Search

Roar Region 8 off road champs

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

J_P - That is the wrong attitude for ROAR, the racers and hobbyshops

Froboy-Good call

Castle sells a lot of sidewinder systems. It is the exact system I run, most racers that only plan to run club races will buy the $139 BL system over the ROAR approved novak/LRP system. Given the overwhelming popularity of these systems if I were ROAR, I would find a way to "grandfather" these motors in.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default NMR-C region 8 race

Just put in a phone call to Billy. Told him the issue on here. Any ways he's aware of it. I told him what you guys thought or wanted. I cant' do any thing other than make him aware. So we'll see. Mark
Old 08-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Awesome Mark.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dummer40
Just put in a phone call to Billy. Told him the issue on here. Any ways he's aware of it. I told him what you guys thought or wanted. I cant' do any thing other than make him aware. So we'll see. Mark
Excellent. Hope it all works out for you guys.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default thanks Mark

Thanks Mark.
Jeremy
Old 08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well it isnt just castle thats not legal.........nothing sensorless is legal losi castle

so how come nobodys asking about losi sensorless stuff??
Old 08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Cause Losi sensored is better!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by clintscreations
well it isnt just castle thats not legal.........nothing sensorless is legal losi castle
GO LAY DOWN CLOWN.....

I believe my Trinity N-80 motor is legal on my Castle MM speedo. That motor was allowed at last years regional.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FroBoy
Cause Losi sensored is better!
I think you need to come down to Chilli and prove it!!!!

As fast as you were last race there, I know you don't want to miss it... but back to back big races is tough on the wallet.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theDover
GO LAY DOWN CLOWN.....

I believe my Trinity N-80 motor is legal on my Castle MM speedo. That motor was allowed at last years regional.
If it get's down to it...it's not on the approved list. That list is relatively short, at least what's showing on the ROAR web site.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Aaron P
If it get's down to it...it's not on the approved list. That list is relatively short, at least what's showing on the ROAR web site.
Can someone clarify for me - If a Mod Brushless motor is not on the ROAR "approved list", does this mean that it is ineligible despite meeting all other requirements?
Old 08-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes
Old 08-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ultima
Can someone clarify for me - If a Mod Brushless motor is not on the ROAR "approved list", does this mean that it is ineligible despite meeting all other requirements?
Yes, but I would think no one will pay attention or say anything about brushed motors, if it looks normal. But the Castle motors are easy to spot...
Old 08-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a partial quote from teh big cheeze at Castle regarding ROAR and CC motors... I found it interesting.

I'm expecting certain parties will deny this, but it's in harmony with what I've heard all along from a couple sources.

When I tried to get ROAR to change the Modified rules two years ago, I was told "These are the rules -- we won't consider changing them yet, the rules are too new." Last year, I was told "You have to wait until next year before we will even talk about it." So I waited until January of this year and was told by ROAR: "You have to wait until next year, because we won't review the modified rules until then." And this is supposed to be an association that promotes racing?
Castle feels that ROAR was strong armed by a couple people to make the rules as they are, even though several other companies were not in agreement. And that they are being purposely excluded.

So maybe "we" need to help Castle voice the idea that ROAR needs to revisit the rules for mod motors.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

I'm so sick of ROAR, We need a new association. ROAR: Modified rules should allow people to run modified. If you give us a list of what we can run, it's not really an open class now is it? They are too slow to adapt to what the racers want to do & they allow individuals who operate RC businesses to write the rules. No conflict of interest there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.