Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

How is the box setup on carpet? Should I throw in a different setup right away or will I be ready to go with the box setup?
Old 03-04-2019, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what does removing this spacer do? I know it changes bump steer hence the name bump steer spacing, but what are the effects of having it or not.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
what does removing this spacer do?
Changes bump-steer. Having a little bit of "bump-out" (wheels toe out as suspension compresses) can help with jump landing and rough track stability (was especially beneficial on the old Mugen 1/8 cars). If you aren't interested in changing bump steer, then you'd change this spacer to more or less to keep the ball stud in the same position after changing spindle height or caster angle, both of which will alter the height of the steering arm.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRockman
What is the best glue to use to hold the fan to the chassis to cool the motor? Needs to have some flex to it I would think...
3M clear tape has held my servo in place for months now.

Originally Posted by party_wagon
How is the box setup on carpet? Should I throw in a different setup right away or will I be ready to go with the box setup?
I found it to be pretty easy to drive with the kit setup, but very neutral. I felt it didn't respond well to aggressive driving, nor was it a "slower is faster" kind of thing if that makes sense. I added some weight with the steel servo plate and the brass bulkhead, and took out some rear toe. I also am running white front and gray rear springs.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Braxamus
what does removing this spacer do? I know it changes bump steer hence the name bump steer spacing, but what are the effects of having it or not.
Bumpsteer is the relation between the angle of the steering link and camber link. When they are parallel to eachother, there is no bumpsteer. Zero bumpsteer will give equal on throttle and off throttle steering and is a good starting point. The tires keeps the same steering angle throughout the suspension stroke.

Toe-in bumpsteer - lower the ballstud on the steering plates. On throttle will be pushy and very stable because you lose steering angle the more you accelerate and lift the front end. When you brake and enter a corner it will be very responsive and may even hook in and oversteer because it will gain more steering angle the more it leans onto the front wheels. This can be beneficial for flat tracks that require more off throttle steering. The buggy can steer through corners with less braking potentially carrying more corner speed, at the expense of stability.

Toe-out bumpsteer - raise the ballstud on the steering plate. On throttle will have more steering and be more responsive because as the front lifts you will gain more steering angle. As you slow down and enter a corner it will be more stable and might be pushy because it loses steering angle the more it compresses the front suspension. This can be easier to drive on a track with lots of bumps and jumps because the buggy will push a little more instead of hooking and oversteering.

Bumpsteer on jumps. It also affects the steering as you go off jumps. The weight is shifted off the front wheels entering a jump and as you drive up the face of the jump the front end compresses suddenly. If you are hitting the jumps straight on 100% of the time, you won't really notice a difference as there is no steering involved however if there is any steering involved you will notice a big difference. Having toe in bumpsteer causes the buggy to steer more as you go up the jump. This can make it harder to predict where your buggy is going to end up. Having toe out bumpsteer causes the buggy to lose steering as you go up the jump, which can be more stable and you can drive harder without worrying about flying off in some new direction.

Bumpsteer landing jumps. Same thing happens when you land the jump. Having toe in bumpsteer will cause the buggy to gain more steering and front grip when you land. If you have too much, the front grip can overpower the rear when landing a jump, making it much easier to oversteer and spin out upon landing. Having toe out bumpsteer will make the front grip less upon landing helping create a push on the front when you land, helping stability.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps in some way.

Last edited by trf211; 03-04-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the explanation, I have changed my 6.1D setup to match the Rivkin setup he used when he raced at my track and did everything but this and I really likes how it handled. I was running the box setup before this< think Ill leav the spacer in there for now.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trf211
Bumpsteer is the relation between the angle of the steering link and camber link. When they are parallel to eachother, there is no bumpsteer. Zero bumpsteer will give equal on throttle and off throttle steering and is a good starting point. The tires keeps the same steering angle throughout the suspension stroke.

Toe-in bumpsteer - lower the ballstud on the steering plates. On throttle will be pushy and very stable because you lose steering angle the more you accelerate and lift the front end. When you brake and enter a corner it will be very responsive and may even hook in and oversteer because it will gain more steering angle the more it leans onto the front wheels. This can be beneficial for flat tracks that require more off throttle steering. The buggy can steer through corners with less braking potentially carrying more corner speed, at the expense of stability.

Toe-out bumpsteer - raise the ballstud on the steering plate. On throttle will have more steering and be more responsive because as the front lifts you will gain more steering angle. As you slow down and enter a corner it will be more stable and might be pushy because it loses steering angle the more it compresses the front suspension. This can be easier to drive on a track with lots of bumps and jumps because the buggy will push a little more instead of hooking and oversteering.

Bumpsteer on jumps. It also affects the steering as you go off jumps. The weight is shifted off the front wheels entering a jump and as you drive up the face of the jump the front end compresses suddenly. If you are hitting the jumps straight on 100% of the time, you won't really notice a difference as there is no steering involved however if there is any steering involved you will notice a big difference. Having toe in bumpsteer causes the buggy to steer more as you go up the jump. This can make it harder to predict where your buggy is going to end up. Having toe out bumpsteer causes the buggy to lose steering as you go up the jump, which can be more stable and you can drive harder without worrying about flying off in some new direction.

Bumpsteer landing jumps. Same thing happens when you land the jump. Having toe in bumpsteer will cause the buggy to gain more steering and front grip when you land. If you have too much, the front grip will always overpower the rear when landing a jump, making it much easier to oversteer and spin out upon landing. Having toe out bumpsteer will make the front grip less upon landing helping create a push on the front when you land, helping stability.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps in some way.
Awesome post! Thanks you! (This should be part of the wiki for sure) So some Toe In Bumpsteer would be helpful on a jump/turn such as the picture attached.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Awesome post! Thanks you! (This should be part of the wiki for sure) So some Toe In Bumpsteer would be helpful on a jump/turn such as the picture attached.
I won't say with any certainty as that is determined more by what you want out of the vehicle, I may prefer something different. Best thing you can do is try and find out. It's a quick adjustment!
Old 03-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Absolutely something I'm going to play with. Thanks!
Originally Posted by trf211
I won't say with any certainty as that is determined more by what you want out of the vehicle, I may prefer something different. Best thing you can do is try and find out. It's a quick adjustment!
Old 03-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yess
Hello all,
Without having to read 167 pages -- can someone recommend a thick (i.e. sturdy and less breakable) aftermarket rear wing for the B6.1D, please?
Thanks in advance!
The guys at SDRC handed me the TLR wing when I asked that.. they come in a two pack and I use them on both my B6.1d and B64d .. I really like them. They take more abuse vs the wing that comes with the b6.1d for sure.
I think they are the medium downforce ones..
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...caAg_8EALw_wcB

Slashripper likes this.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

anyone know off hand what a 17.5 stock buggy is supposed to weight to be legal I cant find it on the ROAR site
Old 03-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

1499g minimum.

To add to what David mentioned earlier. Anytime you adjust axle height, camber link height at the tower, caster angle at the hub and kickup on the bulkhead your bumpsteer will change. It's important to reset your bumpsteer whenever you make these adjustments to the front end so you can isolate changes and not end up changing two things at once.

Last edited by trf211; 03-04-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Just got done setting up my new buggy, i want to post pics but i can't till i make 10 posts which is dumb lol
Old 03-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmxguy73
Just got done setting up my new buggy, i want to post pics but i can't till i make 10 posts which is dumb lol
Only six more to go...LOL
SLO county race likes this.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by party_wagon
box setup is awesome, similar to old b6 cavs setup. I went from 30wt rear to 35wt (similar to 1.7 pistons/30wt) and 37.5wt front

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.