runs (ie- current stock is sold) of the MBlox, will these now be cut so they are universal for all vehicles including the Hyper 9E or will they still need to be modified first?

Also, what lengths are the screws? (would want to order extras, bad tendency for parts to get feet and walk away)
Old 02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
I think having MBlox that are shipped for the Hyper 9E modified already would be an adequate solution, at least for me.

However, I would want to know if for future runs (ie- current stock is sold) of the MBlox, will these now be cut so they are universal for all vehicles including the Hyper 9E or will they still need to be modified first?

Also, what lengths are the screws? (would want to order extras, bad tendency for parts to get feet and walk away)
Hi Cain,

Future Mblox will remain the same, if I ever do make a new batch of 9Emounts then I will make the same amount of Mblox to match it..
I include 2 sets of screws 3x10 CH & 4x10 CH
Old 02-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info.

Waiting right now on some race reports with the MBlox setup. If its as good as it looks, Will gladly add it to my vehicle.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Brandon called and will fix it and I am super happy.

Thanks to Elite RC products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.