Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It's possible I suppose.

Sounds like it needs to come home.

Hit us up on Live chat for an RA#
Roger that. Cheers
Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Randy, when I calibrate radio/esc, should my throttle/brake be set to max. (in the case of my radio 120 %) or just 100% ??
Old 05-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No, just do 100/100 for now.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I have not seen this.

A few things to look for. Swap the PT out with another. It's possible it's shorting inside, I just had one of my 8 year old ones do this to my E truggy.

If adding the cap helped the situation try this next. Remove the sensor wire from the esc side and see if this corrects the issue.

Are you running a single servo or duals?
Thanks Randy.

I am running a single servo in an MBX6 Eco buggy. Running the Airtronics SSR Rx and Servo 94951.

I did try swapping the transponder with the one in my other buggy and it did the exact same thing.

I eventually did solve this problem by buying one of the newer AMB transponders. The old ones have a minimum voltage of 4v according to the specs, and then newer RC4 style transponders are good down to 2.4v

I put the newer style transponder in and havent missed a lap since. The other one is working perfectly in my SC so I dont think it is a transponder issue. Just seems that the servo draws a touch to much current from the BEC when changing directions and the voltage drops momentarily. It just seems weird that it doesn't brown out if I run the servo all the way to the lock and push the servo to draw power. It only does it for a split second when changing directions.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Is it ok to come off the receiver with a Y harness and connect it to the RX8? That way you don't have to unplug it from the receiver or take the battery box apart every time you want to program it.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Sprikler
Is it ok to come off the receiver with a Y harness and connect it to the RX8? That way you don't have to unplug it from the receiver or take the battery box apart every time you want to program it.

Thanks
No, you can't use a y-harness because you are supplying the receiver with power at the same time. I use an extension that comes out of the receiver box so that I don't have to plug it in and out of the receiver each time.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sprikler

Thanks
I used a Y harness with mine last summer in a VE8 with brake servo.
No problems.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Justin the reset procedure in in the manual. All led's flashing means we're not getting a radio signal. Check the servo lead very carefully for a break or loose connection.
Thanks Randy, when I spent a little more time on it I noticed only 1/3/5 lights flashing and obviously had the lipo cutoff set wrong, last time I drove it I just threw a 6s in it for shits and giggles, so as it turns out and widely noted by my friends I'm a dumbass and there wasn't a problem.......

PS, for anyone getting into this hobby you can't go past the quick support that Randy gives on here, I think I speak for most on here that not only is the tekin product second to none but so is there customer service and setup support, it makes setup easy when you can get help easily...

Once again thanks Randy and keep up the good work.

Cheers Justin aka dumbass
Old 05-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Team Tekin

Ha! No worries, we've all been in a rush to play with our toys! lol.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Posted this in another thread, but thought i'd throw it up here too since i'll be getting an RX8 for it.
I just got a cheeeeap Serpent 960 on-road 1/8 with a lecky conversion kit. I have no electrics yet, and am just reading all I can so I don't waste money on electronic paper-weights.
The conversion comes with a layout for 4 x 1S batteries. Now, i'd rather do a 5S or 6S set-up, but it will require hacking the chassis and I like the idea of keeping it all nice and tidy
Would a 4S 2200kV set-up get particularly hot on a large medium traction track? I'm not worried about insane top speed, just want something fairly quick and driveable.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Team Tekin

It will really depend on the weight of this setup. I've yet to see one run on just 4s. I'd suggest a 4s 2050 or even 1900 setup that was geared properly.

The 2250 setup is a truggy motor so make sure it fits.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey randy, or anyone knows the awnser to my question.

I just got my rx8 2050 combo, and im running it on 4s. I noticed the esc was getting too hot for my likings. 145 after a 6 min qualifier. So I decided to put the fan on the esc, and it turns on when I first turn the esc on, but then it shuts off immediatly after. Does the fan just turn on when the esc needs it, or do I need to change something within the hotwire? If you need any more info about my set-up just ask and I will feel free to post it if need be.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2011, 01:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsamarin

I just got my rx8 2050 combo, and im running it on 4s. I noticed the esc was getting too hot for my likings. 145 after a 6 min qualifier. So I decided to put the fan on the esc, and it turns on when I first turn the esc on, but then it shuts off immediatly after. Does the fan just turn on when the esc needs it, or do I need to change something within the hotwire? If you need any more info about my set-up just ask and I will feel free to post it if need be.

Thanks
You are correct...

The fan runs for a few seconds when you first turn the power on to show you the fan is working...

It then shuts off till the speed control gets hot enough to need the fan.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by adrictan
How abt you try putting a cap on yr receiver? It should be better.
i have been running the system for 6 months with no problems untill now. I think a cap would mask a possible problem. I do have one ordered for my truggy hopeing to prevent a problem on it
Old 05-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by jsamarin

Thanks
David is correct. The fan comes on briefly but then only if the esc hits 140, and off again at 120.

140 isn't hot and I would not run a fan unless I see 6 or 7 led's on the onboard temp indicator after a run. Which by the way will likely not happen if your setup/gearing is correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.