Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roar Region 8 off road champs

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Before everyone swears off going to the event, or drops coin on another motor look at the last part of what Dawn said:

"might be best to have ther region director contact the sanctioning director, Andrew Mowery ([email protected]) and apply for a deviation. And.. have the region director maybe call me?"

Get with your rep and have them apply for the deviation. I would do it, but I am a region 9 racer that is just thankful that I can even go to a regional at all this year.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell
Before everyone swears off going to the event, or drops coin on another motor look at the last part of what Dawn said:

"might be best to have ther region director contact the sanctioning director, Andrew Mowery ([email protected]) and apply for a deviation. And.. have the region director maybe call me?"

Get with your rep and have them apply for the deviation. I would do it, but I am a region 9 racer that is just thankful that I can even go to a regional at all this year.
True... that would be very cool, and a good call for this race.

Maybe they can make a permanent deviation
Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron P

And ROAR wonders why membership is down so much. We didn't even get notice that our region was having an onroad regional until a week before the race, and that was only because someone from the host track was nice enough to post about it the week before. Yeah, that gives us plenty of time to plan and save. Thanks for the heads up on that one ROAR!
Again, if you don't like it, man up and nominate yourself for region director. Region 8 is up for election this year.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FroBoy
Again, if you don't like it, man up and nominate yourself for region director. Region 8 is up for election this year.
Alex - so are you saying that it is the region directors responsibility to personally update ROAR's web site, and that's why it was never posted? ROAR doesn't know when their own sanctioned races are happening and rely on the directors to be webmasters? Don't you have to be a ROAR member to be a director? That cuts me out.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CodyJandrakovic
Castle should just change the design. Motor size has been around for 20+ years. I dont think it should matter as far as performance if the can itself is within specs than it should be allowed because the screws sticking out wont be benificial. I am going to try and make it to this race just depends on if we are still working 70 hr weeks than not working weekends. Later
I agree... Castle should make small changes if it would make them legal, like adding solder tabs and set screws instead of button head screws.

I hope you can make it, and bring that wicked fast 4wd
Old 08-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Initiate

For those who don't know, Castle does NOT make the motors. I have talked to them in person. I have been to castle office in person as well. They only make the speedo's and software. That was about a year ago, I really doubt they have changed that. So it would be hard to get them changed without changing the supplier of motors or have them built to match the rules.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Regional Moderator

As a matter of fact, it is the region directors job to do that.

Its also up to the tracks to promote their race.

Last edited by FroBoy; 08-08-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:05 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Simple solution at least for mod classes. Since ROAR went with the norm and Novak/LRP rules for the sensored setups I don't see why they don't actually meet with Castle/Tekin on the Sensorless setups and get some simple rules for mod with these motors. It is mod so I can't imagine it would be too hard to iron that out. It could actually add lots of racers that might not bother to go to a ROAR event at least at local events.

Lets face it ROAR would of never went with Castle/Tekin for initial rules because Novak/LRP are in with ROAR alot more and then add most big factory guys race for LRP and Novak it was an easy choice.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Sensorless motors are allowed in the modified classes, they just have to be submitted and approved. If they are outside the standards allowed they don't get approved.

Novak, LRP, Orion, Trinity, Hacker, Tekin, Speedpassion, Losi, and Checkpoint have all been able to do this. I think it would be sweet if Castle could too.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FroBoy
Sensorless motors are allowed in the modified classes, they just have to be submitted and approved. If they are outside the standards allowed they don't get approved.

Novak, LRP, Orion, Trinity, Hacker, Tekin, Speedpassion, Losi, and Checkpoint have all been able to do this. I think it would be sweet if Castle could too.
They do but all the motors listed are Sensored setups. The Castle and Tekin Redline are only sensorless and will never meet the rules as they are setup now. All the sensored motors listed about are almost all the same made by the same two or three manufactures to cover all those motors.

It is a simple fix and it wouldn't require Castle and Tekin to spend boat loads of money to totally change their design because they where excluded the first time around.

Your not going to get motors to fit the rules that where made way before ROAR setup the rules for brushless. Reason the other companies fit the rules as the rules where made to fit them.

Well good luck for you guys with Castle and Tekin sensorless systems.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I didn't expect this kind of reponse.

Alex: Do you know the region director? Would there be anyway to point him in the direction of this thread, also Billy or someone from Chillicothe, so many people run castle motors, it would be a good idea to get a concrete answer.

Dawn: I have seen ROAR make some exciting and great decisions in the past couple of years that are not only good for the sport but good for ROAR. I'm not up to speed on the castle motors and ROAR appoval, as a racer I'm just happy with the performance. I know many many racers run the castle system, castle is selling many systems. I understand rules are rules, and I respect that, however at the same time castle is selling a successfull system to racers/bashers...etc at a repid pace, many install them and run them at the local track not knowing the motor is not roar legal, therefore these racers if told that thier motor is not legal will simply not race as a direct result not signing up for ROAR membership and paying ROAR dues, as well as take away from teh total turnout of a race. Given this, I would think it would be in the best interest of everyone for this to be worked out between castle and ROAR. Given the vast improvment in ROAR, and your great leadership of ROAR, I hope this can come to a good conclusion for everyone.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:31 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

My question is. If you are the caliber driver, in a region who always holds ROAR State and Regional races on a regular basis. Knowing that these races will be held. Why would you purchase something that was never on the approved list?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

It should be noted, that Castle Creations is located in Kansas City, right in the heart of region 8, and this race is about an hour away from KC.

So maybe there are more than the normal # of racers here that are running the Castle systems.

When Novak first came out with a brushless system, they also did not fit ROAR rules, but guess what? ROAR made new rules to fit the new technology.

I still fail to see why the same logic is not applied with the Tekin and Castle motors. It's a different type of motor, so yes... it needs to have the rulebook updated like it has been in the past.

We are now running lipos and brushless stock motors... I think there is room for Castle
Old 08-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default J P

The problem is that they hold 2 big trophy races a year always over 150 entries this race is usually one of them. Its normally not a roar race so it normally does not matter. The track owner decided to make this one a Roar race this year so its usually cool that we run Castle stuff. They usually dont hold a roar race and if they have lately it has been outdoor in the summer or something and not a whole lot of people show up.
Jeremy
Old 08-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

If we get the ok, there are at least 4 guys coming from DesMoines that will be running Castle motors, all running multiple classes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.