Wiki Posts
Search

Roar Region 8 off road champs

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What/where is the Horizon race?

I hope it's not in our (region 8) area...

Froboy is about the lone ranger for Losi around here so maybe Horizon will reschedule their race so he can come to the regionals, lol
Old 08-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Old 08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'd go to both, but I'd have to take out a loan, and my wife would leave me for sure.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd like to find out if our region director will allow castle motors, otherwise I'm at the horizon race.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I'd like to find out if our region director will allow castle motors, otherwise I'm at the horizon race.
I know I ran a ROAR Region 2 event 3 weeks ago and at least 10 guys ran various mod classes with Castle motors and that was not a problem as it was mod.

With money being tight nowadays how many places would say no to getting your money.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They aren't on the Roar approved list, so that might be a problem. Have they ever been submitted?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IMO, ROAR needs to wake up and make the motors legal, even if it means re-writing the precious rulebook.

It's MOD class.

Some of us have been running them for more than 2 years now, and it's obvious ROAR has no good reason to deny a stamp of approval.

For what it's worth... Castle did try to dance with ROAR and pretty much got kicked in the teeth, depending on who you ask.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:39 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
They aren't on the Roar approved list, so that might be a problem. Have they ever been submitted?
Well at are race it was up to the Region 2 director that was present and he has raced long enough to know this didn't present a problem and that no advantage was gained by allowing drivers to use Castle motors. I will say at least one thing for are Regina 2 director he has raced for 20 some years and has a clue.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
IMO, ROAR needs to wake up and make the motors legal, even if it means re-writing the precious rulebook.

It's MOD class.

Some of us have been running them for more than 2 years now, and it's obvious ROAR has no good reason to deny a stamp of approval.

For what it's worth... Castle did try to dance with ROAR and pretty much got kicked in the teeth, depending on who you ask.
Well it is mod and offroad especially too much power causes more problems than what motor brand motor I use.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm just afraid someone will protest it unless it is clearly stated before the race.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We ran Castle motors last year at Regionals, so hopefully this year will be the same.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

it dont take a roket scientest to figure out that ITS A MOD CLASS!!! so what the heck is the big deal with letting racers use a castle motor? ITS A MOD CLASS!!!! i dont run castle stuff but they should b allowed just cause a ton of guys do run them and in my opinion i think it could hurt the race turnout alittle. i sure wish the rc pro seiries could figure out a way of gettin electric up and going in their seireis i know carlton wouldnt have ay problem with a castle motor. come back to earth roar!!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:23 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

You would think that if they are smart enough to make a motor, they would be smart enough to know how to mail one for inspection. Every one else figured it out....
Old 08-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P
You would think that if they are smart enough to make a motor, they would be smart enough to know how to mail one for inspection. Every one else figured it out....
That's not the problem....the problem is that the screws that secure the end of the motor screw in from the side, rather than the end, making the motors outside diameter larger than ROAR rules allow. Either the rules would need to be re-written slightly, or Castle would need to put the screws in from the end, rather than the side.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Castle should just change the design. Motor size has been around for 20+ years. I dont think it should matter as far as performance if the can itself is within specs than it should be allowed because the screws sticking out wont be benificial. I am going to try and make it to this race just depends on if we are still working 70 hr weeks than not working weekends. Later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.