Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roar Region 8 off road champs

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what ive heard is that ROAR tried to get castle to submit their motors and speedos and they keep turning ROAR down

sasquatch................you cant race!!!! your satan said so......LMAO
Old 08-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Castle did try to work with ROAR. The blame is on ROAR, not Castle.

Sounds like we need to hear from our region director. It would be a shame to lose good racers due to this stupid crap.

On a positive note, we had a good time tonight at Hobby Haven in DM, with 67 entries on our electric Wed night. The weather was great and the track was awesome. Big thanks to the out-of-town guys who made the drive like DJ and Jeff from Omaha and Tony form FTDodge and Jason from Waterloo.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm in clown. I just need to know about this motor thing. It needs to come from the region director here and at the track.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Hopefully we get word on this motor thing sooner rather than later. All my systems are Castle systems, so I'll need some time to aquire ROAR approved motors if Castle motors are not allowed.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
IMO, ROAR needs to wake up and make the motors legal, even if it means re-writing the precious rulebook.

It's MOD class.

Some of us have been running them for more than 2 years now, and it's obvious ROAR has no good reason to deny a stamp of approval.

For what it's worth... Castle did try to dance with ROAR and pretty much got kicked in the teeth, depending on who you ask.
Not True..........

funny how people make up stories to suit their needs.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dawn, can the region director allow these motors for a regional race?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by David Alberico
Dawn, can the region director allow these motors for a regional race?
David.. nope..... if that were so, what is the point of the approval process, the five motors that have to be submitted ($450.00 value) and the $350.00 cash, per wind, approval fees companies pay to have them approved?

but... all is not lost.....

might be best to have ther region director contact the sanctioning director, Andrew Mowery ([email protected]) and apply for a deviation. And.. have the region director maybe call me?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

This is not good for the track owners. I can think of quite a few racers that normally run Castle motors at this race.

I normally run 3 classes. If I can't run the Castle motors, I will still come but I will only run 1 class. I have already talked to another racer in the same situation and I expect we are not the only ones.

I hope something can be worked out.

Dawn, perhaps you can shed some light and give us an idea if the Castle motors have any chance of getting a ROAR stamp. Right now we know the Castle motor does not conform to the rules correct? Can you tell us what would need changed on the Castle motors in order for them to be approved?

Problems with the motors:
1.no solder tabs?
2.little screws on the endbell?
3.internal winding pattern or construction?

Any of these correct? Other issues?

If Castle knows that things like this will not work for ROAR, and there is no chance it will pass, then they have no reason to submit money and product.

Are the "non-conforming" issues something that might be relaxed/overlooked/changed, so as to allow them to become a legal motor?

Thanks for taking time to address this.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
....This is not good for the track owners. I can think of quite a few racers that normally run Castle motors at this race.

I normally run 3 classes. If I can't run the Castle motors, I will still come but I will only run 1 class. I have already talked to another racer in the same situation and I expect we are not the only ones.

I hope something can be worked out....
I am in this exact same situation. Normally I run three mod classes. If I can't run my Castle motors, it's most likely going to cut out some of my entries.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Do you really think its fair to bend the rules for one motor company when every other company has followed them? I would hope your answer is no....
Old 08-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

come on guys- rules are rules- if its not legal run something different until it is!

Last edited by brian cox; 08-07-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron P
I am in this exact same situation. Normally I run three mod classes. If I can't run my Castle motors, it's most likely going to cut out some of my entries.
It sucks to be different and not just be a follower!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Do you really think its fair to bend the rules for one motor company when every other company has followed them? I would hope your answer is no....
Maybe not... is there another brand that has a 540 size motor that is not legal?

Back in the day when everyone ran brushed motors.... surely there were off brand motors that were technically not on the ROAR list, but were obviously just another typical mod motor. I can't imagine those motors were rejected at the races?

For example, even Feigao (the big chinese brushless motor mfg) has a line of basic 540 brushed motors. I doubt that those are ROAR legal, but I bet you could race them because nobody would speak up to question them, and they do not provide any advantage either.

Stock class in a different thing, and needs tighter regulation.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Why are guys running them when they are not legal?

For me... this is the first ROAR race in two years. Last year's regionals was at Novelty and nobody went. Two years ago it was at Chilli and only a couple of us had Castle stuff and nobody said anything.

So this is the first race in over two years that I have had an issue with it.

I don't think anyone in the hobby... race directors, track owners, racers... has a problem with these motors. It would be nice if ROAR would feel the same.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Actually, last year the race was in Chilli, and 2006 was in Novelty, and I think that the turnout was better in Novelty than last year in Chilli. Last year it was the first of June, and indoors, so that hurt attendance.

Too bad that it seems to be a bigger deal this year than the last two years, when we ran Castle equipment and no one said a word. Oh well.....off to procure a ROAR approved motor...or two, just to be safe.

And ROAR wonders why membership is down so much. We didn't even get notice that our region was having an onroad regional until a week before the race, and that was only because someone from the host track was nice enough to post about it the week before. Yeah, that gives us plenty of time to plan and save. Thanks for the heads up on that one ROAR!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.