Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
do I get a prize for being the first to thermal one???
i seen one thermal over a month ago, nananana boo boo, lol, the novak motor itself is to weak to run a 1/8 scale realiably, rotor is to darn small!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

double post
Old 05-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I tried searching the thread, but was unable to find what the maximum operating temp is for the T8 motors. I personally haven't seen over 150 on mine, but still would be nice to know.

Tekin? Anyone?
Old 05-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whitrzac
NEUs use the same bondad rotor... I wouldn't be supriesd if they accualy fit in the tekin motors.

Interesting... wonder if that is the case with the V3 combo from Castle as well? I don't understand why NEU or Tekin in this matter would not use a SINTERED ROTOR over a weaker Bonded Rotor? Is it because of costs? It just doesn't make sense? I guess only someone from Tekin can answer that question properly... hopefully we get an answer when they come in to work tomorrow and log-in and catch-up on the stuff on here...

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Exactly what happened to mine....

hlpressly, again I refer to my question to the Tekin team above...

Originally Posted by stone5334
I have a 1700 buggy motor that lasted 5 packs and magnet slipped off the rotor on Monday and Tekin sent me a new rotor in the mail. My 1900 buggy combo came in this week and took it to the track to test Saturday. In 2 laps the magnets slipped off the rotor! I took the supposedly tested rotor that tekin sent me and installed it and it lasted 3 laps before the magnet slipped off that rotor as well. 2 motors 3 rotors and couldn't make 5 laps. Pretty disappointing to say the least.

Originally Posted by stone5334
Accel.
I race with 3 other guys that all have the Tekin system. One of them smoked a esc today in his buggy im sure he will be posting some picks, blew the posts off. Then his esc quite in his truggy. One of the other guys smoked a esc in michigan last week and had a faulty wiring problem in another esc that tekin fixed and sent back. Out of the 4 of us one has not had any issues with his 2050 buggy combo for 3 weeks and won the amain today.

Accel, I specifically remember TY from Tekin posting T8 Motors would now be assembled through a better process: "hydraulic press fit and should be a lot stronger."... I guess it wasn't tested enough or the replacement motor you got didn't go through the Hydraulic Press Fit process at all?!

By the way, sorry to hear about the poor odds you and your buddies are going through... its certainly not very encouraging to say the least

Originally Posted by hlpressley
WOW! Very disappointing for sure!

I thought the new rotors were "torture tested" ? Tekin?

Yup, like you I'm still waiting on a reply... a few pages and counting... Hopefully by Monday at 9am Idaho time...
Old 05-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I don't think people understand when it is said the rotor is sintered or bonded. It is the Magnets that are either sintered or bonded, but you have to attach the magnets to the shaft somehow.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The magnets are sintered, not bonded. Sintered vs. bonded isn't just how the magnets are attached to the rotor shaft. There are glue joints that we're having issues with in production that have since been corrected.

Bonded magnets are magnetic materials usually in powder form mixed with a bonder to make magnets.

Sintered magnets are created with materials pressed and formed with high temps and heat without the bonder material.

Clearly the magnets are stronger than the glue joints right now, lol.

As always we're here to make it right and take care of any issues.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

should i use the clutch kit that came with the techno rc kit or go direct???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

i cant decide.!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like im going to brake it when its direct. but i dont want to deal with buying clutches = [

any imputs mr randy pike??? btw this is on a sc8
Old 05-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by advanaw11
should i use the clutch kit that came with the techno rc kit or go direct???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

i cant decide.!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like im going to brake it when its direct. but i dont want to deal with buying clutches = [

any imputs mr randy pike??? btw this is on a sc8
Your clutch shoes will last a very long time, much longer than if used in a nitro where they constantly drag. You should be able to get months of regular running/racing on a single set. The clutch bells last many times longer than pinions in our experience, we have yet to wear out a clutch bell with our conversions.

But with anything, give it a shot, try both methods and stick with the one that makes you faster on the track.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by avrcguy
I tried searching the thread, but was unable to find what the maximum operating temp is for the T8 motors. I personally haven't seen over 150 on mine, but still would be nice to know.

Tekin? Anyone?
i believe ive read up to 200 degrees or so, similar to the neus for neomagnet strength i believe, i was wondering this to as mine got up to 170 a couple times
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
Your clutch shoes will last a very long time, much longer than if used in a nitro where they constantly drag. You should be able to get months of regular running/racing on a single set. The clutch bells last many times longer than pinions in our experience, we have yet to wear out a clutch bell with our conversions.

But with anything, give it a shot, try both methods and stick with the one that makes you faster on the track.
im more concerned about the stress im giving the motor and esc. i would like to go direct. but unsure i might burn out the esc or like some people on this thread they motors comes appart. im sure every one is running direct
Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
You say you got 30 min. on a Batt.?? If yes ... fill me in! I wanna know what batt.!
No no,I did swap batterys one time.It wasnt 30min non stop.

@teeforb I could go 5S,temps would be lower for sure,but I have 5 4S packs
Old 06-01-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by advanaw11
im more concerned about the stress im giving the motor and esc. i would like to go direct. but unsure i might burn out the esc or like some people on this thread they motors comes appart. im sure every one is running direct
I have been running the Tekno clutch for almost a year now and have yet to replace a clutchbell or set of shoes. Of course I don't race just track bashing as I call it, either way your concern shouldn't be what you will have to replace. You probably want to just decide on something and start using it. From there you can start playing with different setups and fine tune your SC8. Not to be mean, but we can only give you advice on what has worked for each and everyone of us. Not everyone has tried every setup out there and we can't totally prevent you from burning up your ESC just by telling you what to run.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Will it void my warrenty if I mod the case a tiny bit for a better fan? I know the answer, but I thought I would ask anyway since the stock fans are junk! Lost 1 fan blade during the first heat. Lost a 2nd blade during the 2nd heat and it jammed the fan. Ran the main with 3 blades left. Other than that, my system is running good. I ran a 2050 in my RC8 geared 44/16 for 15 minutes in the main and only had to put back 3300 into my battery. Others in my club were not as fortunate this weekend....
Old 06-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you trim off the little nub in the center of the fan shroud and install one of these, your fan will last.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Racing-Dust-Co...20176002r30389
Old 06-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by badassrevo
If you trim off the little nub in the center of the fan shroud and install one of these, your fan will last.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Racing-Dust-Co...20176002r30389
If I install that, I might as well just remove the fan. I really shouldn't have to buy anything, Tekin needs to come up with a fix! I have been bolting fans directly to the top of ESC's for years and I have never had one fail this quickly. In fact, I have never had a fan fail prior to this. I use this fan on other ESC's and have never had a problem. It is too tall for the Tekin case, but the blades are much stronger.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ductId=212783&

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.